• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
In reply to a few posts , I believe the species were created seperately but may have looked and been geneticaly different.

Maybe if I used the hypothetical situation of the Australian aborigne continuing to be isolated for many years rather than mixing with the general population of the planet and maybe eventually becoming unable to bare children with someone from the outside world...now lets say for argument that the nummber of aborigines was equal to the population of the other land masses, who would be the "new" /or "sub-species" and who would keep the sapien label, how would it be decided? or would we develope two new labels? , personaly if this happened in reality I do not think we would classify each other as something else, therefore our way of classifying earlier humans would change wouldnt it? Due to the judging by genetic differences or and non breeding between the populations, the yardstick of the hypothetical present day would be the genetic difference between Aborigine and non-aborigine

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
My response is this: The whole story of Genesis is a myth. Adam and Eve are mythological characters. They didn't really exist. At most you can take them as allegorical symbols.

Humans did not just "appear". They were not formed out of dirt by "god". If anything, we can be traced to the beginnings of life in water. We were not formed as clay. No mold, no shaping, no placing in any garden.

And wicca is ...what again?
Wicca appears more mythical than the Genesis acount and nothing more than man worshipping images of wood, stone, nature, but hey, to each is own.

I'm impressed that you can make such absolute statements concerning the beginnings of man,is this a wicca gift you possess.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
Draka...I think the Vedas claim that the earth began covered with water , and the species were created seperately, so if the creation of the species was during the water covering , then we would have looked very different I presume.

Ditcher161

I'm sorry if it appears that way, but we just learned a lot about this in school, and all of that is from our textbooks. And the fact that the story of Adam & Eve was disproved in 1992 is from my family's Catholic priest.

You must be very careful with textbooks today. They are full of bias things that have dont really prove anything. But what kind of things did they teach you that you were talking about?

Draka

Wonder Woman
And wicca is ...what again?
Wicca appears more mythical than the Genesis acount and nothing more than man worshipping images of wood, stone, nature, but hey, to each is own.

I'm impressed that you can make such absolute statements concerning the beginnings of man,is this a wicca gift you possess.

Wicca, like Christianity, has certain mythologies from which it takes its basis for belief. I wouldn't say Wicca is any more mythical than Christianity as all religions have myths upon which they are based. Myths aren't a bad thing nor does the word "myth" necessarily mean "false" either, but it usually does not mean "literal" at all. Wicca is not worshipping images of anything either no matter what it may "appear" to you. That just means you really don't know that much about it, but that's ok, I don't expect you to know the depths of my religion so you are forgiven in that.

As for my statements concerning the beginnings of man, I don't think I would classify it as a "Wicca gift" I possess. I would say I used the intelligence I was provided with thanks to the remarkable evolution of the human brain. I don't think it's really that impressive to make an absolute statement that we weren't just blinked into existence as fully formed humans. That's not impressive...that's common sense and rational logic. To believe otherwise is to go against reality.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What!!! Adam and Eve werent litteral!!!

Great!!! I can stop forcing myslef to eat apples!! and relieve myself from my fig leaf!! LOL!!

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

J-Train

Man appearing on earth was all by chance.
And this is not the only planet with life on it. Thats an impossibility.

chaffdog

Man appearing on earth was all by chance.
And this is not the only planet with life on it. Thats an impossibility.

Not an impossibility, but an incredibly unlikely state of the universe. When it is based on the probability of another life-supporting planet existing, it cannot be impossible. The universe is not infinite.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
otherwise known as "oops" and "poof." Sounds like miracles to me.

:tribal:
I would have to agree with you on this one.

But I hope that people reading this thread realize that whatever it is that Eddy Daze is talking about represents his personal beliefs. He is entitled to his beliefs and to be honest I can’t say I really understand what he is talking about. But one thing should be clear, it is not the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution is about natural processes, not about chance.

camanintx

I was trying to join up the theory and connect it to abiogenesis, which , in theory, needs to be done
Abiogensis is no more about randomness and chance that evolution is. Molecules don't combine together to form amino acids and nucleotides by pure chance, it involves natural chemical processes that we are still learning about.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Nope, most of those chemicals are found in "the wild".
Amino acids are very common throughout the universe for example.

wa:do