• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your faith rationalize god allowing the existence of evil, death, and suffering?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I meant there is no scriptural basis for the below statement of yours.

"Father Adam could No longer pass down to us his original perfectly healthy human genes.
So, even good healthy parents can have a child with a defect just due to inherited imperfection from father Adam."

There is no proof that Adam was perfect and due to his sin his future generations did not inherit his perfect genes etc. Adam living 930 years as you say is not enough proof.

And if perfect Genes were not passed down due to Adams sin, then Adam should live the longest. Logical.

Metuselah lived longer.

Altogether, Methuselah lived a total of 969 years, and then he died. - Genesis 5:27.

Why stop there? Noah lived 950 years. Enochs dad lived 962 years. These are all in any bible you read.

And if you believe in Enoch, then he was perfect. What happened to original sin?

Thus according to your logic Metuselah has better Genes than Adam. Did he eve die? or was he taken to heaven? Thus he did not inherit original sin. Oh, some people dont believe in some parts of the bible. Wasnt Enoch the one who walked with God.

Well, nevertheless, 3 or 4 people had better genes than Adam. I cant see either scriptural basis or logical reasoning for your theory that Adam sinned and we all inherited his sins along with the misfortune of not inheriting his most perfect genes.
The point is they died.
You can call it better genes and what not, but they were still in the same range.
As a matter of fact what was the purpose of Adam being in paradise. Why did adam get kicked out according to the Qur'an?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Where does Scripture say Enoch was perfect - Romans 5:12
Many ' walked ' with God, or were a friend of God, because they did God's will.
No one who died before Jesus died went to heaven - John 3:13 - including King David - Acts of the Apostles 2:34 - they are still asleep in death's sleep.
The age at death has nothing to do about when a person will die. According to Scripture No sinner would live past 1,000 years of age.- aka Methuselah.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The point is they died.
You can call it better genes and what not, but they were still in the same range.
As a matter of fact what was the purpose of Adam being in paradise. Why did adam get kicked out according to the Qur'an?

That was not the point. Paul, no one likes mincing words and changing goalposts. The post I replied to said that Adam had perfect genes. He lived 930 years and he could not pass on his perfect genes to us because he sinned.

BTW, the Quran does not propose original sin.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Where does Scripture say Enoch was perfect - Romans 5:12
Many ' walked ' with God, or were a friend of God, because they did God's will.
No one who died before Jesus died went to heaven - John 3:13 - including King David - Acts of the Apostles 2:34 - they are still asleep in death's sleep.
The age at death has nothing to do about when a person will die. According to Scripture No sinner would live past 1,000 years of age.- aka Methuselah.

Yep. But you said Adam had perfect genes and that he lived 930 years. The point is then Metuselah, Nuh and Jared are all better than him. Now you talk of some other thing.

I know walking with God for 300 years is not a physical walking like a walk in the park with your better-half. But the fact remains that in that case he has not inherited sin from Adam. Double standards? No, there is no double standards, its just that, there is no original sin. Paul in subtle and not subtle ways contradicts other teachings in the bible. Thus you quoted Romans 5:12.

Enoch and Elijah both were taken by God. Is that because they had Original sin running through their veins? Thus they didnt need Jesus to die on the cross for redemption form original sin.

Just read 1st John.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared
so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Jesus does not have to die for redemption.

Read book of Enoch

But for the righteous: He will make peace, and He will keep safe the Chosen, and mercy will be upon them. They will all belong to God, and will prosper and be blessed, and the light of God will shine on them.

Some early writings like Gospel of Peter speaks a quite funny language about Jesus rescuing us from Hades. Hades the Greek God. Thats the kind of source that instilled this redemption mentality in us, Jesus dying to rescue us etc. Where is a Greek God in Christianity? Of course these are dubious documents right?

Well, Hades is mentioned in the current new testament as well, though the translators has done a good job covering it up.

Hades is Hadou in Greek. Mentioned in Matthew 11:23. "And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths." (TNIV). Conveniently translated Hades as depths. It should read down to Hades.

Read Matthew 16:18. It should be gates of Hades, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of death will not overcome it." (TNIV). Very conveniently, maliciously Hades has been translated as "death". Once its depths, now its death. Hades was a powerful guardian of the denizens of the deep. The bible writer quoted it.

Read Peter.

But when we have understood how each of the sins through which there is a way to Hades is a gate of Hades, we shall apprehend that the soul, which has “spot or wrinkle or any such thing,” and because of wickedness is neither holy nor blameless, is neither a rock upon which Christ builds, nor a church, nor part of a church which Christ builds upon the rock. But if any one wishes to put us to shame in regard to these things because of the great majority of those of the church who are thought to believe, it must be said to him not only “Many are called, but few chosen;” but also that which was said by the Saviour to those who come to Him, as it is recorded in Luke in these words, “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in through the narrow door and shall not be able;” and also that which is written in the Gospel of Matthew thus, “For narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth unto life, and few be they that find it.” Now, if you attend to the saying, “Many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in and shall not be able,” you will understand that this refers to those who boast that they are of the church, but live weakly and contrary to the word. Of those, then, who seek to enter in, those who are not able to enter will not be able to do so, because the gates of Hades prevail against them; but in the case of those against whom the gates of Hades will not prevail, those seeking to enter in will be strong, being able to do all things, in Christ Jesus, who strengtheneth them. And in like manner each one of those who are the authors of any evil opinion has become the architect of a certain gate of Hades; but those who co-operate with the teaching of the architect of such things are servants and stewards, who are the bond-servants of the evil doctrine which goes to build up impiety. And though the gates of Hades are many and almost innumerable, no gate of Hades will prevail against the rock or against the church which Christ builds upon it. Notwithstanding, these gates have a certain power by which they gain the mastery over some who do not resist and strive against them; but they are overcome by others who, because they do not turn aside from Him who said, “I am the door,” have raised from their soul all the gates of Hades. And this also we must know that as the gates of cities have each their own names, in the same way the gates of Hades might be named after the species of sins; so that one gate of Hades is called “fornication,” through which fornicators go, and another “denial,” through which the deniers of God go down into Hades. And likewise already each of the heterodox and of those who have begotten any “knowledge which is falsely so called,”5643 has built a gate of Hades—Marcion one gate, and Basilides another, and Valentinus another.

Hades, Hades, Hades. Left as it is. But Gates of Hades in Matthew has been intentionally misrepresented to put wool upon your eyes. Its a theological havoc.

The concept of Original sin was born after Jesus. If it existed since Adam, there would have been mentions of it in the bible. In fact, there would have been well written explanations of it in the OT. But none. Thats because it is a concept born much later, after Jesus.

It is very well known to any bible scholar that it was Iraneus who developed the official concept of Original sin. I mean not evangelists, scholars. I dont want to goo into how evolved after that but look at this now, Adams lived 930 years due to superior genes, but no answer to Noah and Metuselah who lived longer than Adam. No answer.

If even the bible which I believe has many faults wanted the people to believe in original sin, they would have inserted ancestral inheritance of sin as one of Adams curses. No doubt.

Peace.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Universal consciousness is the underlying principle under whom energy works.
It could be, but not the Abrahamic deities but it's more of a principle.
Universal consciousness is Swyambhu. It is self created, no one creates it.
Time is a construct of the universe. Universal consciousness is beyond space n time n is UNBORN, IMMUTABLE, EVER EXISTING, PRIMEVAL AND INDESTRUCTIBLE.
If one has a common sense, a 6 year old can figure this out.
On the other hand, if he's a religious nut job that can't understand the most simple notions of human psychology, then in a million years, he can see nothing but the pages from a 2000 year old book.
In your mind being that Jews, christians, and muslims won't change their views, how do you think God should deal with us to bring peace to the earth since we won't change our ways?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Yep. But you said Adam had perfect genes and that he lived 930 years. The point is then Metuselah, Nuh and Jared are all better than him. Now you talk of some other thing.

I know walking with God for 300 years is not a physical walking like a walk in the park with your better-half. But the fact remains that in that case he has not inherited sin from Adam. Double standards? No, there is no double standards, its just that, there is no original sin. Paul in subtle and not subtle ways contradicts other teachings in the bible. Thus you quoted Romans 5:12.

Enoch and Elijah both were taken by God. Is that because they had Original sin running through their veins? Thus they didnt need Jesus to die on the cross for redemption form original sin.

Just read 1st John.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. But you know that he appeared
so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

Read book of Enoch

But for the righteous: He will make peace, and He will keep safe the Chosen, and mercy will be upon them. They will all belong to God, and will prosper and be blessed, and the light of God will shine on them.

Some early writings like Gospel of Peter speaks a quite funny language about Jesus rescuing us from Hades. Hades the Greek God. Thats the kind of source that instilled this redemption mentality in us, Jesus dying to rescue us etc. Where is a Greek God in Christianity? Of course these are dubious documents right?

Well, Hades is mentioned in the current new testament as well, though the translators has done a good job covering it up.

Hades is Hadou in Greek. Mentioned in Matthew 11:23. "And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths." (TNIV). Conveniently translated Hades as depths. It should read down to Hades.

Read Matthew 16:18. It should be gates of Hades, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of death will not overcome it." (TNIV). Very conveniently, maliciously Hades has been translated as "death". Once its depths, now its death. Hades was a powerful guardian of the denizens of the deep. The bible writer quoted it.

Read Peter.

But when we have understood how each of the sins through which there is a way to Hades is a gate of Hades, we shall apprehend that the soul, which has “spot or wrinkle or any such thing,” and because of wickedness is neither holy nor blameless, is neither a rock upon which Christ builds, nor a church, nor part of a church which Christ builds upon the rock. But if any one wishes to put us to shame in regard to these things because of the great majority of those of the church who are thought to believe, it must be said to him not only “Many are called, but few chosen;” but also that which was said by the Saviour to those who come to Him, as it is recorded in Luke in these words, “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in through the narrow door and shall not be able;” and also that which is written in the Gospel of Matthew thus, “For narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth unto life, and few be they that find it.” Now, if you attend to the saying, “Many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in and shall not be able,” you will understand that this refers to those who boast that they are of the church, but live weakly and contrary to the word. Of those, then, who seek to enter in, those who are not able to enter will not be able to do so, because the gates of Hades prevail against them; but in the case of those against whom the gates of Hades will not prevail, those seeking to enter in will be strong, being able to do all things, in Christ Jesus, who strengtheneth them. And in like manner each one of those who are the authors of any evil opinion has become the architect of a certain gate of Hades; but those who co-operate with the teaching of the architect of such things are servants and stewards, who are the bond-servants of the evil doctrine which goes to build up impiety. And though the gates of Hades are many and almost innumerable, no gate of Hades will prevail against the rock or against the church which Christ builds upon it. Notwithstanding, these gates have a certain power by which they gain the mastery over some who do not resist and strive against them; but they are overcome by others who, because they do not turn aside from Him who said, “I am the door,” have raised from their soul all the gates of Hades. And this also we must know that as the gates of cities have each their own names, in the same way the gates of Hades might be named after the species of sins; so that one gate of Hades is called “fornication,” through which fornicators go, and another “denial,” through which the deniers of God go down into Hades. And likewise already each of the heterodox and of those who have begotten any “knowledge which is falsely so called,”5643 has built a gate of Hades—Marcion one gate, and Basilides another, and Valentinus another.

Hades, Hades, Hades. Left as it is. But Gates of Hades in Matthew has been intentionally misrepresented to put wool upon your eyes. Its a theological havoc.

The concept of Original sin was born after Jesus. If it existed since Adam, there would have been mentions of it in the bible. In fact, there would have been well written explanations of it in the OT. But none. Thats because it is a concept born much later, after Jesus.

It is very well known to any bible scholar that it was Iraneus who developed the official concept of Original sin. I mean not evangelists, scholars. I dont want to goo into how evolved after that but look at this now, Adams lived 930 years due to superior genes, but no answer to Noah and Metuselah who lived longer than Adam. No answer.

If even the bible which I believe has many faults wanted the people to believe in original sin, they would have inserted ancestral inheritance of sin as one of Adams curses. No doubt.

Peace.
Yes, because they inherited death. Had adam not sinned they would have remained living but they didn't they died.
So god created us to die?

anonymous9887

bible reader

Just read 1st John.

Read book of Enoch

Read Peter.

Peace.
Why do we die?
If your god created us to die, what kind of a father is that?
I am a father myself, and when my son suffers bad and is hurting I hurt, so how can you set up your son to hurt if you are a loving god?

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
In your mind being that Jews, christians, and muslims won't change their views, how do you think God should deal with us to bring peace to the earth since we won't change our ways?

You really need to read basic English texts man.
I've repeated the same thing over a million times now. Being without defense, you could just admit but instead putting up the exact same question again n again.
1. THERE'S NO SIN, SUFFERING, DEATH OR PAIN. THESE ARE ONLY FOR THE BODY AND THE SENSES, NOT A COSMIC LAW OR EVENT.
2. THE SOUL DOESNT DIE NOR IS HE CREATED. THE SOUL CANNOT BE BURNT, MOISTENED, WITHERED OR SCARED. THE SOUL IS A PART OF BRAHMAN THAT IS THE UNDERLYING PRINCIPLE OF ALL CAUSE AND EFFECT, but DOESNT INTERACT WITH THE WORLD, EXCEPT AT THE END OF AN AGE BRINGING RESTART OF DHARMA.
3. THOSE WHO DO NOT CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND ARE STUBBORN ARE DESTROYED AND ARE REBORN WITHIN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM OR MUCH LOWER SPECIES.

Last edited:

Subhankar Zac

Why do we die?
I am a father myself, and when my son suffers bad and is hurting I hurt, so how can you set up your son to hurt if you are a loving god?

What kind of God makes two opposite genders, asks them not to eat from a tree that he deliberately puts right infront of them.
He either Let's the devil in or clearly is not omnipresent and has poor eye sight.
Then after that punishes the couple with death?

What kind of a twisted lunatics is he?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Why do we die?

I don't understand .. this life is relatively short compared with eternity, so why is physical death bad?

Regards 'the problem of evil', this world is what it is .. nobody complains about things when they have their health, good salary and are enjoying themselves. This life is a test in many ways .. if it's too easy we can become spiritually blind, and only think about our enjoyment. On the contrary, nobody likes to have it TOO hard, but this is often due to oppression from society or others. Imagine if there was only a few people on this earth .. wouldn't life be very different!? :)

anonymous9887

bible reader
You really need to read basic English texts man.
I've repeated the same thing over a million times now. Being without defense, you could just admit but instead putting up the exact same question again n again.
1. THERE'S NO SIN, SUFFERING, DEATH OR PAIN. THESE ARE ONLY FOR THE BODY AND THE SENSES, NOT A COSMIC LAW OR EVENT.
2. THE SOUL DOESNT DIE NOR IS HE CREATED. THE SOUL CANNOT BE BURNT, MOISTENED, WITHERED OR SCARED. THE SOUL IS A PART OF BRAHMAN THAT IS THE UNDERLYING PRINCIPLE OF ALL CAUSE AND EFFECT, but DOESNT INTERACT WITH THE WORLD, EXCEPT AT THE END OF AN AGE BRINGING RESTART OF DHARMA.
3. THOSE WHO DO NOT CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND ARE STUBBORN ARE DESTROYED AND ARE REBORN WITHIN THE ANIMAL KINGDOM OR MUCH LOWER SPECIES.
That is not the question. If there is a god.

And who gets to decide who is stubborn and who is not?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I don't understand .. this life is relatively short compared with eternity, so why is physical death bad?

Regards 'the problem of evil', this world is what it is .. nobody complains about things when they have their health, good salary and are enjoying themselves. This life is a test in many ways .. if it's too easy we can become spiritually blind, and only think about our enjoyment. On the contrary, nobody likes to have it TOO hard, but this is often due to oppression from society or others. Imagine if there was only a few people on this earth .. wouldn't life be very different!? :)
That's not the question. So did god create us to die?

Subhankar Zac

That is not the question. If there is a god.

And who gets to decide who is stubborn and who is not?

A living being who has attained divine consciousness, has awakened from this illusion of material universe and can see the reality beyond the senses though still in the body, gets to give moral judgments. That living being is as close to God as we'll ever get.
Like the Buddha, who being a human woke up to see the reality of everything and gained peace. Such a man can decide what is right n what isn't.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Where is it said in the bible that if Adam didnt sin, no one would have died?
Well Adam had choices to make.
And pretty much this is the theme of the bible is who is telling the truth god or satan?
1. Genesis 2:17 in the day that you eat you will surely die.
2. Satan then says in genesis 3:4 you certainly will not die. He challenged god, and called him a liar.
3. Genesis 3:22 the tree of life and live forever.

anonymous9887

bible reader
What kind of God makes two opposite genders, asks them not to eat from a tree that he deliberately puts right infront of them.
He either Let's the devil in or clearly is not omnipresent and has poor eye sight.
Then after that punishes the couple with death?

What kind of a twisted lunatics is he?
1.God gave Adam everything he needed and could possibly want.
2. Then a serpent that they probably did not even know comes and tells them that God lied. It's a no Brainer choice to me.
3. If my father gave me what I needed plus what I could want, what could possibly turn you against your father?
4. God gave them free will. Satan decided to challenge Adam and Eve. Satan is the one who turned against god. It was such a simple decision.

Subhankar Zac

1.God gave Adam everything he needed and could possibly want.
2. Then a serpent that they probably did not even know comes and tells them that God lied. It's a no Brainer choice to me.
3. If my father gave me what I needed plus what I could want, what could possibly turn you against your father?
4. God gave them free will. Satan decided to challenge Adam and Eve. Satan is the one who turned against god. It was such a simple decision.

1. Would you be willing to put a knife and a gun where your newborn child is?
2. And then a thief breaks in and tries to hurt your kid when you're watching over him. I m sure you'll let him then huh?
3. Astounding ignorance and logical abominations never ceases to amaze me. If Adam didn't know what was good n bad, how could he even know if God was actually good or bad?
4. God lets Satan in n let's the tree near Adam n eve. God wanted Satan to tempt them and wanted them to die. God is the one who planned everything if he's indeed omnipresent or simply a psychopath.
Can't be correct both ways.