• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have issues with Islam

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

..... so there is not a Muslim Council for Great Britain?
So there are no Muslim Leaders in Great Britain?
... so there are no Imams in Great Britain?
.... so there are no influential Muslims in Great Britain?

Check it out......., you might learn something?
Where did you get that from? I never said that...

catch22

what I'm saying is that I am deeply troubled by any system of religion that institutes laws that force an entire nation to treat people in such a cruel and inhumane way because it is the law of Almighty God according to some ancient texts.

I am venting my frustration because it makes me very sick and it is a problem in our world today that affects the lives of countless millions of people.

You aren't alone in your questioning nor frustration with Islam. If you're up for a quick go around in the origins of Islam, you should start asking questions about how it sprung up, what it replaced, and the legitimacy of its founder.

In doing this, I discovered it was founded by either a demonic spiritual attack or epilepsy. Maybe both. Hard to say. Neither is divine, however, and neither should be trusted as the basis for any authority.

It's not really a deep read into the quran to see it's not a religion of peace, nor is their god merciful, etc. What I'm saying is, it may pose as an abrahamic religion, but it's something else.

Sakeenah

You aren't alone in your questioning nor frustration with Islam. If you're up for a quick go around in the origins of Islam, you should start asking questions about how it sprung up, what it replaced, and the legitimacy of its founder.

In doing this, I discovered it was founded by either a demonic spiritual attack or epilepsy. Maybe both. Hard to say. Neither is divine, however, and neither should be trusted as the basis for any authority.

It's not really a deep read into the quran to see it's not a religion of peace, nor is their god merciful, etc. What I'm saying is, it may pose as an abrahamic religion, but it's something else.

Its an abrahamic religion..its all I have to say in this thread..I see no point In discussing with people who arent willing to stop for 1 sec and read what others have to say. But keep repeating the same arguments over and over again. This shows me that a person is discussing a topic for the sake of debating and 'proving ' that others are wrong.. Instead of trying to understand others view point..or at least respecting if you don't agree. But please continue if that makes you feel intellectual.

Last edited:

Sakeenah

Sure, it says that. It says that Abraham was a Muslim too, but that wasn't true then, and it isn't true now.

Could you explain me what the word Muslim means linguistically and when its used within the Quran?

No copy and paste please just explain me in simple terms

catch22

Could you explain me what the word Muslim means linguistically and when its used within the Quran?

No copy and paste please just explain me in simple terms

It means a follower of islam. Islam didn't exist in Abraham's time. Honestly, I see what you're trying to do here because the arabic root means submission/surrender to the one true God. But coming along 1500 years later and saying he was a muslim does not make him a muslim.

Would be like Nazis saying all german people forever were actually Nazis, prior to nazis existing. Sorry, but no.

This wouldn't be anything more than the a mincing of words if indeed the god of the quran was the same god of Israel.

Are you going to tell me you worship the God of Israel? Please, I'd love to hear it.

Sakeenah

It means a follower of islam. Islam didn't exist in Abraham's time. Honestly, I see what you're trying to do here because the arabic root means submission/surrender to the one true God. But coming along 1500 years later and saying he was a muslim does not make him a muslim.

Would be like Nazis saying all german people forever were actually Nazis, prior to nazis existing. Sorry, but no.

This wouldn't be anything more than the a mincing of words if indeed the god of the quran was the same god of Israel.

Are you going to tell me you worship the God of Israel? Please, I'd love to hear it.

Its good that you would love to hear that :) because as a Muslim I worship the god of Israel..who was a prophet peace be upon him..and the same god Moses,Abraham and Jesus worshipped.

A Muslim..is simply an Arabic term for the one who surrenders himself to the will of god. Abraham did this which makes him in that sense a Muslim.

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador

Close, but not quite on target.

A hint-- all people that submit to serving God and follow the teachings of the Prophets(PBUT) are performing the act of Islam

A person who performs the act of Islam is a Muslim all Jews and those before them that followed the prophets revealed to them performed the act of Islam.
All Christians that followed the teachings of Jesus(as) performed the act of Islam

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Its good that you would love to hear that :) because as a Muslim I worship the god of Israel..who was a prophet peace be upon him..and the same god Moses,Abraham and Jesus worshipped.

A Muslim..is simply an Arabic term for the one who surrenders himself to the will of god. Abraham did this which makes him in that sense a Muslim.
If a Christian surrenders themselves to the will of God does that make them a Muslim?

Sakeenah

If a Christian surrenders themselves to the will of God does that make them a Muslim?

In islam..If a Christian surrenders to the will of god..means he will accept that god chose prophets like abraham,noah,Moses,Jesus and Muhammed to call people to the worship of one god and following the example of those messengers. If a Christian accepts this he's a Muslim..

Woodrow LI

IB Ambassador
Yes if they truly submitted to God. and follow the teachings of all the Prophets that have been revealed.

Those that lived before Muhammad(saaws) that would be all the Prophets revealed to the Jews plus John the Baptist and Jesus, Those born after Muhammad(saaws) that would be all of the Prophets revealed to the Jews plus John the Baptist, Plus Jesus Plus Muhammad

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Did you actually watch that news report?

It was about Muslims attacking European Embassies in Syria over cartoon effigies of Muhammad.

Now....... you need to focus on the simple fact that street murders such as Lee Rigby's, or Islamic Extremist terrorists attempts discovered and put doiwn by our intelligence services........ etc etc.... don't seem to get much attatention from your Leaders. Oh sorry...... you don't have any leaders.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Where did you get that from? I never said that...

Good!
We're all on the same page after all...... that's lovely....

What I don't understand is how you write stuff like :-
Regarding the ayatollah being a respected religious leader? I'll get back to y'all when I'm done dying of laughter.
Would you like to enlarge upon that?
I tell you straight....... any facetious approach in respect of one sect or another just ain't going to help. It certainly won't help to reduce the killing........
I'm just sayin'.......

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My God!
You picked a bad one there.
Moslem extremists were going round in East London, trying to apply Sharia Law, and the speaker who seems as if he is criticising their actions then says
'....... of course, I cannot go to them and tell them that they are breaking the law.....'

You should watch your own videos, my friend..... they are showing exactly what I have previously told you about......