• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your faith rationalize god allowing the existence of evil, death, and suffering?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Although not Paul, if I may take the liberty to reply.
1) We were created to eat, including fruit from fruit trees.
2) Eve was Not created to entice Adam. Eve was deceived by Satan - 1 Timothy 2:14 - Eve was created to be a helper to Adam - Genesis 2:18
3) The forbidden tree stood for the Law. Out of all the trees on Earth only one tree belonged to God. By saying do Not eat from His tree was as if God put up a no trespassing sign on it.

Mate. You maybe absolutely right.

I was just showing double standards in questioning. If one questions "Did God create Adam to die" you should also question "Did God create Adam to eat of that tree". Did God create that tree to be eaten by Adam for him to die? If God didnt want Adam to die at all why in the world did he create that tree?

Questioning is okay, but not bias questioning.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes, Adam was created from the earth. And Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
Both the angels and humans are created as ' mortals '. The immortal can Not die. They are death proof.
Adam was told he could live forever just as long as he did Not break God's Law.
Mortal Adam died because he deliberately chose to break God's Law.
So, perfect sinless humankind would Not die due to accidents, etc. but only because of breaking God's Law.
Jesus will undo all the damage father Adam brought upon us because there will be healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2
Please also notice the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for the healing of earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed - Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18
Blessed with the benefits of healing, and No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24 - and enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26
Death being brought to nothing means: No one will die ever again, and those on Earth will have ' everlasting life ' (Not immortal life) on Earth forever and ever.

I really appreciate your response, especially your effort, quite truthful and with references which has certain logic. I will respond if you command me mate.

Just want to say that my response was purely based on the Quran. Not the bible. So, its a very big difference.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
That's the problem
1. Either god created everything good and intended us to live a good eyernal life, but we chose a different course and we die because of our own sin.
2. The concept that we have to face is Adam died. Why? This is such an important question to me since god is a god of love. If god created us with the intention of being tested with evil and created us to die, I want nothing to do with that. That does not reflect a god of love.
1. is irrelevant .. clearly we all die

Yes, human beings die. What has that got to do with love? Our souls don't die..
OK .. have 'nothing to do with that' .. but why should you judge that Almighty God doesn't love human beings because they die? It's nonsense to me!

anonymous9887

bible reader

OK .. have 'nothing to do with that' .. but why should you judge that Almighty God doesn't love human beings because they die? It's nonsense to me!
Exactly me point clearly we all die.
That's all that needs to be said.
All I'm saying is I can't serve a god whose initial intentions was for us to be tested with evil and suffering and creating us to die, because I don't care what you say everybody mourns their loved ones. It's illogical for a loving father to do that.

anonymous9887

bible reader

So anyways thanks for your responses it is really appreciated.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Mate. You maybe absolutely right.

I was just showing double standards in questioning. If one questions "Did God create Adam to die" you should also question "Did God create Adam to eat of that tree". Did God create that tree to be eaten by Adam for him to die? If God didnt want Adam to die at all why in the world did he create that tree?

Questioning is okay, but not bias questioning.
Thanks for your answers

Agondonter

This is a question for everyone who has a god including myself have to answer.
Why does your god or gods allow evil, suffering, and death?
Did this originate with gods initial plan?
Did god just create us and abandon us?
If our god(or gods)is good why are all these evil things still happening?
We can all criticize our texts and spit on other people's faith but does your own religion answer this difficult question?

The reasoning behind these questions Is basically being comfortable with these responses.
God created us to die?
God created us to test us?
God created us to suffer?

none of the sound plausible to me. These do not sound like a good god to me.

Please Explain your faith.
I try not to anthropomorphize God.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Okay the belief i have which is truth is that the Bible was a book for a particular time period and particular group of people. The Old Testament and then New Testament later on.

Qur'an is the last Testament for the whole of humanity. Superior to the Bible.

The way the beliefs have been changed is by churches and people with spreading the wrong message.

The actual truth was Islam and the Qur'an is the final testament or better known as a final revelation for mankind.

:)

anonymous9887

bible reader
Okay the belief i have which is truth is that the Bible was a book for a particular time period and particular group of people. The Old Testament and then New Testament later on.

The way the beliefs have been changed is by churches and people with spreading the wrong message.

The actual truth was Islam and the Qur'an is the final testament or better known as a final revelation for mankind.

Ok. What do you want me to do with that? That is your statement and opinion. Ok

anonymous9887

bible reader

What is the right message?

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Ok. What do you want me to do with that? That is your statement and opinion. Ok

Jesus was a Muslim and spread the message as a Prophet just as Muhammad S.A.W.

I have proof from the Bible itself to prove it. The right message is Islam.