• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much does the Christian God really love us?

look3467

Premium Member
If he doesn't give us evidence for the existence of heaven, or for eternal life, or for his own existence, we cannot make an informed decision on following him.>>>Enoughie

He gave us the bible and His Son......the only difference is that it requires faith in God of which this world knows nothing about.

Unless............well, you know.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
I have no problem living a moral life. I derive my morality from nature. But the moral life I live is in contradiction to some of the claims of the biblical god. For example, I see no value in the institution of marriage - in fact, I think the institution of marriage is amoral.>>>Enoughie

God be thanked that you even have that choice.

Now, contradictions are those things of the flesh that God deems harmful to us if we should continue to live in them, but then again, He gave us that choice to make.

Marriage....in its original was the marriage between God and the flesh, as in God -breath into Adam (Eve who represents the flesh) and He/they became a living souls.

Two opposites Flesh/spirit.

As for humanity, opposites attract for the propagation of the human specie.

It is clear in the Old Testament that kinds had many wives and concubines.

But there was a price to pay, for there developed in-fighting amongst the wives and their children.

So it is as a warning,that we ought to settle with one spouse and not many, so that we may devote our time, energy and devotion to the up-bringing of our children.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
So if the biblical god wants me to live my life according to his rules, he should provide evidence that his claims are true. If he doesn't do that, then it is his fault that people don't follow his bizarre rules.>>>Enoughie

Evidence is in the testimonials of those folks whose lives have been changed because of their placing their faith in God and His rules.

Look around, you'll find all these folks all over the place.

Blessings, AJ

Enoughie

I've read the article. If I were not a spiritually born individual, I to would agree with that article whole heartily.
In other words, if you were not impervious to rational argument you would agree with the article.

But what you are reading is the Eve of Adam, the fleshly part that can not see the spiritual side of Adam.

Eve is all what the world is, made of this world, clay molded in form of the male and female specie.
There is only this world, and no evidence of anything else. If there is spirituality to us (in our art, music, dance, etc.) it is also part of this world. It is based entirely in this world.

But your entire theology is based purely on fiction. And you accept it blindly. It is credulity that guides you, and nothing more.

If there was a shred of evidence for your claims of a spirit, of life not of this world, we could have a serious discussion. But all you're presenting is entirely fictional.

That is why when you die, your body, the flesh, becomes earth again.

But the Adam, of Eve, is the consciousness in both Adam and Eve, in you and in me.

That is the part that can transcend walls, not limited by world, and of which the article fails to point out.
It "fails" to point it out because that is not real. There is no soul or spirit that is separate from the body. When the body dies, so does our consciousness. It ceases to exist.

Just like when a computer ceases to work. There is no computer soul. The computer's operating system is not going to heaven. It just ceases to function.

The discussion between you and I is about those two opposites.

The Apostle Paul pointed it out in the following verse what I just got through explaining to you: Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

If it were not for the Son of God giving us life through His suffering, we'd all be as that verse above states!
Yes. We have two opposite approaches. Mine is based on reality, reason, science, nature, and supported by all the evidence in the world. Yours is entirely fictional, and based on the imagination of bronze age, Middle Eastern peasants.

All you're providing is empty rhetoric. You're waging a psychological warfare. But you can only accept that theology on credulity. And that is the foundation of your religion - credulity. There's absolutely no evidence to support it.

Not only that, but there's also absolutely no reason to believe these claims. Christianity doesn't offer anything that would make it worth giving up your ability to reason and your senses. It only offers false hope for eternal life.

You just have to come to terms with the fact that one day you're going to die. False hope is not going to help here. The only thing you can do is live a meaningful and fruitful life in the meantime.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom

Enoughie

Evidence is in the testimonials of those folks whose lives have been changed because of their placing their faith in God and His rules.

Look around, you'll find all these folks all over the place.
People's subjective experience is not the same as evidence. A Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Christian can claim that their lives were transformed by their religion. That says nothing about the truth of their religion.

In fact, since people of all different religions can claim that their lives were transformed, this is evidence that such testimonials are utterly meaningless in determining the truth of these religions.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom

free spirit

LOOK3467

Marriage....in its original was the marriage between God and the flesh, as in God -breath into Adam (Eve who represents the flesh) and He/they became a living souls.

I do not know were you get this from, please explain.

Enoughie

God be thanked that you even have that choice.

Now, contradictions are those things of the flesh that God deems harmful to us if we should continue to live in them, but then again, He gave us that choice to make.

Two opposites Flesh/spirit.

As for humanity, opposites attract for the propagation of the human specie.

It is clear in the Old Testament that kinds had many wives and concubines.

But there was a price to pay, for there developed in-fighting amongst the wives and their children.

So it is as a warning,that we ought to settle with one spouse and not many, so that we may devote our time, energy and devotion to the up-bringing of our children.
I don't think this theory of yours (or of the bible) has any merit to it.

Just like you can have many friends, and many loved ones (parents, children, siblings), there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have more than one partner.

It's just that it requires some skill to preserve friendly ties. But there's absolutely nothing fundamentally wrong with having multiple partners.

Enoughie

He gave us the bible and His Son......the only difference is that it requires faith in God of which this world knows nothing about.

Unless............well, you know.
An all-powerful and all-knowing god would have known better than to give no evidence for his claims outside of the bible, and would not have designed a system that is entirely based on credulity.

look3467

Premium Member
In other words, if you were not impervious to rational argument you would agree with the article.>>Enoughie

Rational? I am both rational and spiritual, I guess you couldn't tell?

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
There is only this world, and no evidence of anything else. If there is spirituality to us (in our art, music, dance, etc.) it is also part of this world. It is based entirely in this world.

But your entire theology is based purely on fiction. And you accept it blindly. It is credulity that guides you, and nothing more.

If there was a shred of evidence for your claims of a spirit, of life not of this world, we could have a serious discussion. But all you're presenting is entirely fictional.>>>Enoughie

What is of the spirit is of the spirit and what is of the world is of the world.

What is of the world can not understand what is of the spirit.

What is of the spirit can understand what is of the world.

Based on that, you can see where we both stand.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
It "fails" to point it out because that is not real. There is no soul or spirit that is separate from the body. When the body dies, so does our consciousness. It ceases to exist.

Just like when a computer ceases to work. There is no computer soul. The computer's operating system is not going to heaven. It just ceases to function.>>>Enoughie

That is because you have no consciousness towards the spiritual and therefore can not see life after this one.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Yes. We have two opposite approaches. Mine is based on reality, reason, science, nature, and supported by all the evidence in the world. Yours is entirely fictional, and based on the imagination of bronze age, Middle Eastern peasants.

All you're providing is empty rhetoric. You're waging a psychological warfare. But you can only accept that theology on credulity. And that is the foundation of your religion - credulity. There's absolutely no evidence to support it.

Not only that, but there's also absolutely no reason to believe these claims. Christianity doesn't offer anything that would make it worth giving up your ability to reason and your senses. It only offers false hope for eternal life.

You just have to come to terms with the fact that one day you're going to die. False hope is not going to help here. The only thing you can do is live a meaningful and fruitful life in the meantim>>>Enoughie

You simply have not yet experienced a rebirth to identify with the truth of the spirit.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
People's subjective experience is not the same as evidence. A Muslim, or a Hindu, or a Christian can claim that their lives were transformed by their religion. That says nothing about the truth of their religion.

In fact, since people of all different religions can claim that their lives were transformed, this is evidence that such testimonials are utterly meaningless in determining the truth of these religions.

Life in the spiritual is in proof of the pudding.

Blessings, AJ

Ben Masada

How much does the Christian god love us? To tell you the truth, I am not too sure. I think you ought to be a little more specific which god you are talking about. Nietzsche said that god died, and I am sure he was referring to the anthropomorphic god of religions. If you are talking about Jesus, I am sorry to disappoint you with the news that he loves no longer, according to Ecclesiastes 9:5,6.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Dang, you are aware of a good deal of scripture, sad that it does not come alive for you.
Dang, you are aware of only a small bit of logic, understandable that it does not come alive for you.
And that is right, nothing good dwells in men and that is because of our imperfection.
perfection cannot bring forth imperfection, that would be a paradox, because it would mean perfection is imperfect.
The Eve of us. It takes a rebirth of our Adam (Spirit) to gain the perfection of God.

Blessings, AJ
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

Blessings, OF

Enoughie

Dang, you are aware of a good deal of scripture, sad that it does not come alive for you.
It is precisely because I know a great deal about it that I reject it.

The New Testament is a full frontal assault on all that is dear to humanity (and to God, if it exists). From our ability to reason and properly understand the world we live in, to our ability to value life and have a meaningful and productive life, to having reasonable expectations from life (and not false hope of life after death).

The New Testament takes away all these immensely important aspects of our humanity, and replaces them with ignorance, credulity, and false hope.

idea

Question Everything
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Enoughie

You simply have not yet experienced a rebirth to identify with the truth of the spirit.
No. But I've seen the hypocrisy among some who have (and I'm not referring here to you, just to make this clear).

I've witnessed how a person who wholeheartedly accepted Jesus Christ, and became a Born Again, and spent a great deal of his time propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ, then disgraced himself in doing the same things that he criticized others for doing.

Yet, he still continued to believe that he transcended this "sinfulness" by being Born of the Spirit.

Self-delusion is a curious thing. Isn't it?

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
No. But I've seen the hypocrisy among some who have (and I'm not referring here to you, just to make this clear).

I've witnessed how a person who wholeheartedly accepted Jesus Christ, and became a Born Again, and spent a great deal of his time propagating the message of Jesus Christ, then disgraced himself in doing the same things that he criticized others for doing.

Yet, he still continued to believe that he transcended this "sinfulness" by being Born of the Spirit.

Self-delusion is a curious thing. Isn't it?

Have you read the Bible? It isn't full of accounts of the pharisees, Sadducee, scribes for nothing ;)

(Bible Dictionary | P Pharisees:Entry)
Pharisees. A religious party among the Jews. The name denotes separatists. They prided themselves on their strict observance of the law, and on the care with which they avoided contact with things gentile. Their belief included the doctrine of immortality and resurrection of the body and the existence of angels and spirits. They upheld the authority of oral tradition as of equal value with the written law. The tendency of their teaching was to reduce religion to the observance of a multiplicity of ceremonial rules, and to encourage self-sufficiency and spiritual pride. They were a major obstacle to the reception of Christ and the gospel by the Jewish people. For the Lord's judgment on them and their works see Matt. 23; Mark 7; Luke 11:37–54.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:13 - 15)
13 ¶ But woe unto you, ascribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

Last edited:

Enoughie

Life in the spiritual is in proof of the pudding.
One of the great things about being a human is our ability to imagine and empathize.

I don't need to get hit by a truck to know that it's something that I don't want to experience.