• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a good man, so why don't I have a girlfriend? Do I need to be a jerk instead?

Shermana

Heretic
Women more attracted to men in expensive cars - Telegraph

Men who drive expensive cars really are more attractive to women, according to a study by university researchers.

Psychologists proved what car-dealers have boasted for generations the car one drives is key when it comes to turning a woman's head.

The university team showed women pictures of the same man sitting in two cars - a £70,000 silver Bentley Continental and a battered Ford Fiesta.

The women, who were aged between 21 to 40, picked the man sitting in the Bentley ahead of the same man in the Ford.

Dr Michael Dunn, of the University of Wales Institute in Cardiff, said it shows women rate a man higher if he is behind the wheels of a "fancy motor rather than in an old banger".

His research, in the latest edition of the British Journal of Psychology, also shows that men are more interested in a women's looks not her motor.

nnmartin

Why does a caveman type always have a girl, but a nice guy not?

simple - it's all down to basic, rugged masculinity.

End of discussion.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yep but I think a few people brought up some good points. Maybe the OP might realize not all women are the same.

Hopefully.

Personally I never understood this popular stereotype of women being attracted to jerks but maybe I'm in the women minority. :areyoucra

Yeah, me neither (when it's suggested that all or most of them do, that is). That's just one of the pathetic stereotypes displayed here.

Another one is the ridiculous stereotype of men being primarily attracted to physical traits while women being primarily attracted to personality traits.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I ride a kick scooter by the way.

Oh, MY!

Super-Surprised.jpg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
This is hardly surprising from the guy who thinks women voting is still worthy of debate.

I honestly doubt that nnmartin has ever truly been serious or sincere about anything he has ever posted here.

but it's surely true that a woman's looks are clearly the number 1 factor for most males.

Like this. He only says stuff like this is because it'll get a rise out of people. It's too obvious of a statement.

Kathryn

Or of a rich mommy and daddy who like to spoil their little brat (who likely developed an undue sense of importance and entitlement as a result).

Right on. Like Penumbra, I don't look at it as a selling point at all.

On my first date with my future husband, I noticed that he had a lot of mud ground into the floorboard of his truck. He apologized and said, "No matter how much I try to clean this, that mud from those oilfield locations just sticks to everything. You should see my boots. Oh, sorry about that hardhat - I'll move it."

Hmmmm.jpg

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, that's looking at pictures.

And it depends on what type of woman a man is looking for.

Sorry, but if I see a guy in an expensive car, that's a pretty big hole he's gotta work out of before I'd view him as a potential date.

Now if we're talking some 40-50 year old guy that is very financially successful and a reasonably nice car is a negligible part of his income, then that's one thing. That's not an age range I'd be interested in anyway, but from a personality perspective, I'm still not exactly impressed, as my views on sustainability and spending habits don't quite align with that, but it nonetheless is pretty natural for someone like that to drive that kind of car without any negative characteristics. It's just a car, at that point.

But if it's some 20-something guy who spends a considerable portion of his income on a depreciating asset, or got some fancy car as a gift, my impression is mostly just, "lol look at that guy. lol."

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sign of a small penis.

Or of a rich mommy and daddy who like to spoil their little brat (who likely developed an undue sense of importance and entitlement as a result).

Or just a pretty successful guy with a whole lot of money. Some people love fast cars, for example.

And some people spend a lot of time in their car. There are reasonable reasons to buy a fancy car if you can afford it, and if it wouldn't hurt you at all significantly (in terms of money).

Kathryn

Or just a pretty successful guy with a whole lot of money. Some people love fast cars, for example.

And some people spend a lot of time in their car. There are reasonable reasons to buy a fancy car if you can afford it, and if it wouldn't hurt you at all significantly (in terms of money).

Well, I was being a bit facetious.

Certainly if someone can afford a great car, go for it I guess. Generally speaking though, the type of person who puts a lot of stock in a flashy, expensive car doesn't appeal to me, but hey, that's just me.

By the way, please note that I am talking specifically about "flashy" "look at me, I'm a ******" types of vehicles (for instance, really jacked up trucks with huge tires).

I myself have owned two very nice cars - a Mercedes and a Lexus - and I bought them both (used) precisely BECAUSE I spent a lot of time in my car in my job and I wanted something that felt great and was super dependable for many miles. There's nothing wrong with owning an expensive vehicle - it's the flash that I have a personal issue with.

My husband's truck is a big, four wheel drive monster with a huge grill thingy on the front - a 2011. But hey, he really does have to have that for his job, so there you have it. It has nothing to do with any....err....size.
:D

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If some guy has a fast car and it's truly a passion of his, that's one thing. That's why I say it's not exactly a deal breaker, just a big hole that he'd have to work out of for me to view him as a potential date. If there's an explanation for it, like he fixed it up and loves it, then that alleviates the initial concern I'd have for seeing some guy in a fancy car. In that sense, it's a hobby rather than a character flaw.

But if the guy is like, "yeah this is my Porsche the ladies love it right?", then no way. I would view such a person as a boy, regardless of age.

nnmartin

This is all such a crock of slop.

I've met many supposed 'spiritual girls' in my time , who pretend to crave for a spiritual guy.

but once the rugby player comes along, nice guy boyfriend (usually with a name like Che) is ditched.

Men and woman are animals - and animal lust is what rules the roost.

the rest is all just window dressing.