• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the end near for Trump?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Which sources do you currently rely on?
To be honest, I don’t rely on any of them. Yesterday I was listening to NPR - I looked through Newsmax - I viewed at Yahoo that was quoting from Fox...

At this point, I basically just get the titles and know that something happened.

The politicians from both sides hype everything, twist everything and divide everything.

Who can I trust? Good question!

I do trust God and the Bible and know that prayer helps. More and more I am just listening and reading the “good news” of the Bible.

Dao Hao Now

At this point, I basically just get the titles and know that something happened.

I do trust God and the Bible and know that prayer helps. More and more I am just listening and reading the “good news” of the Bible.
So your method of determining what’s going on in the world is reading headlines to be aware that something was reported to have happened and then reading the Bible and praying to fill in the details?

Kenny

Premium Member
So your method of determining what’s going on in the world is reading headlines to be aware that something was reported to have happened and then reading the Bible and praying to fill in the details?
Do you really think you know what is happening behind the scene that they give in public?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A source that reports news without bias :D
That does not exist. Human beings are naturally biased. You have on the left and right very biased sources and some in the middle that are minimally biased. This chart is what I use as a guide and try to stay in the middle and the upper two rows. https://adfontesmedia.com/wp-conten...rt-12.0_Jan-2024-Unlicensed-Social-scaled.jpg

Media-Bias-Chart-12.0_Jan-2024-Unlicensed-Social

Kenny

Premium Member
That does not exist. Human beings are naturally biased. You have on the left and right very biased sources and some in the middle that are minimally biased. This chart is what I use as a guide and try to stay in the middle and the upper two rows.

Media-Bias-Chart-12.0_Jan-2024-Unlicensed-Social
Now…. the question is, is the person who made this report unbiased.

I just read about the times when Snopes was caught at being biased. So who is fact checking the fact checkers.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you believe that reading only a headline and then opening the Bible and praying gives you an insight behind the scene that they give in public?
Of course not. But prayers brings those things that people do in secret behind the scenes to the front for everyone to see. So when I read the headlines of that Georgia DA having her wonderful relationship with the prosecutor, I say “WOW - Prayer works!"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I just read about the times when Snopes was caught at being biased. So who is fact checking the fact checkers.
It's an old old problem: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

People make mistakes. Heaven knows how many errors we all make. Organizations should be transparent about how they come up with reporting and be open to correct mistakes. If they are, I'm not concerned about the occasional error. I like what they've written: Is the Media Bias Chart...Biased? | Ad Fontes Media

Kenny

Premium Member
The problem that we experience in our minds has much to do with what we put in our mind.

I remember years ago we started to listen to our local 530 PM news followed the 6:00 pm news and then the 6:30 PM news and then the 7 world news.

After a month or so, my wife started saying “Lock all the windows; make sure the doors are locked; did you check the bathroom windows?” With all the bad news, fear set in.

We hear all the bad news and then people start saying “ALL THEM DEMS ARE COMMUNISTS; or ALL THEM REP ARE FAR RIGHT CRAZIES” and the divisions set in. We listen to the news and all of a sudden “EVERYONE ONE IS RACIST” or “EVERY RICH PERSON IS GREEDY” - and divisons sets in.

No.. I prefer getting the good news and praying. Life is so much happier and freer.

Last edited:

Dao Hao Now

But prayers brings those things that people do in secret behind the scenes to the front for everyone to see.
Wouldn’t “bringing things people do in secret behind the scenes to the front for everyone to see”….be what “news” is, which makes it “the scene”?
Since you agree that reading only headlines and then opening the Bible and praying doesn’t give you insight, even though that is your method….
do you consider yourself well informed?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Same guy who is watching the watchmen.

Kenny

Premium Member
Wouldn’t “bringing things people do in secret behind the scenes to the front for everyone to see”….be what “news” is, which makes it “the scene”?
Since you agree that reading only headlines and then opening the Bible and praying doesn’t give you insight, even though that is your method….
do you consider yourself well informed?
Sounds like you are bothered about my life and living…. why? What qualifies as “well informed”. I pray for Biden and I prayed for Trump.

Dao Hao Now

Sounds like you are bothered about my life and living…. why? What qualifies as “well informed”. I pray for Biden and I prayed for Trump.
No not bothered at all, just curious.

When @Subduction Zone cited Fox news reporting on a Fox news poll, you commented:
You have to get a better news source!
This seemed to indicate that you believed Fox news to being a sub-par news source (despite the fact that they were reporting on a poll that they conducted).

So I asked your opinion on who might be a more reliable news source.
After some hemming and hawing, you revealed that you basically only read headlines and then turn to the Bible and pray.
At which point I asked you if that was the method you use to determine what’s going on in the world….i.e. as a means of staying informed with current events.

To which you replied:
Do you really think you know what is happening behind the scene that they give in public?
This seemed to be a non-sequitur.
So asked if your method gave you the insight you seemed to feel I was missing.

I presumed the purpose of turning to the Bible and praying would be an attempt to gain insight;
was I wrong in this regard?
At this point you conceded that it didn’t.

Putting aside you claim that “prayer works” based on some news coming out about the Georgia DA…..(another non-sequitur)
It seemed a logical rejoinder to ask….
since, by your own admission your method of staying informed of current events was restricted to mostly reading only headlines, whether you felt this was sufficient to be well informed.
Since I was asking of your impression I’m more than happy to use interpretation of what “well informed” may be.
Though I would respectfully reserve the right to question what that impression may be depending on your answer.

Kenny

Premium Member
This seemed to indicate that you believed Fox news to being a sub-par news source (despite the fact that they were reporting on a poll that they conducted).

That statement was a double-edged sword.

1st, I find that they really pander with exaggerated statements to stir strife and sell news. (I fell for it for a time)
2nd, the poster who quoted it always said, “Get a better source” - and didn’t accept anything they said and yet now he wants to quote it as if it was a valid statement.
So I asked your opinion on who might be a more reliable news source.

I think I responded to it. Hard to find a “reliable” source.
After some hemming and hawing,

No… you just didn’t like my answer and interpret it as hemming and hawing

you revealed that you basically only read headlines and then turn to the Bible and pray.

Yes… basically that is what I do. Saves a lot of time too.

At which point I asked you if that was the method you use to determine what’s going on in the world….i.e. as a means of staying informed with current events.

I think if you read the headlines, you can pretty much determine what is going on in the world. And I asked you what determines “in depth” when you really don’t know what goes on in the background

Examples:

Illegal immigrant deported 4 times accused of deadly DUI crash​

Interpretation: Porous border, Biden has poor policies, pray for the family that lost lost child and pray that common sense enters into our politicians.

Prosecutor in Trump Georgia Case Admits Relationship With Colleague​

Interpretation: Collusion, political hack job by the DA, blessing your lover with extra cash (so she can hide it under “a workman is worthy of his hire) - Prayer… “Let that which is hid be proclaimed from the rooftop”.

And things like unto these.

What I don’t understand is why does this bother you so much.

EDITED:

U.S. Water Supply System Being Targeted By Cybercriminals​

FYI - Pastors and Intercessors started prayer for our water supply across the US about a month before this was reported.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I do trust God and the Bible and know that prayer helps.
The same reliance can be found among those immersed in liberation theology on the one hand and White Christian Nationalism on the other.

I am reminded of the following ...

From all that I have attempted to say it should be clear now that sincerity and conscientiousness are not enough. History has proven that these noble virtues can be relegated to tragic vices. There is nothing more dangerous in all the world than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidy. As Shakespeare said:

“For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds,
Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.”22
As the chief moral guardian of the community, the church must implore men to be good and well-intentioned. It must extoll the virtues of kind-heartedness and conscientiousness. But somewhere along the way it must remind men that goodness and conscientiousness without intelligence may be the brutal forces that will lead to shameful crucificions. The church must never tire of reminding men that they have a moral responsibility to be intelligent. [source; emphasis added - JS]