• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

Meshak

"Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery." (Mark 10:11)

YOu see, this this talking about remarriage is sin.

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

This is not saying remarriage is OK.

An obvious contradiction. Have you even read the bible, Meshak, or are you just pulling this stuff out of your ***?

You dont seem to understand what you are reading.

Meshak

If you think that, then you're bound to run into problems; society is variable: if you live in a fundamentalist Christian area, you're going to be expected to go to church, etc. Is that worldly?
Worldliness is perfectly ok behavior by the society whereas many things are not by Jesus' standards ig, homosexual sex, loving your enemy. Only one marriage for life etc..
If you live near me, you're expected to get drunk, high, wear tracksuits, and fight people outside chip shops while holding a kebab. I don't do any of these, does this make me unworldly?
It is not always contradict. But Jesus' standards are not acceptable standards for the world most of the time. It is too high for the world to accept.
But this teaching wasn't even taken by his disciples.
then they are not obedient to Jesus and should not be called His disciples. His disciple strive to be loyal and obedient to His teachings.
There is a difference between self-controlled moral standards and living in a life of misery. If I'm honest, you don't sound happy this way. Do you think God would want this?
I am perfectly happy with my way of living, striving to be faithful to Jesus. My family and I have drastically changed when we accepted Jesus as our Lord. We are capable of handling any difficulty this world may bring. We definitely appreciate Jesus' teachings and commandments to live by.

BTW, we are deeply dysfunctional family, but Jesus changed all that. I feel we are the most happiest family in the world by being Jesus' servants. That's why I am an evangelist for Him too.:) I have an overseas mission for my Lord..

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Nope, you are mistaken. Jesus says we can divorce in case of adultery but He never said we can remarry. If we do we are committing another adultery.

not entirely.

Matthew 19:6 "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery,"

This seems to suggest that marriage, after a divorce, is acceptable under certain circumstance i.e. the spouse was cheating or the spouse wanted the divorce (the latter is debatable)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh yeah, you were dysfunctional. You are happiest now. Yet you are separated and self-subjecting yourself to a life without a love partner. Sure sounds like Jesus made things all hunky-dory for you. :sarcastic

Do you even believe the line you're feeding to those around you or are you perhaps trying to convince yourself rather than others?

Meshak

Oh yeah, you were dysfunctional. You are happiest now. Yet you are separated and self-subjecting yourself to a life without a love partner. Sure sounds like Jesus made things all hunky-dory for you. :sarcastic

Do you even believe the line you're feeding to those around you or are you perhaps trying to convince yourself rather than others?

Nope, my family is all adults and they are blessing to all around them too:)

Meshak

not entirely.

Matthew 19:6 "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery,"

You are mistaken, remarriage is another adultery if your former spouse is still alive even if your divorce is biblical and not your falt.

averageJOE

zombie
what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?
"Homosex"? None of my business what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom. Weather it's "homosex" (ridiculous word), or bondage, or whatever, if they are consenting to it what is the importance of anyone's opinion outside of that bedroom is?

Meshak

It's rather disturbing that people would remain trapped in an unhappy and loveless relationship based upon the irrational social norms of dead desert dwellers.

I think we need to rethink about too much emphasis on sexuality. LIfe is much more than just sex. Sexuality is over rated. Sex sells.

ArcNinja

YOu see, this this talking about remarriage is sin.

This is not saying remarriage is OK.

You dont seem to understand what you are reading.

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement..."

This is saying that divorce is indeed okay if there is good reason for it. How you could interpret that scripture any other way is beyond me.

"...and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

She may go and be another man's wife. This means that she may leave her current husband and become the wife of someone else. It is self-explanatory. To read it any other way would be nit-picking and searching for something that isn't there, which is exactly what you are doing. You're trying to justify your ignorant actions to yourself and to others, and I can barely tolerate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meshak

:facepalm: My friend, I hate to say it, but you are delusional.

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement..."

This is saying that divorce is indeed okay if there is good reason for it. How you could interpret that scripture any other way is beyond me.

"...and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

She may go and be another man's wife. This means that she may leave her current husband and become the wife of someone else. It is self-explanatory. To read it any other way would be nit-picking and searching for something that isn't there, which is exactly what you are doing. You're trying to justify your ignorant actions to yourself and to others, and I can barely tolerate it.

You are greatly mistaken. But you have right to your own opinion.
good day, friend.

Meshak

And yet you provided no evidence whatsoever as to why I am "greatly mistaken." :sarcastic

You just quoted yourself; it is just you are twisting around it.

I cannot help you if you will not accept Jesus' word.

How about this; give me reference saying it is ok to remarry.

ArcNinja

You are the one twisting it around. The meaning of the scripture was obvious. I just provided you with a reference. You can either open your eyes and accept it, or continue on with your delusion. It doesn't really matter to me either way. I'm just saying that the truth here is evident.

ArcNinja

Here is some food for thought:

"This is what it boils down to and what I discuss during marriage counseling: is there any way possible to be reconciled to your former spouse without sacrificing your family’s safety? If so, I believe it is the Lord’s will to pursue this. If not, then grace and forgiveness are offered. At this point the practical issues of responsibility and maturity come into play. I suggest to people to make sure they have worked out the reasons for the previous divorce to be sure that any personal spiritual issues (including commitment) are not unresolved." - Can a Divorced Christian be Remarried? | Parchment and Pen

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The erroneous doctrine of forbidding one to marry after a divorce has been preached and taught in many churches. It has violated the conscience and hearts of those who’ve been divorced, driving them into a constant state of confusion and negatively impacting their lives. The only way for these people to come out of that confused state is to leave the church, and many have done just that. Not only do they leave the church to remarry, they also need to be able to make the right decision to divorce when it’s necessary in order to save themselves and their families before all is destroyed.[/FONT]" - Divorce and Remarriage - Can Christians Remarry After Divorce? Absolutely! Apoluo, Shalach

Draka

Wonder Woman
I believe she did, several times, yet you seem to either ignore it or refuse to see it for what it is.

What part of "she may go and be another man's wife" do you not see as permission to remarry? If Jesus himself were to stand before you and tell you you may go and do something would you not take it as permission to go and do that very thing? Isn't giving permission to do something the very same thing as saying "it is okay" to do it?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
If your family dont accept you just because you serve Jesus, faithful do not abandon Jesus. That's why it is essential to marry who has the same goal as yours. It is problem in Okinawa after they become Christian and they get many unkind word from their relatives and they give up being Jesus' followers.

Jesus could perform miracles. We are not miracle workers. If you can provide your family being homeless, go for it.

Neither of these negate my point. Jesus taught an ascetic religion, and salt and light-ness (an ambiguous term, anyway) can be found in the homeless.

Paul's the one who turned it into a popular religion.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I think we need to rethink about too much emphasis on sexuality. LIfe is much more than just sex. Sexuality is over rated. Sex sells.

Actually, no it doesn't. And no, it's not for those who like it.

Star Wars seems overrated to those who aren't fans. Christianity seems overrated to non-Christians. Sex seems overrated to those with low libidos like you and I.

I, too, have a low libido, and am not obsessed with sex. I do look forward to the Wisdom years in which I no longer have to worry about the occasional days when thoughts of sex just overwhelm me and prevent me from doing what I want to do.

But I don't use myself as a standard for others, since we're all different.

Meshak

You are the one twisting it around. The meaning of the scripture was obvious. I just provided you with a reference. You can either open your eyes and accept it, or continue on with your delusion. It doesn't really matter to me either way. I'm just saying that the truth here is evident.

where is the verse for saying it is ok to remarry?