• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

Meshak

According to jesus yes you can. You can divorce him, thus as a non married woman you can re-marry

Nope, you are mistaken. Jesus says we can divorce in case of adultery but He never said we can remarry. If we do we are committing another adultery.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Nope, you are mistaken. Jesus says we can divorce in case of adultery but He never said we can remarry. If we do we are committing another adultery.

It is only adultery when you have sex with someone who is not our spouse. Pee that are not married, can marry.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If you enter into a contract where both parties agree to certain stipulations and agreements, and one party does not adhere to said stipulations and agreements and thus breaks said contract, does it not render it null and void and subject to dissolution? Thereby freeing up both parties, especially the injured party, to then enter into a new contract with a different party wherein they could perhaps have a better chance of having said stipulations and agreements met?

Or let's try this another way. If you define a marriage as a certain way, and that way includes adhering to said vows proclaimed during the marriage ceremony, and one person does not adhere to said vows, does the marriage truly exist? If the person did not intend on keeping said vows in the first place then they were they said in vain. Did they actually complete said ritual honestly and actually marry? I contend that anyone that cheats, abuses their spouse in any way, or neglects their spouse, did not hold up their intended bargain of marriage in the first place. The marriage didn't truly exist for them so it did not actually exist in any way except on paper, and that can be easily enough rectified. No victim of abuse should be punished for the dishonesty of and abuse by their spouse, and I can't imagine a loving or just god that wouldn't agree.

Meshak

Or let's try this another way. If you define a marriage as a certain way, and that way includes adhering to said vows proclaimed during the marriage ceremony, and one person does not adhere to said vows, does the marriage truly exist? If the person did not intend on keeping said vows in the first place then they were they said in vain. Did they actually complete said ritual honestly and actually marry? I contend that anyone that cheats, abuses their spouse in any way, or neglects their spouse, did not hold up their intended bargain of marriage in the first place. The marriage didn't truly exist for them so it did not actually exist in any way except on paper, and that can be easily enough rectified. No victim of abuse should be punished for the dishonesty of and abuse by their spouse, and I can't imagine a loving or just god that wouldn't agree.

Faithful Christians go by Jesus' standards for everything, even marriage and remarriage.

We are disobedient to do it otherwise. And His standards are not for non-believers.

homosexuality-cyanide-and-happiness-jesus-judging.png

"And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong.

The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the home-born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt: I am Jehovah your God.
"

-- Leviticus 19:33-34, (American Standard Version)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And His standards are not for non-believers.

Oh this is rich! :rolleyes:

There are Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and even atheists who uphold Jesus's morals better than many bible-thumping and "Look, I am saved!" Christians do.

This topic has gone past Ridiculous Speed and hit Ludicrous Speed. But I'm a masochist, so I stay.

Meshak

Oh this is rich! :rolleyes:

There are Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and even atheists who uphold Jesus's morals better than many bible-thumping and "Look, I am saved!" Christians do.

This topic has gone past Ridiculous Speed and hit Ludicrous Speed. But I'm a masochist, so I stay.

I am a Christian and I will never say "I am saved" because it is Jesus who judges me, not anyone else.

"I am saved" believers are all trinity believers and I am a non-trin.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?
I see no reason to not accept a natural variance of sexuality.

There's nothing about it I could see to possibly disagree with. I want them to do what is best for them and best for their partners.

In fact I'd say that it would be either unloving or irrational to take issue against homosexuals so I can't imagine doing it.

ArcNinja

"Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery." (Mark 10:11)

“When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.” (Deuteronomy 24:1-2)

An obvious contradiction. Have you even read the bible, Meshak, or are you just pulling this stuff out of your ***?

ArcNinja

Chastity and homosexuality

I LOL'd at this. Let me dispatch it quickly.

Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

"They are contrary to the natural law" has been disproved time and time again. Hundreds of animals species have homosexual sex. It is natural. "They close the sexual act to the gift of life," as does a marriage between heterosexuals who are incapable of producing children. I fail to see the point here. "They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity." How do they not?

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Homosexuality is a "trial" that can never be overcome. It is something that the majority of homosexuals are born with. How is that in any way "a trial?" I obviously agree with the second part.

Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Why are homosexuals singled out like this? Why must they live an unhappy life of chastity simply because they were born a certain way? This is ridiculous, and one of the many reasons I find Christianity to be utterly ridiculous and inhumane.

"Homosex" is fine. Agree with people doing it, but I do not practise it because I am straight.

Prohibited in religion? Not in my beliefs. Even if it was, I don't care. Homosexuality is not something you can choose. Can't choose to be straight or gay. I think God made them that way. Who am I to question God?
Tell me Odion, why do you say, that being a soldier is noble? If you have had sex, you can say for sure, that sex with anyone is good? I mean, killing in America is good, because the police would be unemployed? You know, I cannot say whether sex is good or bad. I don't have an idea. In India, men are being vilified because they are having sex with family, perhaps in unpleasant circumstances. Perhaps, these men see everyone having family, and no one regarding other peoples family as they do their own. Hence, they behave with their own families in a manner. Is it business or work, either of the individual, community or society, to 'correct' wrongs? It seems, economic problems cannot be appreciated, if social issues are also non-concurrent. Why not ask people, to regard homosexuals, in a manner, where the Republican or Democrat will not feel disadvantaged, because the other has political power, when everyone is supposed to have voted as one, after the election result? Every one of us, is equally homosexual, and heterosexual. Our great social service sector, say that you are born in a certain manner. It seems the police are in business, because murderers are seen in the same light.
I really think marriage is a good and noble institution. How do people project sex, and can you see yourself respecting the institution of marriage? What if a person says, you are married, you really respect the person you have sex with, and you disregard me? You will want to make my wife, 'happy' by marrying her, even if you perceive her unhappiness, when she isn't? I don't want to get married, feeling decidedly heterosexual, because people might feel bad I am married. I can respect people who are homosexual, and then, how do people like you, just because you will notice a rainbow, when I don't see anything normally, because there will be no disagreement or argument, say anything you feel will stop it, when anyone can say anything at anytime? You will I presume use violence, when you will. If everyone starts to question you, what will you do, become a serial shooter, or serial bomber? You, who will hit another person, if the nobleness of your sexuality is questioned, will actually empathise with a homosexual? Why don't you try being one?
Rape is actually abhorred, because people who see a person being raped, see that the act is a trauma, organically, and the rapist sees this, and then physically injures the person. If a person sees a certain effect of his existence on another, even sexually, he doesn't agree with the other perception. Why are you telling the world, that sex is good, when everyone is having sex? I mean, I am afraid, that when I don't want to have sex, you want to convince me, that any sex, is good.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Worldly is what society required of you.
If you think that, then you're bound to run into problems; society is variable: if you live in a fundamentalist Christian area, you're going to be expected to go to church, etc. Is that worldly?

If you live near me, you're expected to get drunk, high, wear tracksuits, and fight people outside chip shops while holding a kebab. I don't do any of these, does this make me unworldly?

Jesus' teachings are for His followers, not for non-believers.
But this teaching wasn't even taken by his disciples.

Jesus wants His followers to live self controlled moral standard which He sets for His followers. I will follow His standards.:)[/QUOTE]
There is a difference between self-controlled moral standards and living in a life of misery. If I'm honest, you don't sound happy this way. Do you think God would want this?