• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a good man, so why don't I have a girlfriend? Do I need to be a jerk instead?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Out of curiosity, why do you want to know?
Curiosity.... I see a lot of talking about "what works" to get the ladies to like you... I'm wondering how much practical experience with being in a serious relationship you have.

I'm a scientist, I like to know about the qualifications when discussing subjects.

For example I've been in a committed relationship for nearly 16 years.
The majority of my peers have been in committed relationships for several years and a few of them as long or longer than me. I've seen what works and what doesn't work from many perspectives.

Thus far I'm not seeing any of the "what works" reflected in the conversation... hence my curiosity.

wa:do

Shermana

Heretic
I don't think we have the right equipment to share in your neurosis, where "men who get more women than me = jerks" and "men who aren't as interested in casual sex as I am = sissies".

Right, because that's exactly what we said, guys who get girls are "confident jerks" rather than "Confident jerks" tend to be guys who get girls. Nothing at all we've said has anything to do with the characteristics involved with the specifics.

False syllogisms are often a sign of denial.

Shermana

Heretic
Curiosity.... I see a lot of talking about "what works" to get the ladies to like you... I'm wondering how much practical experience with being in a serious relationship you have.

I'm a scientist, I like to know about the qualifications when discussing subjects.

The majority of my peers have been in committed relationships for several years and a few of them as long or longer than me. I've seen what works and what doesn't work from many perspectives.

Thus far I'm not seeing any of the "what works" reflected in the conversation... hence my curiosity.

When did we say anything about what works to get a serious relationship?

Do you care at all what works to get friends with benefits?

Alceste

Vagabond
I'd LOVE to see the day that women stop giving themselves to men who think of them as such. That would be a great day indeed. How do you plan on starting this revolution? I'm glad you're doing your part, if only you weren't the extreme minority.

Where I live, women with good taste in men are a majority. If we're a minority where you live, I suggest you stay there. ;)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
What's the point? I like having friends with benefits better. Maybe one day when it's time for little Shermanas perhaps.

The best is being good friends with Lesbians, excellent hunting partners I must say.

Edit: There are a few girls I'd be heartbroken to see someone else get with nonetheless.
So in other words.... none. Check.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I don't think we have the right equipment to share in your neurosis, where "men who get more women than me = jerks" and "men who aren't as interested in casual sex as I am = sissies".

Neurosis? Why do you think so?
And how did you infer those sentences from what i have said? :sarcastic

Shermana

Heretic
Where I live, women with good taste in men are a majority. If we're a minority where you live, I suggest you stay there. ;)

Every woman has her own idea of "good taste" I suppose. That's what half this argument is about. But I take it that you're agreeing that perhaps the blame is on the women who feed our perceptions rather than the men who act on them?

Maybe I've been in California too long. (And New York. And Michigan. And Florida.)

jasonwill2

I honestly don't mean this in an offensive way

Of course you mean it in an offensive way, your making assumptions and are belittling me because you think you know better than me based on some arbitrary number you see. I'm talking about in general. I've seen older relationships be the same way. You have no basis for your statements other than your bias and pre-conceived notions about me based on age.

Maybe you should mind your own business and not make assumptions about my life, I feel like I am about to explode because of your wording. You know nothing about me.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

What do serious relationships have to do with what we are talking about? :sarcastic

We are talking about getting into relationships. Not about how to make them last.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
When did we say anything about what works to get a serious relationship?

Do you care at all what works to get friends with benefits?
No... if you just want sex, a few bills of the right denomination will do that. :sarcastic

Any shlub with the right resources can get laid. The OP was about getting a woman to want to date you on a serious basis.

Shermana

Heretic
I find it interesting that if we convey personal experiences on what we've dealt with by and large for the most part, there's something wrong with us because of the actions by those who give us our perceptions. Maybe...just maybe, the fault is not the man's for perceiving patterns and making use of those patterns?

Shermana

Heretic
No... if you just want sex, a few bills of the right denomination will do that. :sarcastic

Any shlub with the right resources can get laid. The OP was about getting a woman to want to date you on a serious basis.

Like I said, are you including the possibility that we CAN get relationships if we wanted? I'd be in a relationship right now if I wanted to. Maybe I COULD get one or are you assuming I can't because my attitude clashes with what you like or dislike? And actually, I turn down sex because of my religion. From more than one model to say the least. My idea of action doesn't involve the full shebang.