• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a good man, so why don't I have a girlfriend? Do I need to be a jerk instead?

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Lol... you know John never did much for me... Now a younger Robert Bakker...

Or Paul Sereno (you might know him from Nat. Geo)

I'll stop now... no need to fill the thread with hot hot hot.

wa:do

I guess I'd recognize Robert Bakker, I mean he is the only guy who carries a deinonychus forearm with him wherever he goes...lol

The other fellow kind of looks like Indiana Jones. I'd guess he's a paleontologist who dreams of becoming an archeologist.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I guess I'd recognize Robert Bakker, I mean he is the only guy who carries a deinonychus forearm with him wherever he goes...lol

The other fellow kind of looks like Indiana Jones. I'd guess he's a paleontologist who dreams of becoming an archeologist.
lol... Indiana Jones is based of a real world paleontologist Roy Chapman Andrews. (also hot hot hot)
draft_lens18667700module154053983photo_1318222769roy_chapman_andrews.jpg

The gun was for defense from bandits.
220px-Roy_Chapman_Andrews,_1913.jpg

and the hat is actually pretty common for paleontologists for practical reasons as well as geeky style. I have one myself. :cool:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Not if he's a jerk-****.... ;)

Like I said, he could be a sexy beast in person... but I can't say because I don't know him. I've met guys that were physically attractive and became "yuck" territory as soon as they opened their mouths and I've known lots of guys that weren't what society would call "attractive" who were totally sexy.

Maturing and getting a sense of oneself really helps. Hanging out with a university gaming crowd for longer than I care to admit, I got to see a lot of "ugly duckings" mature into fabulous and attractive people.
I've also seen others that turned into total creepers because they never really matured or sunk into "nice guy syndrome".

Consider he doesn't have any other particularly relevant trait. Neither for good, nor for bad. He is just an average guy with that appearence and a lot of intelligence. Would you think of him as sexy?

Alceste

Vagabond
Not saying they're all attracted to tough guys. But they mistake nonviolence for cowardice, and hence avoid nonviolent people.

I see, your difficulty attracting women is due to a huge character flaw that all the women in the entire world happen to share, rather than a character flaw in yourself.

That must be comforting to know. ;)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Consider he doesn't have any other particularly relevant trait. Neither for good, nor for bad. He is just an average guy with that appearence and a lot of intelligence. Would you think of him as sexy?
I don't think anyone is sexy based purely on appearance. :shrug:

Every picture I've shown are of people who I "know" in some manner of speaking. Either I've listened to them talk or read their work or know their life stories. Every one of them has influenced me in some way.

Like I said earlier I don't find that picture of him particularly attractive, but that doesn't mean he's instantly "not sexy"... I'd have to meet him to find that out. :flirt:

Alceste

Vagabond
Meditation has measurable effects that may enhance your sex appeal?! Can you provide any respectable source for that claim? I may consider to start meditating if you do so. :)

First, a disclaimer: I live on an Island on the West Coast. Most of the women I know are into yoga, meditation, belly dancing, neo-pagan rituals, and all manner of exotic and / or introspective arts. So, joining a meditation group would be a good way to meet women in my community.

Research shows that meditation has a calming / relaxing effect. It can also focus your attention and aid in the processing of sensory information.

People who are relaxed and calm are more fluid in their movements, which, IMO, enhances their attractiveness (while having the opposite effect on predatory people who intend harm). Also, men who are really "present" in the moment, able to listen and empathize, and able to correctly interpret body language and facial expressions are very attractive to me, personally, and I don't think I'm an outlier in that respect.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I don't think anyone is sexy based purely on appearance. :shrug:

Every picture I've shown are of people who I "know" in some manner of speaking. Either I've listened to them talk or read their work or know their life stories. Every one of them has influenced me in some way.

Like I said earlier I don't find that picture of him particularly attractive, but that doesn't mean he's instantly "not sexy"... I'd have to meet him to find that out.
:flirt:

The bolded part shows you have missed the point.
If you really thought that intelligence made someone sexy, then you wouldn't have this sort of problem trying to decide whether he is sexy or not. :shrug:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If you really thought that intelligence made someone sexy, then you wouldn't have this sort of problem trying to decide whether he is sexy or not. :shrug:
You have yet to show that he's intelligent.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you try to link any individual characteristic (like intelligence alone) to the much broader concept of being "sexy", you're gonna have a bad time.

Alceste

Vagabond

And that couldn't be because it's impossible to gauge somebody's intelligence from a photograph?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You keep missing the point... intelligence isn't the only factor.

Why do I keep having to repeat myself? Is it really that difficult a concept? :slap:

One last time... I can't declare anyone "sexy" based on a limited data set... that simply isn't the way my brain or my libido works.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
First, a disclaimer: I live on an Island on the West Coast. Most of the women I know are into yoga, meditation, belly dancing, neo-pagan rituals, and all manner of exotic and / or introspective arts. So, joining a meditation group would be a good way to meet women in my community.

This explains a lot of things. Here, yoga is well known by hearsay. But very few people are into the exotic/introspective arts to that extent.

Research shows that meditation has a calming / relaxing effect. It can also focus your attention and aid in the processing of sensory information.

People who are relaxed and calm are more fluid in their movements, which, IMO, enhances their attractiveness (while having the opposite effect on predatory people who intend harm). Also, men who are really "present" in the moment, able to listen and empathize, and able to correctly interpret body language and facial expressions are very attractive to me, personally, and I don't think I'm an outlier in that respect.

Point taken. ;)

Alceste

Vagabond
If you try to link any individual characteristic (like intelligence alone) to the much broader concept of being "sexy", you're gonna have a bad time.

Good point. There are lots of ways to be intelligent in an unsexy fashion. I have mastered most of them, in fact. :D

Alceste

Vagabond
You keep missing the point... intelligence isn't the only factor.

Why do I keep having to repeat myself? Is it really that difficult a concept? :slap:

One last time... I can't declare anyone "sexy" based on a limited data set... that simply isn't the way my brain or my libido works.

I know what you mean. I once had an incredibly hot sexy dream starring this guy:

kurt-vonnegut.jpg

IRL, I don't chase after guys who look like that. But Kurt Vonnegut's brain is sexy enough to me to override my default "how much does this guy look like Johnny Depp" attractiveness filter.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You have yet to show that he's intelligent.

And that couldn't be because it's impossible to gauge somebody's intelligence from a photograph?

Why would it be relevant whether this specific person is intelligent or not?
He is just being used as an example. I could choose anyone that doesn't seem to be attractive. If he is intelligent, would you consider him to be sexy?

Unless you contend that all intelligent people are physically attractive, it is beyond the point to prove any given individual is intelligent.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That would be like asking "If a girl is physicaly atractive, would she be sexy?"

They have to actually experience the inteligence I would guess. Talk to him or something.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I know what you mean. I once had an incredibly hot sexy dream starring this guy:

kurt-vonnegut.jpg

IRL, I don't chase after guys who look like that. But Kurt Vonnegut's brain is sexy enough to me to override my default "how much does this guy look like Johnny Depp" attractiveness filter.

Blech! There's a face for radio. Perhaps this illustrates a fundamental difference between guys and girls. For guys, "sexy" is a matter of cursorial sensory perceptions. Women are just deeper than men...we're shallow, I admit it.