• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a good man, so why don't I have a girlfriend? Do I need to be a jerk instead?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
This really is a good observation. In my experience, the majority of girls would go after the confident jerk over the sissy nice guy. However, those sissy boys need not worry because there is always a girl looking for the kind of guy that won't be able to stop her from wearing the pants in the relationship. I'd argue however that there are more sissy boys out there than women looking for a partner they can dominate so the sissies better get out and start struttin' hehehe........

Shouldn't you say ''sissy'' boys? Without the quotation marks it seems like you are talking about something else entirely. :p

Shermana

Heretic
because there is always a girl looking for the kind of guy that won't be able to stop her from wearing the pants in the relationship

While she sees the confident jerk on the side.

The moral of the story is: Women decide what works to get them. Figure out what works, work on what works, and then try to beat all the competition.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Putting it into a dichotomy of "confident jerk" and "sissy nice guy" implies to me that a person gets most of their dating observations from bad movies.

Shermana

Heretic
Putting it into a dichotomy of "confident jerk" and "sissy nice guy" implies to me that a person gets most of their dating observations from bad movies.

I think those are terms mostly for convenience. I can say with much experience, and all my friend's experience, and all my female friends' experience, that the so-called "Confident Jerk" can get loads and loads of what he's after in many if not most cases if he "plays the game" correctly. Now there are qualifiers. The "Confident Jerk" must in most cases also be physically fit, more so than most other guys. Without this physical component, his jerkness and confidence may be a detriment.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I think those are terms mostly for convenience. I can say with much experience, and all my friend's experience, and all my female friends' experience, that the so-called "Confident Jerk" can get loads and loads of what he's after in many if not most cases if he "plays the game" correctly. Now there are qualifiers. The "Confident Jerk" must in most cases also be physically fit, more so than most other guys. Without this physical component, his jerkness and confidence may be a detriment.

Exactly. :yes:

Me Myself

Back to my username

Pretty much what I have seen , yes.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

I agree with the exception of one small detail. I think the confident jerk can get away with having average physical fitness with the most important determinant being his weight. So long as he isn't noticably overweight, I'm talking 10 pounds over at most or maybe 15-20 if he's naturally handsome, he'll still be able very successful with the ladies, especially if can clean up well by putting on well fitting clothes and being well groomed. If that the case he can get away with not having washboard abs

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The moral of the story is: Women decide what works to get them. Figure out what works, work on what works, and then try to beat all the competition.
Or stop thinking of women as some sort of prize to be "won". :facepalm:

There is no magic "what works" formula that will make women fall for you.

wa:do

Shermana

Heretic
How many of you guys are actually in a serious relationship?

What's the point? I like having friends with benefits better. Maybe one day when it's time for little Shermanas perhaps.

The best is being good friends with Lesbians, excellent hunting partners I must say.

Edit: There are a few girls I'd be heartbroken to see someone else get with nonetheless.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I agree with the exception of one small detail. I think the confident jerk can get away with having average physical fitness with the most important determinant being his weight. So long as he isn't noticably overweight, I'm talking 10 pounds over at most or maybe 15-20 if he's naturally handsome, he'll still be able very successful with the ladies, especially if can clean up well by putting on well fitting clothes and being well groomed. If that the case he can get away with not having washboard abs

Four men so far agree on this.
I wonder if/when any woman will join us. :rolleyes:

Shermana

Heretic
Or stop thinking of women as some sort of prize to be "won". :facepalm:

There is no magic "what works" formula that will make women fall for you.

There's minority exceptions in every case, very true.

Also, good luck in getting men to stop thinking of women as prizes to be won, seriously, good luck.

Shermana

Heretic

Also agreed, with caveat of one minor detail: Being "Well groomed" may work a lot, but despite what a lot of women say, an unkempt beard can be surprisingly effective.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
How many of you guys are actually in a serious relationship?

I'm not but it's certainly not from lack of opportunity. I've passed up many opportunties because I'm not just looking to "shack up" with someone anymore, I'm looking for marriage. Admittingly, I've set my standards incredibly high because I refuse to spend the next 50 years with somebody I'm just "settling for". It's the most important decision I'll ever make in my life so I'd rather err on the side of being too picky than not pickky enough

Alceste

Vagabond
Four men so far agree on this.
I wonder if/when any woman will join us. :rolleyes:

I don't think we have the right equipment to share in your neurosis, where "men who get more women than me = jerks" and "men who aren't as interested in casual sex as I am = sissies".

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
There's minority exceptions in every case, very true.

Also, good luck in getting men to stop thinking of women as prizes to be won, seriously, good luck.

All we have to do is not have sex with them. Evolution takes care of the rest. I know I'm doing my part for the future of mankind.

Shermana

Heretic
All we have to do is not have sex with them. Evolution takes care of the rest. I know I'm doing my part for the future of mankind.

I'd LOVE to see the day that women stop giving themselves to men who think of them as such. That would be a great day indeed. How do you plan on starting this revolution? I'm glad you're doing your part, if only you weren't the extreme minority.