• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the end near for Trump?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news...
Excerpted...
Nikki Haley had an eye-popping month of fundraising in January, hauling in almost as much cash as the prior three months combined, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The Haley campaign has the money to keep her long-shot presidential bid alive, even as many leaders in her party have called for the GOP primary to come to an end.
  • Haley raised $16.5 million in January, including $11.7 million from grassroots supporters, according to her campaign.
  • The campaign also added 69,274 new donors last month.
Zoom in: Haley brought in more than $5 million in online grassroots donations the week after New Hampshire. She saw a surge in support after Trump threatened to bar any Haley donor from "MAGA camp."

Colt

Even FOX News may think so. A recent poll has Biden beating Trump by 50 to 44 percent. I wonder how Nikki is polling? Oh, she still beats Biden.

Let's hope Trump fades away, but it appears he's closer than he was. There is a trend developing among young, pro-Palestinian Biden supporters that do NOT like his support for Israel! Also, Biden may be losing black and Latinos voters. The question remains though how Trump will deal with the Gaza conflict. Will Trump try to spin Gaza and blame Bidens apparent weakness for the attack on Israel? Will Trump exploit some aspect of the "genocide Joe" claim???

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Examples:

Illegal immigrant deported 4 times accused of deadly DUI crash​

Interpretation: Porous border, Biden has poor policies, pray for the family that lost lost child and pray that common sense enters into our politicians.

Prosecutor in Trump Georgia Case Admits Relationship With Colleague​

Interpretation: Collusion, political hack job by the DA, blessing your lover with extra cash (so she can hide it under “a workman is worthy of his hire) - Prayer… “Let that which is hid be proclaimed from the rooftop”.
Shockingly bad and shallow "interpretations."

How do you know that illegal immigrant arrived during Biden's watch? Biden's policies are the same as Trump's policies -- remember, Trump invoked Title 42, and Biden kept it! Biden was accused of being "harsh," because Human Rights Watch said the policy was "illegal and violates the human rights of those subjected to it".

How is having a relationship "collusion?" Are you the person who gets to decide who Fanni Willis has a relationship with? Why, because you're a man and she's a woman, and all men have a right to tell all women what to do? "Political hack job?" I guess you were reading the Bible while Trump was exhorting his hordes to go to the Capitol, and you were busy praying while he spent over 3 hours gloating over his dining room TV as his toadies defiled the Senate and House, breaking doors and windows and leaving feces in the process.

"Lety that which was hid..." So everybody should proclaim their private business from the rooftops? You too?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let's hope Trump fades away, but it appears he's closer than he was. There is a trend developing among young, pro-Palestinian Biden supporters that do NOT like his support for Israel! Also, Biden may be losing black and Latinos voters. The question remains though how Trump will deal with the Gaza conflict. Will Trump try to spin Gaza and blame Bidens apparent weakness for the attack on Israel? Will Trump exploit some aspect of the "genocide Joe" claim???
I fully expect that if Trump wins, we'll
have Diaspora Don, because supporting
Israel is very important to his fundie Magas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are many (R)'s like me that are done with Trump. I don't see how there are enough supporters to push him over the top, but it does look closer than I would have thought!
Don't underestimate Biden's
ability to lose the election.
L210519c-small.jpg

RestlessSoul

Stupid blocking of the chart.

View attachment 87795

The problem is that when the rate of inflation comes down, that doesn't mean prices are coming down, even in real terms. It just means they're not going up as fast. If wages are stagnant, and have been outstripped by inflation, people are still going to feel poorer every time they go shopping or pay a bill.

Last edited:

Clizby Wampuscat

Even FOX News may think so. A recent poll has Biden beating Trump by 50 to 44 percent. I wonder how Nikki is polling? Oh, she still beats Biden.

Not sure it is as dire as you think. Look at this site:

and if you look at these:

Trump is leading in NV, AZ, WI, MI, GA. Not saying Trump is going to win, no one knows, but the poll you reference seems off.

JIMMY12345

Do not trust Polls.Trust the guy with most money.This is the true definition of democracy EG adverts radio stations propaganda. Bet Trump wins POTUS 24.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do not trust Polls.Trust the guy with most money.This is the true definition of democracy EG adverts radio stations propaganda. Bet Trump wins POTUS 24.
Trump is almost out of money. A lot of his wealth is either a sham or tied up in real estate and not readily available. The E, Jean Carroll case is just the beginning. He has also been found guilty of civil tax fraud in New York state and the judge is just figuring out how many hundreds of millions of dollars that it will cost Trump.

By the way, he can appeal both cases, but to do so he has to come up with all of the cash to that has to be put into escrow first. And Trump has already been tapping campaign donations to pay for his lawyers and new funds are not coming in quickly as people are beginning to see through Trump. In other words, Trump's financial woes have now also become the financial woes of the Republican party.

Dao Hao Now

I think if you read the headlines, you can pretty much determine what is going on in the world. And I asked you what determines “in depth” when you really don’t know what goes on in the background
I’ll take that as a tacit reply in the affirmative as to whether you consider yourself well informed.

In addition, based on your interpretations of your sample headlines, I feel I have a pretty good grasp of what your interpretation of “well informed” constitutes.

As far as “in depth”; I would think that a bare minimum would include going beyond a cursory perusal of headlines.

What I don’t understand is why does this bother you so much.
Once again, it doesn’t bother me at all.
What would lead you to presume it does?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In the news...
Excerpted...
Nikki Haley had an eye-popping month of fundraising in January, hauling in almost as much cash as the prior three months combined, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The Haley campaign has the money to keep her long-shot presidential bid alive, even as many leaders in her party have called for the GOP primary to come to an end.
  • Haley raised $16.5 million in January, including $11.7 million from grassroots supporters, according to her campaign.
  • The campaign also added 69,274 new donors last month.
Zoom in: Haley brought in more than $5 million in online grassroots donations the week after New Hampshire. She saw a surge in support after Trump threatened to bar any Haley donor from "MAGA camp."
It's really a crying shame when people think the one who's going to win an election is the one who raises the most money.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The same reliance can be found among those immersed in liberation theology on the one hand and White Christian Nationalism on the other.

I am reminded of the following ...
Yes… there are always nuances in any type of group of people

Kenny

Premium Member
I’ll take that as a tacit reply in the affirmative as to whether you consider yourself well informed.

In addition, based on your interpretations of your sample headlines, I feel I have a pretty good grasp of what your interpretation of “well informed” constitutes.

As far as “in depth”; I would think that a bare minimum would include going beyond a cursory perusal of headlines.

When you find a reliable source…. yes.

If you find my position isn’t “in-depth” - I welcome any correction with empirical and verifiable evidence.

Once again, it doesn’t bother me at all.
What would lead you to presume it does?

Because it seems like you want to make an issue out of something that shouldn’t be?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Shockingly bad and shallow "interpretations."

How do you know that illegal immigrant arrived during Biden's watch? Biden's policies are the same as Trump's policies -- remember, Trump invoked Title 42, and Biden kept it! Biden was accused of being "harsh," because Human Rights Watch said the policy was "illegal and violates the human rights of those subjected to it".

How is having a relationship "collusion?" Are you the person who gets to decide who Fanni Willis has a relationship with? Why, because you're a man and she's a woman, and all men have a right to tell all women what to do? "Political hack job?" I guess you were reading the Bible while Trump was exhorting his hordes to go to the Capitol, and you were busy praying while he spent over 3 hours gloating over his dining room TV as his toadies defiled the Senate and House, breaking doors and windows and leaving feces in the process.

"Lety that which was hid..." So everybody should proclaim their private business from the rooftops? You too?

And you get your information from where?