• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your faith rationalize god allowing the existence of evil, death, and suffering?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Haha, okay.

Are you implying i will get autism?

Besides, i am 6 feet in height and have full grown beard

:)
Height and having a beard don't mean nothing.
You are born with autism.

Hardships. You are bearly starting you life, you still have a while to go.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Height and having a beard don't mean nothing.
You are born with autism.

Hardships. You are bearly starting you life, you still have a while to go.

I know, but being a teen does not really mean all that much.

I have matured and experienced a lot.

Anyhow, i know i have a while to go to preach the truth, Islam.

Except on the path there will be ignorant things being said by people.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Its my utmost honour to meet you my friend.

I said Brother, Thank you very much. ;)

Learning Arabic - Depends how deep you wish to learn bro. Basic Arabic you can learn online. Spoken, modern Arabic. If you wish to seriously learn classical Arabic, the Quranic Arabic etc let me know, I can guide you to.

Do your work mate. Youre gonna be great one day. You have that aptitude and attitude. Dont be held down by modernists or extremists. Be bound to the Quran, in its own language. Thats just a thought.

Peace.
What was the purpose of god putting Adam and eve in the garden?
What is the difference between the garden and earth?
Where was the garden located?

firedragon

Veteran Member

You quote the weirdest posts of mine to ask a completely weird question. But now I understand why.

Nevertheless, Adam and Eve were never in a garden. It was Jannah, or heaven.

Kelly of the Phoenix

We can be like Prophets but not as great probably. We will have to become really good.
Numbers don't make one great, though. If God inspires you to help even one life, you did a great thing. :)

Paul Chavez
With all due respect I probably will never be muslim. I will tell you why.
1. For one my son is autistic and he struggles so much. I feel so bad for him and his struggles, and it is hard on me too, but mostly seeing him suffer I cannot bear.
2. Let's suppose for a second it's my fault that my son is autistic, god is testing me. Fine do everything you want to me I will die and go to hell now. But why a baby muslim (according to your theology) have to pay my error because God tested me.
3. If there is a reason for that during the pregnancy I know of no reason.
4. Please tell me why he is autistic?
I recommend reading Neurotribes by Steve Silberman. It shows the history of autism in the medical profession (WARNING: rife with racism, ignorance, and con artists) and recommends we admit there are more ways to think about things than just Neurotypicals. I am most likely on the spectrum but never diagnosed and my boyfriend lives in a group home with autism and cerebral palsy.
1. Don't lose hope. If he's nonverbal, there are now plenty of communication options for him, like iPad apps and such. If you find the right communication tools, a lot of the tantrums should reduce, as most of the time it is just frustration from not being able to communicate wants. Even basic made-up sign language is more helpful than just insisting he speak.
2. It's not anyone's fault. I suspect it's a mix of environmental and genetic issues at play, with each individual susceptible to varying degrees. No one makes anyone autistic, though heredity does seem to pop up on the radar (kids with poor socialization abilities and hyperfixations on certain topics tend to come from parents with the same issues).
3. Life is weird, sometimes.
4. Could be a host of different reasons. What matters is not what caused it, but what we can do about it. If you are on Facebook, I recommend looking for neurodiversity groups (definitely avoid Autism Speaks, as they are con artists with a dark desire to "cure" [read: eradicate] people on the spectrum because they/we don't measure up to their ideas of perfection). I think it would definitely help to speak to actual autistic people, people who've grown through it.

Yes, i am blessed to not be autistic as i would say the same to you.
Not all of us bang our heads against the walls and mumble and wet ourselves and such. :p

Besides, i am 6 feet in height and have full grown beard
Struck me as a lot older :)

Dunno if these links will work, but...
Neurodiversity Book Club on FB (I think this must be a closed group and requires someone to give you access)

AutismHWY on FB

Paul Chavez, I know we haven't always agreed on everything (understatement), but now that I know about some of the things you're going through, huggles!

Last edited:

Jabar

Numbers don't make one great, though. If God inspires you to help even one life, you did a great thing. :)

Paul Chavez

I recommend reading Neurotribes by Steve Silberman. It shows the history of autism in the medical profession (WARNING: rife with racism, ignorance, and con artists) and recommends we admit there are more ways to think about things than just Neurotypicals. I am most likely on the spectrum but never diagnosed and my boyfriend lives in a group home with autism and cerebral palsy.
1. Don't lose hope. If he's nonverbal, there are now plenty of communication options for him, like iPad apps and such. If you find the right communication tools, a lot of the tantrums should reduce, as most of the time it is just frustration from not being able to communicate wants. Even basic made-up sign language is more helpful than just insisting he speak.
2. It's not anyone's fault. I suspect it's a mix of environmental and genetic issues at play, with each individual susceptible to varying degrees. No one makes anyone autistic, though heredity does seem to pop up on the radar (kids with poor socialization abilities and hyperfixations on certain topics tend to come from parents with the same issues).
4. Could be a host of different reasons. What matters is not what caused it, but what we can do about it. If you are on Facebook, I recommend looking for neurodiversity groups (definitely avoid Autism Speaks, as they are con artists with a dark desire to "cure" [read: eradicate] people on the spectrum because they/we don't measure up to their ideas of perfection). I think it would definitely help to speak to actual autistic people, people who've grown through it.

Not all of us bang our heads against the walls and mumble and wet ourselves and such. :p

Neurodiversity Book Club on FB (I think this must be a closed group and requires someone to give you access)

AutismHWY on FB

I see your point however Allah made Muhammad the seal of Prophets, there can be no other Prophets when God himself said he is the last.

anonymous9887

bible reader

Paul Chavez

AutismHWY on FB

Paul Chavez, I know we haven't always agreed on everything (understatement), but now that I know about some of the things you're going through, huggles!
Well this is why I really took it personal that the god of the Qur'an deliberately tests us in that manner. It doesn't seem very just or loving.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Is it a Test, Sin, Inherited Sin or Providence?

Why does a child die in a landslide? What kind of test is that? How did he sin? Who cares what the parents did? Or what the forefathers did? This child is innocent.

Happened Yesterday.

Attachments

• 13240505_928611527251592_2352534121575774703_n.jpg
    13240505_928611527251592_2352534121575774703_n.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 76

firedragon

Veteran Member

Why does a child die in a landslide? What kind of test is that? How did he sin? Who cares what the parents did? Or what the forefathers did? This child is innocent.

Happened Yesterday.

Attachments

• 13240505_928611527251592_2352534121575774703_n.gif
    13240505_928611527251592_2352534121575774703_n.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 62

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
All I'm saying is I can't serve a god whose initial intentions was for us to be tested with evil and suffering and creating us to die, because I don't care what you say everybody mourns their loved ones. It's illogical for a loving father to do that.
Are you crazy?
The 'loving father' we know as Almighty God gives life and takes life. When we leave this world, we return to God! What has God got to 'mourn' about?
You are the one who is illogical

anonymous9887

bible reader

Happened Yesterday.
First off there are different classifications.
1. Could be inherited sin
2. The Natural disasters can be attributed to the way we treat the earth, or Satan
3. Or our imperfect minds make huge mistakes because we don't have the perfect capacity anymore.

There is a variety of reasons, but imperfection is real.

Jabar

Are you crazy?
The 'loving father' we know as Almighty God gives life and takes life. When we leave this world, we return to God! What has God got to 'mourn' about?
You are the one who is illogical

He believes Death is all a curse.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
So you would give your son a disability to test him?
You mean 'beat him up'? I hope not..

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Almighty God wishes bad for us .. He doesn't .. the bad that comes to us is from ourselves eg. war, supersonic planes and trains

The times we live in are particularly testing .. nobody likes suffering, but without it, I wonder how many of us would actually remember Almighty God at all!?

Jabar

Speaking of testing, you are being tested right now.

firedragon

Veteran Member
First off there are different classifications.
1. Could be inherited sin
2. The Natural disasters can be attributed to the way we treat the earth, or Satan
3. Or our imperfect minds make huge mistakes because we don't have the perfect capacity anymore.

There is a variety of reasons, but imperfection is real.

Is it one of those reasons or all 3?