• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is having sex without a relationship aka a one time thing a Morally wrong thing and if so why ?

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Why would these be mutually exclusive?
They may or may not be mutually exclusive...I had a male acquaintance who bolstered his ego by sleeping with underage girls and married women. He also liked to 'out' the adulterous wives he slept with or so he said.... I asked him, "Why do that to a family?".....He said, "They deserved it."....He was married with four children..
Link

Massimo2002

They may or may not be mutually exclusive...I had a male acquaintance who bolstered his ego by sleeping with underage girls and married women. He also liked to 'out' the adulterous wives he slept with or so he said.... I asked him, "Why do that to a family?".....He said, "They deserved it."....He was married with four children..
Link
That's pretty sad.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Link

Some people need to find better outlets for their spiritual injuries.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I know that some may be offended by this sexual question but a lot of people have sex without a relationship with a stranger and I am wondering what this would mean morally if it means anything morally.
For me it's not a question of morals, but a question of wisdom. Given all the varied circumstances that others have pointed out, is it a wise thing to do?

Massimo2002

For me it's not a question of morals, but a question of wisdom. Given all the varied circumstances that others have pointed out, is it a wise thing to do?
I do not know if it is a wise thing to do but I do know that it is an emotional thing to do.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not know if it is a wise thing to do but I do know that it is an emotional thing to do.
Maybe, maybe not. Some folks are far less emotional than others. It is most definitely a physical thing. In the inner teachings of Hinduism, the subtle nerve currents, called nadis, get connected with each sexual encounter, and colloquially, that may be why it's called 'connections'.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Sometimes it can not only be an emotional but also logical. If someone doesn't feel comfortable or ready fir a romantic or long term relationship and the other person is STD free according to their medical records and both use protection and birth control methods it may work for some folk. I mean some people are aromantic but not asexual and some folk just don't want a long term romantic relationship that's ok. The only wise thing is if one decides to have a one night stand is to consider the risks mitigate them and consider the benefits if they wish to do so and their is consent on all sides.

Massimo2002

Sometimes it can not only be an emotional but also logical. If someone doesn't feel comfortable or ready fir a romantic or long term relationship and the other person is STD free according to their medical records and both use protection and birth control methods it may work for some folk. I mean some people are aromantic but not asexual and some folk just don't want a long term romantic relationship that's ok. The only wise thing is if one decides to have a one night stand is to consider the risks mitigate them and consider the benefits if they wish to do so and their is consent on all sides.
Aromantic ?