• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

ArcNinja

where is the verse for saying it is ok to remarry?

:areyoucra

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

Last edited:

Meshak

:areyoucra

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

This is not Jesus' law. Christians dont practice Judaism. Jesus upgraded OT law.

In OT they could have multiple wives and concubines too. David and his son Solomon is good example.

ArcNinja

This is not Jesus' law. Christians dont practice Judaism. Jesus upgraded OT law.

In OT they could have multiple wives and concubines too. David and his son Solomon is good example.

Where in the bible does it say to completely denounce the OT? Also, if we're still arguing against homosexuality, I suppose you could say the same about it.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It is Jesus' standard I am talking about. Jesus tells His followers to be holy and pure.

Which is how asceticism works. The same teaching can be found in ascetic variants of Eastern religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

Meshak

Which is how asceticism works. The same teaching can be found in ascetic variants of Eastern religions like Hinduism and Buddhism.

I dont know about that. Japanese are mostly Buddhism and they have very low sexual standards. I am Japanese.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Where in the bible does it say to completely denounce the OT? Also, if we're still arguing against homosexuality, I suppose you could say the same about it.

Not all of it, but marriage and remarriage has changed by Jesus.
It looks to me like Kakashi aka ArcNinja has it right:

Jesus aka 'Big Guns' said:
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Although that would also mean he supports the references in Leviticus against homosexuality, shellfish, trimming the hair on the side of your head, and mixed fabrics.

Meshak

Although that would also mean he supports the references in Leviticus against homosexuality, shellfish, trimming the hair on the side of your head, and mixed fabrics.

Jesus does not condone homosexual sex. Jesus commands His followers to be holy and pure.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Animals kill to eat, human dont.

I'm sorry to inform you...you're wrong. We are omnivores...and not all of us wait until our meat is road kill to eat meat. I happen to hunt deer. And supermarkets are full of beef, chicken and pork. Oh my!.......We are killers!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus does not condone homosexual sex. Jesus commands His followers to be holy and pure.
The implicit assumption there is that homosexual sex is unholy and impure.

But without an actual argument, that would merely be a mix of opinion and speculation.

He does not have to. He commands us to be holy and pure.

He does not even condone remarriage if your ex spouse is still alive.
You read the bible verse ArcNinja posted. What else is there to say?

Also, you didn't answer my question. How long is the hair on the sides of your head?

If you think that, then you're bound to run into problems; society is variable: if you live in a fundamentalist Christian area, you're going to be expected to go to church, etc. Is that worldly?

If you live near me, you're expected to get drunk, high, wear tracksuits, and fight people outside chip shops while holding a kebab. I don't do any of these, does this make me unworldly?

But this teaching wasn't even taken by his disciples.

Jesus wants His followers to live self controlled moral standard which He sets for His followers. I will follow His standards.:)
There is a difference between self-controlled moral standards and living in a life of misery. If I'm honest, you don't sound happy this way. Do you think God would want this?[/quote]
Odion, the idea that misery is personal, seems to suggest that people react to it like you would, at the moment, if you are in misery. In that case, if you are miserable, alone, would you want others to remove your misery?

mayuboar

regardless of who or what created man and woman.

If I entered a room and saw a man trying to put a plug into another plug rather then into the wall, what it was physically created for I would have to ask what the hell are you doing you confused little man.
He could argue all day long until he is blue in the face, whatever argument he tells in order to justify his actions will not change the fact that straight out, the plug was built to go in the wall.

How do we know this, look at it, a child knows this.

averageJOE

zombie

If I entered a room and saw a man trying to put a plug into another plug rather then into the wall, what it was physically created for I would have to ask what the hell are you doing you confused little man.
He could argue all day long until he is blue in the face, whatever argument he tells in order to justify his actions will not change the fact that straight out, the plug was built to go in the wall.

If you walked into a room and saw anybody having sex what you really should do is turn around and walk out. Not stand there and say "Your doing it wrong."

ArcNinja

The analogy just doesn't add up at all.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Well, considering no one is trying to stick a plug into another plug I don't think there's an issue. I mean, we can talk about plugs going into different sockets, but as both genders have the other optional socket in question and it's not just one gender which uses that socket as an option, I still don't see the issue. :shrug: