• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there Really only one True Religion?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yes, the one true religion is the one any individual is practicing. For the rest of us, from that point, no.

SoulDaemon

It's like asking is there only a one way to raise a child?. None of them are wrong or right, only what you need and see fit. I see no merit in praising anything else, but what has seen me trough life, without worship. We do need some belief in ourselves, but religion is every ones own business.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
True religion can only come from within each one of us, organized region is someone's else's idea of what they believe religion is to be. We must find out what religion means to each one of us, for there is no other religion than that.

Sabour

First, there surely is a right religion because God wouldn't send us to this life for each one of us to be lead by his desires and live by his standards because that way there will be no justice in the world. So God chose to send us prophets to share the way of life that we must live.

Second, if we look at religion, we would find major differences, every religion differs from the other and therefore, at the current time, I would say yes there is one "completely" true religion.

Here is a video that would explain my position

[youtube]H1qjvyF59c8[/youtube]
The Meaning Of Life

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
An opinion which may be true of course.

I backed it up by logical reasons and explained.

Every religion has seemingly logical arguments for its beliefs. I have no reason to believe that there's one religion that all humans should or even can adhere to. I don't believe there's only one deity, either.

Sabour

Every religion has seemingly logical arguments for its beliefs. I have no reason to believe that there's one religion that all humans should or even can adhere to. I don't believe there's only one deity, either.

Well I was trying to explain why I think there must be a true religion and I mentioned nothing or didn't even get to the arguments defending my religion.

You think you have no reason to believe that there is religion but actually you do. This is the reason you became a Christian short time ago.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well I was trying to explain why I think there must be a true religion and I mentioned nothing or didn't even get to the arguments defending my religion.

You think you have no reason to believe that there is religion but actually you do. This is the reason you became a Christian short time ago.

Nope. I converted to Catholicism in my teens and a bit after that, I started questioning it and going back and forth. Now I'm considering converting to Germanic polytheism. I'm not interested in the Abrahamic religions. In fact, they disgust me and I'm sick of all of them. I think they were some of the worst things to happen to humanity.

Sabour

Nope. I converted to Catholicism in my teens and a bit after that, I started questioning it and going back and forth. Now I'm considering converting to Germanic polytheism. I'm not interested in the Abrahamic religions. In fact, they disgust me and I'm sick of all of them. I think they were some of the worst things to happen to humanity.

Well okay that is your opinion. It saddens me though.

Just an advice if you allow me. Try to do things logically first instead of jumping between one belief to another.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Well okay that is your opinion. It saddens me though.

Just an advice if you allow me. Try to do things logically first instead of jumping between one belief to another.

Your opinion that there's one religion for all humanity makes me sad because it would erase the diversity of the peoples of the world if you got what you want.

Yeah, I know. I am trying to follow logic, which is why I dumped Abrahamic religion.

Sabour

Your opinion that there's one religion for all humanity makes me sad because it would erase the diversity of the peoples of the world if you got what you want.

Yeah, I know. I am trying to follow logic, which is why I dumped Abrahamic religion.

Unless if that religion teaches not to do so ;)

I am happy that you are following things logically, I hope you would reconsider things if you ever felt that there is a need to do so

I hope you the best and I wish you hope for me the same

poojac91

Where does thought arise, how it begins and develops, why all thoughts can not express themselves where as only some does. Is a pure mind thoughtless ? What is the criteria of purity ? One religion or many religions, which is the most good one ? lots of questions are there but we are in shape of human and should be HUMAN actually. thanks.

Flat Earth Kyle

Truth is one big whole is it not? Something either is fact, or it is not. Lies are not real, they are made up. I see 3 points of view in this situation, 1) There is one God, master of the universe and the imaginations of man which accounts for the many religions in the world. 2) There are multiple Gods which accounts for the multiple religions in the world. 3)There is only the imagination of man.

I support and believe in number 1, that there is one "God" in the universe, but I believe we are his children and as the Bible says, we are gods, so there are multiple gods, but to be considered part of God, we need to be of one heart and one mind with God.

thau

Well is there?

There is really only one true Church.

The one established by Jesus Christ in Matthew 16 where he gives Peter as its head "the keys of the kingdom."

Where Jesus also says "whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven."

Etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Unless if that religion teaches not to do so ;)

I am happy that you are following things logically, I hope you would reconsider things if you ever felt that there is a need to do so

I hope you the best and I wish you hope for me the same

Yes, all the best to you.

outhouse

Atheistically
First, there surely is a right religion

It would not be one that promoted fanaticism and fundamentalism that requires one to ignore reality and tell people to follow ancient mythology instead.

One that owns and breeds global terrorism is not acceptable anywhere unless it is a culture already ingrained in hatred and violence.