• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there Really only one True Religion?

Etritonakin

You will forgive me... but this seems like a jerk move to me.
Putting off so many of his children for so many thousands of years is abandonment... it doesn't matter if he intends on checking in on us when he's done. Especially he is threatening to torture us for eternity if we don't act happy to finally see him.

If I leave my son in a car with the windows up on a hot summer day, it doesn't matter if I'm just away for a few minutes or for a few hours... I'm still a neglectful parent.

wa:do

(If you do not understand what I'm saying below, please disregard -it may not be meant for you)

NO! He did not abrandon us! We rejected HIM -and he knew it would continue!
He did not put US off -WE put HIM off -and he knew our offspring would also!

If your son rejects you and runs away, I hope you will check to see if he is ready to return from time to time! If your son rejects you, runs away -does not return -and turns his children against you -I hope you would not begrudge them their IGNORANCE!
God does not begrudge you yours! (though for what you willfully do there is much judgment stored up)

Psa 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

Isa 10:1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
Isa 10:2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
Isa 10:3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory? Isa 10:4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.

Sure wish I could help!

"grievousness which they have prescribed;"

This remedy will not work.

Isa 1:5 Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
Isa 1:6 From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
Isa 1:7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Punch a hole through your compartment before it is too late! You can have no secrets -and he has blinded you! Only God can give you vision -or keep "him" from vision -if you change!
DO NOT HAVE FAITH IN THE SYSTEM YOU BUILT FOR "HIM"! It is the non-spiritual aspect of HOW THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE (though he also understands "dark sentences")......

Eze 28:1 The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
Eze 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:
Eze 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Eze 28:6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;
Eze 28:7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness. (These are the "kings of the east" -not us)

You cannot kill the beast -only God can restrain him!
Kill the one below!>>>

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
NO! He did not abrandon us! We rejected HIM -and he knew it would continue!
He did not put US off -WE put HIM off -and he knew our offspring would also!

If your son rejects you and runs away, I hope you will check to see if he is ready to return from time to time! If your son rejects you, runs away -does not return -and turns his children against you -I hope you would not begrudge them their IGNORANCE!
God does not begrudge you yours! (though for what you willfully do there is much judgment stored up)
Actually I would patiently try to work with my grandchildren to show them what I am really like. At the very least I'd leave them on my "Christmas card list" and not simply cut off all communication with them. If nothing else their children may see my efforts.

I should think God would have at least sent an occasional postcard... or tweet.

And the Bible is filled with oddities that hint at it's got imagination as good as the run of the mill sci-fi novel. Given God knew we would discover genetics and germs, it's hard to imagine leaving certain stories in the book.
Also, why if there were twelve apostles are there only four of them who made it into the book? Surely even Judas would have had some deep truths and value to add to the understanding of Jesus and God?

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
You don't seem to get my point. It's not about the law itself but a solution to save those shall be dead in front of Law. Other relgions never provide such a solution. While no one can keep the "Law" defined by the originated dogma, only Christianity provides a solution such that those failed to comply the Law can still be saved (through Jesus Christ) as a gift of God's Grace.
Perhaps you missed the fact that just about every religion is about purifying yourself so you can join God's presence.
Even the Jewish faith is deeply concerned with this... they just don't rely on a proxy to save themselves.

Geez, since when I even remotely hinted that Christianity is the only religion which has a Bible or equivalent! It's not about whether there is a book like the Bible, it's about how the book is written!!!!!! Witnessing is emphasized in writing the Bible but not other books. Other books are mostly from a person claiming receiving divine visions from God then write them down but without witnessing emphasized.
So what about religions where the individuals witness personally not from a book?

1. Religion is about faith. Yet not all religions have the self-awareness to realise that they themselves are of faith. From my speculation, only Abrahamic religions have such a self-awareness. The main theme is "you are saved by faith" or "you need faith to be saved".
Really? You need to keep learning about other faiths.
2. Ultimately, a 'true' religion is about how one's after life is, which is the only part where 'FAITH' is demanded the most. Because we don't know what life will be after death, we need faith either to believe life continues, or we need the same amount of faith to believe that life ceases to continue after death.
Pretty basic for nearly all religions.
3. Now how practical religion is to address the question like "will life continue, or does soul exist?". To put it another way, how practical religions are in offering the saving of souls, that is, how practical the salvation theology is.

Amongst all religions, only Christianity offers the solution of Sin Atonement. All others are almost exclusively about the supressing of sin using strict rules which at least humans today can hardly abide by. They can't be practical enough to save human souls.
Hardly... Most religions have purification rituals for the atonement of the individual when they stumble. Few rely on someone else to save them but work toward saving themselves. Christians have the weakest form of atonement for their sins of all the major faiths I've ever studied. You just have to say "woops"... Hardly inspiring IMHO.
4. Everyone can claim that he's inspired from God. What is needed at least theologically to distinguish the truth from the fake? It is witnessing! By the religion of the Jews, and it is emphasized in both OT and NT that false witnessing is a dead sin. Chritianity is developed by witnessing, at least so theologically speaking. Jesus Christ's deed is declared to be witnessed. Christianity spreaded so quickly because it is said that (theologicall at least) Jesus Christ's disciples are willing to die as a witnessing for His death, resurrection and ascension.
Perhaps you missed how many Jews, Native Americans, Native Australians, Native Africans and so on died to preserve and defend their religions?
Christians are hardly unique... Honestly bringing up your ancient martyrs is hardly going to convince people who have martyrs much closer in memory.
5. If it is said that the prophets can deliver messages from God, how will they know that those messages are truly from God the high power, instead of delusion and such? Again, theologically at least, prophecies and miracles are brain independent. And God may use them to confirm that the messages are from a higher power.
This does nothing to support your case... Just about every religion does this.
6. Humans are imperfect. Jesus makes a difference because His deity is known to His followers. God will choose a group of imperfect minds to craft the Bible such that His will will be done through the Holy Bible, by the hands of the imperfect humans. This is also a factor of witnessing. A group of prophets acting consistently saying the same thing as part of the witnessing of His truth is theologically sound instead of through a single person.
How is Buddha any different in this regard? Or Hiawatha? Or White Buffalo Woman?
7. God knows the past and He knows the future. Has any God presented his case about a prophecy for his own religion and the book his inspired? Other than Christian God, it seems none. And God sent out His challenge for the false gods long time ago through His prophet Isaiah.
Yeah and there are plenty of people that will point out that Isaiah could just as easily have been warning the Jews against Jesus. People read into the story what they want to hear... Some Muslims claim he was talking about Mohammad ...that is the nature of most prophecies.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
At the very least I'd leave them on my "Christmas card list" and not simply cut off all communication with them.
maybe the problem isn't with transmission, it's with reception...
Given God knew we would discover genetics and germs, it's hard to imagine leaving certain stories in the book.
God didn't write the Bible. You know that, right?
Also, why if there were twelve apostles are there only four of them who made it into the book?
Actually, the Bible mentions more than twelve. Remember Paul? And what about Matthias?
Are you speaking of the gospels? you do realize, of course, that the ascription of the various gospels to apostles is tenuous at best?
Perhaps you missed the fact that just about every religion is about purifying yourself so you can join God's presence.
Even the Jewish faith is deeply concerned with this... they just don't rely on a proxy to save themselves.
Jesus wasn't a "proxy." Jesus was as much human as we are.
So what about religions where the individuals witness personally not from a book?
Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! You mean like early Christianity, right?
Really? You need to keep learning about other faiths.
Indeed!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
maybe the problem isn't with transmission, it's with reception...
I'll try not to blame the postman then. :D

God didn't write the Bible. You know that, right?
Absolutely... but I wasn't the one making the claim of the Bibles divinity. ;)

Actually, the Bible mentions more than twelve. Remember Paul? And what about Matthias?
Are you speaking of the gospels? you do realize, of course, that the ascription of the various gospels to apostles is tenuous at best?
Again, absolutely... but again, I wasn't the one claiming divine God craft to the modern Bible.

Jesus wasn't a "proxy." Jesus was as much human as we are.
By proxy I mean that his 'sacrifice' stands in for the personal sacrifice of everyone else. That is redemption comes from the work and suffering of another and not yourself.
It's just a difference of POV.

Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! You mean like early Christianity, right?
And just about any indigenous religion... many eastern religions and so on.

sojourner

By proxy I mean that his 'sacrifice' stands in for the personal sacrifice of everyone else. That is redemption comes from the work and suffering of another and not yourself.
It's just a difference of POV.
don't be so sure. I think you're over-individualizing and over-literalizing the act. Jesus represented humanity, who sacrificed himself. He also represented God sacrificing God's Self. There's something pretty darn reconciling in that representation.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
don't be so sure. I think you're over-individualizing and over-literalizing the act. Jesus represented humanity, who sacrificed himself. He also represented God sacrificing God's Self. There's something pretty darn reconciling in that representation.
That is one way of looking at it... but I have heard to many times that Jesus' death is what saves humanity. His sacrifice alone.
Like every aspects of Religion it all depends on who you ask... There are as many interpretations as there are followers.

Which is major reason why I think there is no one perfect and true religion, but rather each of us walks the path that Creator lays out for us.

Etritonakin

Actually I would patiently try to work with my grandchildren to show them what I am really like. At the very least I'd leave them on my "Christmas card list" and not simply cut off all communication with them. If nothing else their children may see my efforts.

I should think God would have at least sent an occasional postcard... or tweet.

And the Bible is filled with oddities that hint at it's got imagination as good as the run of the mill sci-fi novel. Given God knew we would discover genetics and germs, it's hard to imagine leaving certain stories in the book.
Also, why if there were twelve apostles are there only four of them who made it into the book? Surely even Judas would have had some deep truths and value to add to the understanding of Jesus and God?

Not sure what you meant about the genetics and germs, etc...

What sort of tweet would you like from God? What do you think he would tell you?

Prophecy is a bit like a tweet -though already written. God is not waiting for news to tell you -he declared the end from the beginning. If you study prophecy -sincerely -you may not only understand what is happening in the world -but what will happen next.
I can tell you all of the major world events that will take place in the near future -before and until Christ returns -and beyond -because I study -and pray for understanding.

However, God is about to do far more than tweet. The Father and Christ have never left us completely alone, but Christ will soon return to rule. God is active in our lives even now -though we may not recognize it.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Not sure what you meant about the genetics and germs, etc...
Modern knowledge makes parts of the Bible look a bit silly... or like the sorts of stories that ancient people would make up to explain their world.

What sort of tweet would you like from God? What do you think he would tell you?
Oh I know what God tells me...
But according to you that's not true... only your version of your book counts.
I can tell you we had our own prophets... but they don't count to you because they aren't written in your book.

So why should God be so provincial? Why not give other people prophets too? Is God that limited and uncaring that the rest of the world just gets to rot on the vine? People who would be very happy to live according to what you think is "gods true religion" must have were ignored and allowed to die in darkness.
Why would God lavish attention on a single people... even when they reject him... but never give another people a chance?

All the crowing about how any minute now Jesus will come back to you... does nothing to convince people for whom this god never made an introduction in the first place.
Why care if someone who never cared enough about you to say hi to you comes back?

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
I can tell you all of the major world events that will take place in the near future -before and until Christ returns -and beyond -because I study -and pray for understanding.

Initially, I had to fight off my cynical nature which wanted to respond with some sort of lame joke about giving me the next Superbowl winner or NCAA Champion.

But I am sincerely intrigued by your belief that you can personally divine the future through prayer. This is splendidly cool, if it is true. And please forgive my skepticism, but I hope you can understand why it is natural.

With all humility and no disrespect intended, I would ask that you explain how this works. How exactly are you capable of predicting "major world events" through prayer? And could you give us a sample?

sojourner

That is one way of looking at it... but I have heard to many times that Jesus' death is what saves humanity. His sacrifice alone.
Like every aspects of Religion it all depends on who you ask... There are as many interpretations as there are followers.

Which is major reason why I think there is no one perfect and true religion, but rather each of us walks the path that Creator lays out for us.

Indeed!

Etritonakin

How exactly are you capable of predicting "major world events" through prayer? And could you give us a sample?

I am not capable of predicting such. Much of the bible is God declaring what will be. Some of that God declared would not be understood until the "end times". The prophecies in the bible -though given to various people in various places at various times -are essentially all one prophecy -given by God to be recorded.

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

The succession of the major kingdoms of the world is written in the bible.

Though there were prophcies before the book of Daniel, Daniel gives an overview of the major world-ruling (non-Israelite) powers beginning with Babylon -and ending with what is about to become of the present-day E.U. (European Union) -followed by a description of Christ's kingdom on earth.

In the book of Daniel is an account of a dream God gave to king Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. In this dream he saw a huge statue with a head of gold, and other parts made of various materials -ending with feet and toes of iron and clay.
Afterward, he saw a stone fall from heaven which destroyed the statue.

The king was so troubled by the dream that he told his diviners and seers, etc... to not only tell him the interpretation of the dream, but tell him his dream -or be executed. He told no one of what he dreamed, so that he would know the interpretation was sure.

Daniel -not wanting to see any perish -prayed that God would give him understanding of the dream -and its interpretation.

Dan 2:27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
Dan 2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
Dan 2:29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
Dan 2:30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.
Dan 2:31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
Dan 2:32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
Dan 2:33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
Dan 2:36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
Dan 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.
Dan 2:39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
Dan 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
Dan 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Dan 2:42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
Dan 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Dan 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

That's essentially "how it works".
Other prophecies delve deeper into various aspects of this overview.
Modern nations are referred to in the bible -but not necessarily by their modern names. The latter part of the king's dream, above^^^, includes the Roman empire, the Hitler/Mussolini axis, and, happening now, the rise of the E.U. -with Germany at the helm -soon to be ruled by "the Assyrian" -Aryans -Nazis (and, specifically, one particularly nasty one known in the bible as "the beast" -among other names).

I think I've already posted a brief overview of what is prophesied to happen from now until Christ returns in this forum -I'll look it up rather than type it all again. Someone else was interested -I told them to keep a copy -pin it up somewhere -and reference it later -but I don't know if they did.

I once scoffed -as is "natural" -when I heard things once told to me -until I saw those things take place again and again. (Some newbs scoff at it by "prophesying" where my truck will break down after messing with it -and far worse -so I'm not really offended by a bit of humor or teasing -these things seem ridiculous until they don't!)

I'm not trying to say I'm anything special -anyone can read and pray for understanding -and, generally speaking, God is making the things written in those prophecies widely known -because we are nearing the end of the age of man's rule. Not all will believe what he reveals before it happens -but it will be "as a witness" -so that when they do come to pass they might have some sort of spiritual "bearings" -which may lead them to make the right choices (that's not very clear, but I'll explain later).

Isa 46:8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.
Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Last edited:

Rookie

A Muslim
Well is there?
Yes.There is.

The True Religion

By Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
THE RELIGION OF ISLAM

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, and Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, but only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.
Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of Allah, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah states the following:
"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)
"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)
"Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim." (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:67)
Nowhere in the Bible will you find Allah saying to Prophet Moses' people or their descendants that their religion is Judaism, nor to the followers of Christ that their religion is Christianity. In fact, Christ was not even his name, nor was it Jesus! The name "Christ" comes from the Greek word Christos which means the annointed. That is, Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew title "Messiah". The name "Jesus" on the other hand, is a latinized version of the Hebrew name Esau.
For simplicity's sake, I will however continue to refer to Prophet Esau (PBUH) as Jesus. As for his religion, it was what he called his followers to. Like the prophets before him, he called the people to surrender their will to the will of Allah; (which is Islam) and he warned them to stay away from the false gods of human imagination.
According to the New Testament, he taught his followers to pray as follows: "Yours will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".

Rookie

A Muslim
an add on to the previous post:

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM

Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, the basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, place or thing other than Allah.Since everything other than Allah, the Creator of all things, is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, in essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. If man prays to a tree and his prayers are answered, it was not the tree which answered his prayers but Allah who allowed the circumstances prayed for to take place. One might say, "That is obvious," however, to tree-worshippers it might not be. Similarly, prayers to Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna, to Saint Christopher, or Saint Jude or even to Muhammad, are not answered by them but are answered by Allah. Jesus did nottell his followers to worship him but to worship Allah. As the Qur'aan states:
"And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men, Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah He will say-"Glory to you I could never say what I had no right (to say')" (Soorah Al-Maa'idah- 5:116)
Nor did he worship himself when he worshipped but rather he worshipped Allah. This basic principle is enshrined in the opening chapter of the Qur'aan, known asSoorah Al-Faatihah, verse 4:
"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help".
Elsewhere, in the final book of revelation, the Qur'aan, Allah also said:
"And your Lord says:"Call on Me and I will answer your(prayer)."(Soorsh Mu'min 40:60)
it is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, nor is His creation Him or a part of Him.
This might seem obvious, but, man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybecalled the worship of Allah through his creation. How ever, the message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Our'aan Allah clearlystates:
"For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet,(with the command) worship meand avoid false gods " (Soorsh Al-Nahl 16:36)
When the idol worshipper is questioned as to why he or she bows down to idols created by men, the invariable reply is that they are not actually worshipping the stone image, but Allah who is present within it. They claim that the stone idol is only a focal point for Allah's essence and is not in itself Allah! One who has accepted the concept of the presence of God's being within His creation in any way will be obliged to accept this argument of idolatry. Whereas, one who understands the basic message of Islam and its implications would never concede to idolatry no matter how it is rationalized. Those who have claimed divinity for themselves down through the ages have often based their claims on the mistaken belief that Allah is present in man. They merely had to assert that although Allah according to their false beliefs, is in all of us, He is more present in them than in the rest of us. Hence, they claim, we should submit our will to them and worship them as they are either God in person or God concentrated within the person.
Similarly, those who have asserted the godhood of others after their passing have found fertile ground among those who accept the false belief of God's presence in man. One who has grasped the basic message of Islam and its implications could never agree to worship another human being under any circumstances. God's religion in essence is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form. This is the meaning of the motto of Islam:
"Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god but Allah)
Its repetition automatically brings one within the fold of Islam and sincere belief in it guarantees one Paradise.
Thus, the final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise".(Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).
It consists in the submission to Allah as one God, yielding to Him by obeying His commandments, and the denial of polytheism and polytheists.
THE MESSAGE OF FALSE RELIGION

There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to Allah. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct? The method by which the answer can be found is to clear away the superficial differences in the teachings of the various claimants to the ultimate truth, and identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or indirectly. False religions all have in common one basic concept with regards to Allah. They either claim that all men are gods or that specific men were Allah or that nature is Allah or that Allah is a figment of man's imagination.
Thus, it may be stated that the basic message of false religion is that Allah may be worshipped in the form of His creation. False religion invites man to the worship of creation by calling the creation or some aspect of it God. For example, prophet Jesus invited his followers to worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah!
Buddha was a reformer who introduced a number of humanistic principles to the religion of India. He did not claim to be God nor did he suggest to his followers that he be an object of worship. Yet, today most Buddhists who are to be found outside of India have taken him to be God and prostrate to idols made in their perception of his likeness.
By using the principle of identifying the object of worship, false religion becomes very obvious and the contrived nature of their origin clear. As God said in the Our'aan:
That which you worship besides Him are only names you and your forefathers have invented for which Allah has sent down no authority: The command belongs only to Allah:
He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". (Soorah Yoosuf 12:40)
It may be argued that all religions teach good things so why should it matter which one we follow. The reply is that all false religions teach the greatest evil, the worship of creation. Creation-worship is the greatest sin that man can commit because it contradicts the very purpose of his creation. Man was created to worship Allah alone as Allah has explicitly stated in the Our'aan:
"I have only created Jlnns and men, that they may worship me"(Soorah Zaareeyaat 51:56)
Consequently, the worship of creation, which is the essence of idolatry, is the only unforgivable sin. One who dies in this state of idolatry has sealed his fate in the next life. This is not an opinion, but a revealed fact stated by Allah in his final revelation to man:
"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes"(Soorah An- Nisaa 4:48 and 116)

Rookie

A Muslim
The last addon:

THE UNIVERSALITY OF ISLAM

Since the consequences of false religion are so grave, the true religion of Allah must be universally understandable and attainable, not confined to any people, place or time. There can not be conditions like baptism, belief in a man, as a saviour etc., for a believer to enter paradise. Within the central principle of Islam and in its definition, (the surrender of one's will to God) lies the roots of lslam's universality. Whenever man comes to the realization that Allah is one and distinct from His creation, and submits himself to Allah, he becomes a Muslim in body and spirit and is eligible for paradise. Thus, anyone at anytime in the most remote region of the world can become a Muslim, a follower of God's religion, Islam, by merely rejecting the worship of creation and by turning to Allah (God) alone-It should be noted however, that the recognition of and submission to Allah requires that one chooses between right and wrong and such a choice implies accountability. Man will be held responsible for his choices, and, as such, he should try his utmost to do good and avoid evil. The ultimate good being the worship of Allah alone and the ultimate evil being the worship of His creation along with or instead of Allah. This fact is expressed in the final revelation as follows:
"Verily those who believe, those who follow the Jewish (Scriptures), the Christians and the Sabians any who believe In Allah and the last day, and work righteousness *hall have their reward with their Lord;They will not be overcome by fear nor grief (Soorah Al-Baqarah 2:62).
If only they had stood by the law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There Is from among them a party on the right course; but many of them follow a course that Is evil.". (Soorah Al-.Maa'idah 5:66)
RECOGNITION OF ALLAH

The question which arises here is, "How can all people be expected to believe in Allah given their varying- backgrounds, societies and cultures? For people to be responsible for worshipping Allah they all have to have access to knowledge of Allah. The final revelation teaches that all mankind have the recognition of Allah imprinted on their souls, a part of their very nature with which they are created.
In Soorah Al-A'raaf, Verses 172-173; Allah explained that when He created Adam, He caused all of Adam's descendants to come into existence and took a pledge from them saying, Am I not your Lord? To which they all replied, " Yes, we testify to It:'
Allah then explained why He had all of mankind bear witness that He is their creator and only true God worthy of worship. He said, "That was In case you (mankind) should say on the day of Resurrection, "Verily we were unaware of all this." That is to say, we had no idea that You Allah, were our God. No one told us that we were only supposed to worship You alone. Allah went on to explain That it was also In case you should say, "Certainly It was our ancestors who made partners (With Allah) and we are only their descendants; will You then destroy us for what those liars did?" Thus, every child is born with a natural belief in Allah and an inborn inclination to worship Him alone called in Arabic the "Fitrah".
If the child were left alone, he would worship Allah in his own way, but all children are affected by those things around them, seen or unseen.
The Prophet (PBUH) reported that Allah said, "I created my servants in the right religion but devils made them go astray". The Prophet (PBUH) also said, "Each child is born in a state of "Fitrah", then his parents make him a Jew, Christian or a Zoroastrian, the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any that were born mutilated?" (Collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).

So, just as the child submits to the physical laws which Allah has put in nature, his soul also submits naturally to the fact that Allah is his Lord and Creator. But, his parents try to make him follow their own way and the child is not strong enough in the early stages of his life to resist or oppose the will of his parents. The religion which the child follows at this stage is one of custom and upbringing and Allah does not hold him to account or punish him for this religion.
Throughout people's lives from childhood until the time they die, signs are shown to them in all regions of the earth and in their own souls, until it becomes clear that there is only one true God (Allah). If the people are honest with themselves, reject their false gods and seek Allah, the way will be made easy for them but if they continually reject Allah's signs and continue to worship creation, the more difficult it will be for them to escape. For example, in the South Eastern region of the Amazon jungle in Brazil, South America, a primitive tribe erected a new hut to house their main idol Skwatch, representing the supreme God of all creation. The homage to the God, and while he was in prostration to what he had been taught was his Creator and Sustainer, a mangy old flea-ridden dog walked into the hut, The young man looked up in time to see the dog lift its hind leg and pass urine on the idol. Outraged, the youth chased the dog out of the temple, but when his rage died down he realized that the idol could not be the Lordof the universe. Allah must be elsewhere. he now had a choice to act on his knowledge and seek Allah, or to dishonestly go along with the false beliefs of his tribe. As strange as it may seem, that was a sign from Allah for that young man. It contained within it divine guidance that what he was worshipping was false.
Prophets were sent, as was earlier mentioned, to every nation and tribe to support man's natural belief in Allah and man's inborn inclination to worship Him as well as to reinforce the divine truth in the daily signs revealed by Allah. Although, in most cases, much of the prophets' teachings became distorted, portions remained which point out right and wrong. For example, the ten commandments of the Torah, their confirmation in the Gospels and the existence of laws against murder, stealing and adultery in most societies. Consequently, every soul will be held to account for its belief in Allah and its acceptance of the religion of Islam; the total submission to the will of Allah.
We pray to Allah, the exalted, to keep us on the right path to which He has guided us, and to bestow on us a blessing from Him, He is indeed the Most Merciful. Praise and gratitude be to Allah,the Lord of the worlds, and peace and blessings be on prophet Muhammed, his Family, his companions, and those who rightly follow them.​

Etritonakin

I will be pasting a few posts from another forum site.... They might get a bit confusing, as some are replies to other posts -parts of which are quoted therein, so bear that in mind. In blue is an extremely brief overview of events from now until the return of Christ. Later posts will explain in more detail. >>>>

There are prophecies specific to Jews inhabiting the holy land as they did after WWII, but the dry bones refers more to an actual resurrection later...
"Eze 37:12 So prophesy. Tell them, 'This is what the Almighty LORD says: My people, I will open your graves and take you out of them. I will bring you to Israel."

"Israel Jews were among the first to become "Christians" according to the book of ACT 2" To be specific -(you may know this, but...) The apostles were ALL Israelite -though not necessarily of the house of Judah -as Israel had split into the two houses due to civil war -the house of Israel (often referred to as the "lost ten tribes") and the house of Judah -which came to be called simply "Jews"

"So far many of us are missing the main event and how is God and Israel is related to us today. take this next verse... Zech 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Think we as the USA safe from that? Don't count on it."

More than you may know! (We will not fight with Israel, as such.. but....)
The national greatness of Britain, then the US, is the fruition of the birthrights given to Ephraim and Manesseh in Genesis 48.
Though Ephraim and Manesseh were descendents of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob through their father Joseph -and those who blessed them were to be blessed -those who cursed them were to be cursed -it is also true that when their descendents (The US and Britain generally) turn against Judah (modern Israel), God will not be pleased -and bad things will befall them.

That is to say... as the U.S. (Manesseh) and Britain (Ephraim) continue to leave Israel (Judah) to fend for themselves, God will be angered -as was written...
Isa 9:21 Manasseh, Ephraim; and Ephraim, Manasseh: and they together shall be against Judah. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

As we become more divided, the Assyrian will take advantage of it. You can check my other posts for a lengthy explanation as to the identity of the Assyrian, but it is essentially Nazis rising again over Germany and so also the EU -which is already well underway -as you can read about here...
EU Army
Here we see that Israel and Britain go to him for help -probably due to a US which is unable and unwilling to help either of them....
Hos 5:13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
Hos 5:14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
Hos 5:15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face:

But he will not help -he will "destroy many" "by peace" (the Assyrian is also the king of fierce countenance of Daniel 8 and last king of the north of Daniel 11)

Britain is essentially controlled by the EU, but will eventually be brought down by what becomes of it when the Assyrian gains control.
The US likewise will be destroyed by the Assyrian if we do not turn to God.
As the US and Britain -among others -are of the house of Israel (though not all who live there are Israelite), the following applies to them....
Isa 10:1 Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
Isa 10:2 To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
Isa 10:3 And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
Isa 10:4 Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
Isa 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
Isa 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
Isa 10:7 Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.

Also -it is this same Assyrian -known also as the beast in revelation -which will take away the daily -and 1,290 days later place the abomination of desolation -attacking Jerusalem. It is also he that will be broken by the returning Christ -as it says....

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.

and...

Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

and...

Isa 30:31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

and...

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

and...

Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Unfortunately, we will not be a strong nation by the time the armies of the earth are gathered in the valley of Megiddo -we will be destroyed and captive (one of the reasons they will worship the beast saying "who is able to make war with him?").
The house of Israel is essentially Job 1 for the beast -even before Judah. The Assyrian will fight and prevail against the Islamic powers on his way to the holy land -and will be nearly defeated by the communist powers -Russia/China, etc.. -by the time he reaches Meggido -

Then the battle will turn -toward Jerusalem -and they will actually attempt to war with the returning Christ...

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

..and will be defeated by Christ...

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

(These curses may be averted if we turn to God.
Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.)

Etritonakin

Judah (modern Israel) is about to have great troubles -beginning with its neighbors and ending with the beast -but the returning Christ actually will return and save them (and everyone else, for that matter -God is not for Israel and against everyone else -and will actually allow them to be attacked to correct some of their present tactics. God will bring all nations to himself, but he has made specific promises to Judah).

Much of the trouble they will experience God will allow because they trust in ways that are not his ways.

Still -he tells them to be not afraid -and that her (Zion/Jerusalem) warfare will soon be accomplished -and that her iniquity will be pardoned.

Isa 29:1 Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices.
Isa 29:2 Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel.
Isa 29:3 And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.
Isa 29:4 And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust.
Isa 29:5 Moreover the multitude of thy strangers shall be like small dust, and the multitude of the terrible ones shall be as chaff that passeth away: yea, it shall be at an instant suddenly.
Isa 29:6 Thou shalt be visited of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.
Isa 29:7 And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel, even all that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision.
Isa 29:8 It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion.
Isa 29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
Isa 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Isa 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Isa 29:15 Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?
Isa 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?
Isa 29:17 Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest?

Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zec 12:6 In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
Zec 12:7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
Zec 12:8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
Zec 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Hos 5:5 And the pride of Israel doth testify to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.
Hos 5:6 They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD; but they shall not find him; he hath withdrawn himself from them.
Hos 5:7 They have dealt treacherously against the LORD: for they have begotten strange children: now shall a month devour them with their portions.
Hos 5:8 **** ye the cornet in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah: cry aloud at Bethaven, after thee, O Benjamin.
Hos 5:9 Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which shall surely be.
Hos 5:10 The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
Hos 5:11 Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment, because he willingly walked after the commandment.
Hos 5:12 Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
Hos 5:13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
Hos 5:14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
Hos 5:15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

1: THE DAILY

In the KJV translation of the old testament, the exact phrase "the daily" appears eight times -and in the new testament, only once.

It is contained in only Numbers, Ezra, Daniel and Acts.

In Numbers and Ezra, it refers to daily meat/burnt offerings -sacrifice.

It is essentially that which the priesthood was responsible for on a daily basis.

-------------------------

In the book of Daniel, "the daily" is always used in reference to that which "a king of fierce countenance" -"the king of the north" is given power to take away -and a host (many people) to help him do so.

In all five verses in the book of Daniel which contain this phrase, it is actually NOT followed by the word for "sacrifice".

The prophecies concerning the taking away of the daily are about the time of the end -not the days in which Daniel lived -as it often says -such as in...

Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be....

and...

Dan 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days....

--------------------

Some believe that the taking away of the daily and the abomination of desolation are the same thing.
This is not the case. There are 1,290 days between these two separate events -as specifically stated in Daniel...

Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

However -both of these events are accomplished by the same person (and those he employs by various means)...

Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

This person is described in this chapter thusly..

Dan 11:21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

So this person obtains a kingdom -he is a king -a ruler.

In Daniel 8 he is described thusly....

Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered........................................
Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

He will actually stand up against Christ -but will be broken.
He will defeat the "king of the south" on his way to the holy land....

Dan 11:40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.........
Dan 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

So... We have
1: the daily
2: the abomination of desolation
3: the king of the north/king of fierce countenance who is given power against the daily, obtains a kingdom and makes war -destroying wonderfully -not by his own power
4: the king of the south

First -what is the daily?

The daily is that which God's priesthood does in the end times.
Some believe that a temple must first be built in Jerusalem, and daily physical offerings must again be practiced there before they can be taken away.
However, God's priesthood in the end times would know that God does not desire sacrifice -nor does he require it any longer.
The daily is that which he does require them to do.

The daily is the preaching of the GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM, before the end -and the feeding of God's flock...
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

The daily is the preaching of the truth -and when the daily is taken away, the truth is cast to the ground...
Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

And the place of Christ's sanctuary? Where is that?
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.

It is not a temple in Jerusalem -but that which the Lord made his sanctuary -his temple...

Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The place of his santuary is actually those in whom God has put his own spirit. It is his church.
They preach the gospel of THE KINGDOM.
They preach God's TRUTH.....
and they will be severely persecuted before the end comes -this king of fierce countenance is given many people (and dark spiritual forces) to bring this preaching to and end -1,290 days before he sets up the abomination of desolation (Luk 21:20-21, Mar 13:14 -more on that later)

To truly understand the daily, you must understand the TRUTH -you must understand the gospel of THE KINGDOM.

Almost all who preach about Christ believe they preach this gospel -but there is a huge difference between this gospel and what most believe.... not everyone who preaches about Christ is doing the daily.

will explain more in next post..... and probably several more -this is a huge subject

Last edited:

Etritonakin

2: THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION

Many believe the abomination of desolation to be the taking away of the daily sacrifice in Jerusalem -which would require the temple there to be rebuilt.

However, the bible says the abomination of desolation occurs 1,290 days AFTER the taking away of the daily -and that it is the desolation of Jerusalem itself by the armies which will surround it at that time....

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand : )
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Which armies will be gathered in the holy land? We know that the army of the king of the north will be there -but who else? The king of the south will have already been defeated by the king of the north -but we read that it is the armies of the kings of the east which will war with his army...

Dan 11:44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

He is called the king of the north, but will be attacked by peoples from his east and north.

They will be gathered first in the valley of Megiddo to war with each other -but will turn toward Jerusalem -to actually attempt to make war with the returning Christ.....

Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

This king of the north -king of fierce countenance in Daniel IS THE BEAST.

He is brought to his end in the holy land -first by other armies -then by the returning Christ himself!

Elsewhere, we are given further identification of this king who is broken by Christ in Jerusalem.....

Isa 14:24 The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
Isa 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.
Isa 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
Isa 14:27 For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

The king of the north -the beast -is the ASSYRIAN

Isa 10:24 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
Isa 10:25 For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.

Isa 30:31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

And this describes his kingdom...

Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
Eze 31:4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.

Though it says "in Lebanon" here, in Ezekiel 17, we read that he is transplanted -moved over time to be by those GREAT WATERS....

Eze 17:2 Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;
Eze 17:3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:
Eze 17:4 He cropped off the top of his young twigs, and carried it into a land of traffick; he set it in a city of merchants.
Eze 17:5 He took also of the seed of the land, and planted it in a fruitful field; he placed it by great waters, and set it as a willow tree.

and his end -from the east.....

Eze 17:10 Yea, behold, being planted, shall it prosper? shall it not utterly wither, when the east wind toucheth it? it shall wither in the furrows where it grew.

This is also spoken of him.... remember the cedar is the Assyrian -and the beast -also of Assyrian descent -is the tender one...

Eze 17:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent:
Eze 17:23 In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell.
Eze 17:24 And all the trees of the field shall know that I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the LORD have spoken and have done it.

Which sounds all well and good and peaceful -until you keep reading...

So -who is the ASSYRIAN -the king of the north, the king of fierce countenance -the beast ----and what business does he have with the preaching of the gospel? Why would he have indignation against the covenant -why would he bother with the daily?

Dan 11:30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

Dan 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

Why would he bother with them? Because they know!

more later