• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a good man, so why don't I have a girlfriend? Do I need to be a jerk instead?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Intelligence.... it is hot hot hot...
ndgt.jpg

wa:do

Neil Tyson! There's a fellow I'd love to have a beer with. I recognize Einstein and Carl Sagan, but who are the other two? I'm guessing the guy by the dinosaur skull is a paleontologist?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You know that was just an example, right?
And why are you asking what makes me think he's especially intelligent?
I know it was a rather poor attempt at a discredited stereotype.

As for the 'especially,' I'm not in the mood to play along with nit picking.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I honestly think the guy looks pretty nice actually, in terms of his looks (putting aside how he presents or dress himself). He would just need to be more 'cool', or take better care of himself, in other words.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Neil Tyson! There's a fellow I'd love to have a beer with. I recognize Einstein and Carl Sagan, but who are the other two? I'm guessing the guy by the dinosaur skull is a paleontologist?
Scott Sampson and Mark Norell... both paleontologists.

I could totally keep going to... there is a lot of hot hot hot out there in science.

Reptillian

Scott Sampson and Mark Norell... both paleontologists.

I could totally keep going to... there is a lot of hot hot hot out there in science.

John Horner wasn't good enough looking for you? ;) He's probably the only famous modern paleontologist I'd recognize a picture of.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
LOL I didn't recognize ANY of the scientists - but I did post three photos of people with other sorts of intelligence.

But then, I'm pretty artsy fartsy.

Takes all types!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Do you mean to say he is NOT hot?!
Hard to tell from the picture, physically he's made to look very awkward, but he could be a sexy devil in person... just like you can't tell his intelligence.

I'll be honest and say the picture doesn't make him look particularly attractive.

But I don't judge "sexy" on looks alone. ;)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Hard to tell from the picture, physically he's made to look very awkward, but he could be a sexy devil in person... just like you can't tell his intelligence.

I'll be honest and say the picture doesn't make him look particularly attractive.

But I don't judge "sexy" on looks alone. ;)

If he is indeed intelligent, would you think of him as hot?

Reptillian

LOL I didn't recognize ANY of the scientists - but I did post three photos of people with other sorts of intelligence.

But then, I'm pretty artsy fartsy.

Takes all types!

You didn't recognize Einstein?! I liked the pictures you posted, but your husband looks like he was about to throw up on you in that one pic. :)

Wannabe Yogi

Do I need to be an ******* towards women? Do I need to sell my soul to have a companion?

The following advice is the best please read it one more time then follow it.

The best advice I can give you is to find something interesting to do with your frustrated libidinic energy, rather than trying to get a girlfriend. Whether you're a nice guy or a jerk, women (and men) can smell desperation. It's a huge turn-off. Nobody worth dating wants to save you from your loneliness. Nobody is going to have sex with you just because "everyone deserves sex". Find a way to save yourself from your loneliness and you'll not only feel better about yourself and your situation, but also become more attractive to potential girlfriends.

If you must have it boiled down to a simple formula, there are few qualities you could develop that would be more attractive to women than a genuine disinterest that stems from being preoccupied with something more intriguing than getting a girlfriend. Rock climbing. Scuba diving. Playing an instrument. Writing a book. Meditation.

The worst case scenario is that learning to be happy and self-sufficient without a girlfriend doesn't attract a girlfriend, in which case, who cares?

Of course it goes without saying that you should take care of yourself and present yourself well. Look in the mirror. Could you do anything to make yourself more attractive? Dress a little better? Lose a few pounds, or put a few on? Get a haircut? Of course there's more to it than that, but being as physically attractive as you can will help get your foot in the door. Not many of us want to have sex with other people's potential inner beauty.

I would like to add from my humble opinion.

Self confidence is sexy as hell. If you are both self assured and nice. You are well on your way to finding a girl, and one who is worth having.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
John Horner wasn't good enough looking for you? ;) He's probably the only famous modern paleontologist I'd recognize a picture of.
Lol... you know John never did much for me... Now a younger Robert Bakker...
1245_bakker_robert_t.jpg

Or Paul Sereno (you might know him from Nat. Geo)
Sereno-Paul-in.jpg

I'll stop now... no need to fill the thread with hot hot hot.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If he is indeed intelligent, would you think of him as hot?
Not if he's a jerk-****.... ;)

Like I said, he could be a sexy beast in person... but I can't say because I don't know him. I've met guys that were physically attractive and became "yuck" territory as soon as they opened their mouths and I've known lots of guys that weren't what society would call "attractive" who were totally sexy.

Maturing and getting a sense of oneself really helps. Hanging out with a university gaming crowd for longer than I care to admit, I got to see a lot of "ugly duckings" mature into fabulous and attractive people.
I've also seen others that turned into total creepers because they never really matured or sunk into "nice guy syndrome".