• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

lostwanderingsoul

Satan is the ruler of the earth and has certainly brainwashed people. they think they are following Christian ideas but they are actually following satan

Johnlove

Interesting you ignore John 3:16.
Not the lest bit surprising, but interesting none-the-less
(John 3:16-17) “For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. For God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but so that through him the world might be saved.”

First notice it says eternal life, but does not say where one will spend that eternal life. It say the world might be saved, but that does not say go to heaven. Nowhere in scripture does it say saved mean going to Heaven.

When John says one is believing in Jesus, he is saying that one needs to be in Jesus to believe.

You need to read what John says about being in Jesus, or Jesus being in him or her.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

John says this is how we know we are in him. One who sin can’t believe in Jesus, because they are not living as Jesus lived.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Here John says God is in one who does not sin. So Children of God are in God, and God is in them.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Here John says if one sins they don’t even know God. One can’t believe in someone they do not even know.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Jesus told us what one needs to do to have God be in them. Keeping God’s Word includes not sinning.

The reason my argument does not make sense to most people, is because to understand God’s Word and come to know God his or her teacher needs to be God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God”

McBell

Admiral Obvious
(John 3:16-17) “For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. For God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but so that through him the world might be saved.”

First notice it says eternal life, but does not say where one will spend that eternal life. It say the world might be saved, but that does not say go to heaven. Nowhere in scripture does it say saved mean going to Heaven.

When John says one is believing in Jesus, he is saying that one needs to be in Jesus to believe.

You need to read what John says about being in Jesus, or Jesus being in him or her.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

John says this is how we know we are in him. One who sin can’t believe in Jesus, because they are not living as Jesus lived.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Here John says God is in one who does not sin. So Children of God are in God, and God is in them.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Here John says if one sins they don’t even know God. One can’t believe in someone they do not even know.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Jesus told us what one needs to do to have God be in them. Keeping God’s Word includes not sinning.

The reason my argument does not make sense to most people, is because to understand God’s Word and come to know God his or her teacher needs to be God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God”
ROTFLMAO

Now that is some talented mental gymnastics!

I give it a 10 for showman ship, but only a 2 for convincability.

Johnlove

It most certainly is. I posted the verse right in my response. Didn't you see it? Here is the verse I quoted from Luke:

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;
Yes Luke goes one to say how foolish it is not to obey God’s commandments.

(Luke 6:47 -49) “'Why do you call me, "Lord, Lord" and not do what I say? 'Everyone who comes to me and listens to my words and acts on them -- I will show you what such a person is like. Such a person is like the man who, when he built a house, dug, and dug deep, and laid the foundations on rock; when the river was in flood it bore down on that house but could not shake it, it was so well built. But someone who listens and does nothing is like the man who built a house on soil, with no foundations; as soon as the river bore down on it, it collapsed; and what a ruin that house became!'”

Also Jesus must have been speaking to those who had not been forgiven their past sins. Not baptized in his name, and could not have been given the Holy Spirit to stop them from sinning.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We disciples of Yeshua (Jesus) have a belief that although some people are misled, that Satan can't truly enter a person who has faith in G-d. Do you deny that? (I am speaking to the OP)

Johnlove

We disciples of Yeshua (Jesus) have a belief that although some people are misled, that Satan can't truly enter a person who has faith in G-d. Do you deny that? (I am speaking to the OP)
A person who is truly in God is as follows.

Where God makes a home that is his kingdom, and there is no sin/devil in God’s kingdom.

So no Satan can’t enter one who is in God, and God is in him or her.

Faith in God means one is in God and has faith.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Is that so? Again all you have is your opinion?

It's not an opinion.
but for you....let's say if.....
IF someone wanted to undo the formation of Man.....(I believe the Fallen desire it)
then helping to spread deception such an agenda does not exist.

If you don't know you have an assassin at your reach....he could stand right beside you.

but maybe you don't believe in God and heaven.
maybe you never heard of fallen angels....

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
26475280-Illustration-from-a-1583-edition-of-Foxe-s-Book-of-Martyrs-showing-Papists-torturing-Protestants-in--Stock-Photo.jpg

foxe-s-book-of-martyrs-c1780-hand-col.-martyrdom-of-robert-samuel-suffolk-%5B2%5D-27477-p.jpg

51i6%2BFQjnLL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

InChrist

Free4ever
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Most Christians believe one who sins by not living God’s Word will go to heaven anyway.

Jesus told us who would go to Heaven with him, and it is not those who sin.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

I believe the people who fostered the Reformation, brought a teaching from Satan, and made people believe it was from God.

Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.

I believe the Reformers were led by Satan to misunderstand Paul’s writings.

Paul clearly states that one who sins will not enter the kingdom of God.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Some of the Reformers discounted the above scripture as if they are speaking to others, not those who believe what the Reformers said.

Yes I believe those people were brain washed by the devil.

ALL people do wrong - so what now? Nobody goes to your Heaven?

Paul also obviously got a lot of what Jesus said - very wrong.

As to 1Corithians 6:9-19 - you are using a mistranslation. There are no sodomites, homosexuals, etc., in that text, as we have shown numerous times.

As for Satan, - there is no evil Satan in Tanakh, he is a servant of YHVH doing his job of testing, and bringing those found wanting - before God to accuse them. That is also how he first appears in the Christian Bible, - he tests Jesus before he starts his mission.

Also - there is no OT (Old Testament,) it is current for today's Jewish people, so perhaps you should show some respect, and ask what they wish you to refer to it as. A Jewish member in the past - asked us to use Tanakh.

Johnlove

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

Yes people quote that part of John’s letter, and how they can do so without feeling totally dishonest, I sure don’t understand.

Do you believe John was telling those Children of God who can’t sin, that they need not tell anyone? Do you believe that John was saying they were liars if they shared they no longer sinned?

I don’t believe people, when they quote 1 John 1:8-10 they expect any intelligent person to use that as to believe everyone still sins.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

May be people stop reading John after they misread 1 John 1:8-10 so they can continue to feel righteous even though they still sin.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Most Christians believe one who sins by not living God’s Word will go to heaven anyway.

Jesus told us who would go to Heaven with him, and it is not those who sin.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

I believe the people who fostered the Reformation, brought a teaching from Satan, and made people believe it was from God.

Those people made people believe that it took God almost sixteen hundred years to bring people the true Gospel.

I believe the Reformers were led by Satan to misunderstand Paul’s writings.

Paul clearly states that one who sins will not enter the kingdom of God.

(1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”

Some of the Reformers discounted the above scripture as if they are speaking to others, not those who believe what the Reformers said.

Yes I believe those people were brain washed by the devil.
I get your beliefs, but why do you hold them? What evidence do you have to support this line of thinking?