• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God exists why is he hiding?

I just feel if God really does exist, his existence, if it is that important to us, it should be a lot more intuitive than it is. Couldn't he have created evidence of his existence much much clearer than it is if he/she/it exists? Evidence as clear to us as the existence of the moon. He would not punish us for doubting the existence of the moon so why should he punish us for an entity which is far more obscure?

Doesn't make any sense, does it? Just another nail in the Christian-Muslim theology coffin.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Wishful thinking.
You're beginning to sound like a broken record. I'm old enough and been around the block enough to know the difference. Problem is, you're not a counselor, so you don't have either the information or the expertise to make such a call.

sojourner

Doesn't make any sense, does it? Just another nail in the Christian-Muslim theology coffin.
Hmmm...
Xian and Muslim theology are two quite different animals.
The box you're referring to must be a box of Hoyo de Monterreys.:cool:

sojourner

That's because there is wishful thinking all over this thread.
To say nothing of the unbridled skepticism and empirical assumption all over the thread, to which you are contributing.
Ad hominem.
That's not going to work.
Not an ad hominem. You're not a counselor. Therefore, your assumptions carry no weight. In a court of law, a witness giving expert testimony must be determined to actually be an expert in that field.

Your refutation doesn't work.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
To say nothing of the unbridled skepticism and empirical assumption all over the thread, to which you are contributing.

Another ad hominem?
If it didn't work before, why would it work now?

Not an ad hominem. You're not a counselor. Therefore, your assumptions carry no weight. In a court of law, a witness giving expert testimony must be determined to actually be an expert in that field.

Your refutation doesn't work.

I don't have to be a counselor to point out a fallacy. :facepalm:
And even if i were, what i have said wouldn't become true because of it.
That would be making use of an appeal to authority which is another fallacy.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
How are greed, avarice and envy "disobeying?" Or dissipation for that matter? Show me the laws.

I have no clue what you are getting at here.

Ha! You're hiding because you insist on believing that "God is gone forever." How do you know?

Well he hasn't unquestionably appeared to begin with, and he certainly hasn't come back.

We can turn from God so we don't have to see God. God's not going to force us to look.

You are trying to say the opposite though, that we can hid from god. Which is, once again, impossible according to your definition of god.

Oh? How? How does God hide? I look around and see God everywhere. Why don't you?

I don't have any reason, observing or experiencing anything in the universe, to think there is one. So why don't you tell me even one way in which you can see god?

some think too much and feel too little...

Yes, pushing away logic is definitely a good idea.

How can God be absent, if God doesn't exist??? How can one "blame" something that you claim is "non-existent?"

I'll never understand why theists seem to think this is a lapse in logic. I am discussing THE HYPOTHETICAL that god exists. If he does, he is absent. Or he doesn't exist. Obviously I think that latter is the case. But I am discussing the reasons why the former would be true, as a HYPOTHETICAL. The main question here being, if this awesome and intelligent being exists, why he isn't more present and helpful.

**cough** Jesus **cough**

Some guy that supposedly existed 2000 years ago and performed miracles that can only be shown to have happened by an ancient book obviously written by ancient men. Miracles that have no more evidence than ones found in other holy books from other religions. And from whom came a message that was not new or particularly super transcendentally intelligent.

wait until you take your foot out of your mouth.

I mistakenly did not finish the phrase in that sentence. It was supposed to read "especially children suffering and dying from terrible diseases he could easily prevent or cure."

outhouse

Atheistically
if god was real and not hiding, you think he would have taught his only kid how to read and write, then he could have used one of those many miracles to make the paper he wrote upon not burn like the bush that moses was talking to. Heck could have used the burning bush to make the paper out of.

Then we wouldnt have a book based on unknown authors who wrote about jesus and never knew or even seen him.