• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Ask your questions

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
People of the Book (Ahl-Al-Khitab) are NOT Kaafirs. The situation is different an unique for People of the Book.
i don't agree with this sister .

anyone did not believe in Allah (God ) is one , AND His messanger Muhammad (pbuh) is Kafir

the exception is they believe in God is one and share most of the prophets, this don't make them muslims (believers )
any one disbelieve in Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is kafir .

the exception is in the food and the mariage .

لم يكن الذين كفروا من اهل الكتاب والمشركين منفكين حتى تاتيهم البينة
Those who disbelieve among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters could not have left off (erring) till the clear proof came unto them,

3-98
Say: O People of the Scripture! Why disbelieve ye in the revelations of Allah, when Allah (Himself) is Witness of what ye do?

btw Kaafir mean disbeliever .

who disbelieve , what we call him/her ?
disbeliever (Kafir ) .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't feel like making a thread for this so I'll ask here for the opinion of some fellow Muslims on these forums.

If I want to revert, can I remain with my husband, even if he's not wanting to convert or half heartedly would (just to remain with me)? Some people tell me it's ok and in some other cases say it's not ok, that a period needs to be observed and then divorce if no conversion.

Now I'm looking into getting answers from every kind of Muslims and personally if I were to revert, I'd be quite moderate. But I want to know what people here think of it. Also if what my Muslimah friend said was true... That there's more interfaith marriage and some imams nowdays say it's ok for them to remain together as the wife is an example for her husband and perhaps he will revert someday along the way.

Thank you for your answers!
this is big problem :(
yes sister , it's forbiden to continous with him in mariage .

the muslimah (female ) not allowed to her to marry no-muslim ,
let me give you exemple , if a muslim (male ) convert to other religion........... his wife ( muslimah ) , need to ask the divorce , because it's not allowed to her stay married to him .
EDITED :
did you had kids with him ?
for my opinion ,as solution IF you had kids with him , you need to stay in other room (don't sleep with him) and considerate him just father of your kids not husband .

Last edited:
People of the Book (Ahl-Al-Khitab) are NOT Kaafirs. The situation is different an unique for People of the Book.

What Godobeyer said.

The marriage situation is only unique in the case of male or female. Men are allowed to marry women from the People of the Book but women are not allowed to marry men from the People of the Book, only Muslim men.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Best idea would be to consult with a learned person and go from there.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Kaafir is one who covers the truth, from the root Kufaara (which means farmer, who covers the seed).

People of the Book are not Kaafir; they believe in God. They are not Muslims, but they are not in the same class as Kaafir. It is a grave sin to classify someone as a kaafir; if they're not, and you falsely accuse them, then Allah considers you the kaafir.

It is a grave sin to classify someone as a kaafir; if they're not, and you falsely accuse them, then Allah considers you the kaafir.

Assalaamu Alaykum,

This comes from a hadeeth of the prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and it was about calling someone that is a Muslim a kaafir and not a clear disbeliever such as a Jew, Christian, Pagan, etc. But anyone who is not a Muslim is a kaafir.

I found this links with proofs from Quran that Jews and Christians are also kuffaar:

"Is it true that anyone who does not accept that kuffaar are kuffaar is a kaafir himself, even if he prays, believes in the Qur'aan, and the Prophet Muhammad ( )? If so, what is the proof for this? Can a person insist on believing that Jews and Christians can be believers and go to heaven after being shown clear evidence against this, and still be considered a Muslim?

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, this is correct. Whoever is not convinced that the person who disbelieves in the religion of Allaah is a kaafir, does not believe what Allaah has told us about their being kaafirs, and he does not believe that the religion of Islam abrogates all previous religions and that all people must follow this religion no matter what their religion was before.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

“Say (O Muhammad): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah” [al-A’raaf 7:158]

Al-Qaadi ‘Ayyaad said: hence we regard as a kaafir everyone who follows a religion other than the religion of the Muslims, or who agrees with them, or who has doubts, or who says that their way is correct, even if he appears to be a Muslim and believes in Islam and that every other way is false, he is a kaafir

(Al-Shifaa’ bi Ta’reef Huqooq al-Mustafaa, 2/1071)

It was reported from Abu Hurayrag that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 153)

“Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: “We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,” and “Hear and let you (O Muhammad) hear nothing.” And Raa‘ina [in Arabic it means “Be careful, listen to us, and we listen to you”, whereas in Hebrew, it means “an insult”] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion (Islâm). And if only they had said: “We hear and obey”, and “Do make us understand,” it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not except for a few” [al-Nisa’ 4:46]

Whoever says that the Christians are not kuffaar is disbelieving in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meanings):

“Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allaah is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary)…” [al-Maa’idah 5:17]

“Surely, disbelievers are those who said: “Allaah is the third of the three (in a Trinity).” But there is no Ilaah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilaah (God —Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them” [al-Maa’idah 5:73]

And he is disbelieving in the words of Allaah concerning the Jews and Christians who do not believe in our Prophet or follow him:

“Verily, those who disbelieve in Allaah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allaah and His Messengers (by believing in Allaah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment” [al-Nisa’ 4:150-151]

What is there left to say after these clear statements from Allaah, may He be exalted? We ask Allaah to guide us. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.
"

Islam Question and Answer - Whoever does not believe that the kaafirs are kaafirs is himself a kaafir

Wassalaam.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Wasalaam.

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Why do you disagree when Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala) says they are kafirs in the Quran?

Edit: we're not talking about those who followed the messengers of course, but the people of the book today that follow Judaism and Christianity even though the scripture is different and it's not Islam anymore.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Why do you disagree when Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala) says they are kafirs in the Quran?

Edit: we're not talking about those who followed the messengers of course, but the people of the book today that follow Judaism and Christianity even though the scripture is different and it's not Islam anymore.

You are missing my point. Of course I don't argue with Allah.
I will not call anyone a kafir. It's not our place to put titles on people; he decision as to who is a kafir is Allah's and Allah's alone.

You are missing my point. Of course I don't argue with Allah.
I will not call anyone a kafir. It's not our place to put titles on people; he decision as to who is a kafir is Allah's and Allah's alone.

Well a person is either a Muslim or a kafir and when an issue arises such as the marriage one, we should let the person know that she cannot marry a kafir if she is Muslim. And we ought to clarify that non-Muslims are indeed kafirs/disbelievers, not just for fun but this is a serious issue so we need to.

So do you believe Jews and chrisians are disbelievers or not, I'm confused with your position on this.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well a person is either a Muslim or a kafir and when an issue arises such as the marriage one, we should let the person know that she cannot marry a kafir if she is Muslim. And we ought to clarify that non-Muslims are indeed kafirs/disbelievers, not just for fun but this is a serious issue so we need to.

So do you believe Jews and chrisians are disbelievers or not, I'm confused with your position on this.

Why does it matter to you what my opinion is? Allah's is the one that matters.

The Qur'an gives special mention of People of the Book for a reason. Allah, knowing all, would know that people will change over time. He didn't say "People of the Book until X year". Christians were believing in the trinity before the revelation of the Qur'an anyway, so why would He still refer to them as People of the Book ?

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I asked a question in another thread but I don't think it will be answered so I want to ask here.

Is circumcision required in Islam?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I asked a question in another thread but I don't think it will be answered so I want to ask here.

Is circumcision required in Islam?

Circumcision is highly recommended through the Sunnah (actions and sayings of the Prophet). It's actually not mentioned in the Qur'an specifically, but is considered to be under the umbrella of the covenant with Abraham and God's command to circumcise.

Why does it matter to you what my opinion is? Allah's is the one that matters.

The Qur'an gives special mention of People of the Book for a reason. Allah, knowing all, would know that people will change over time. He didn't say "People of the Book until X year". Christians were believing in the trinity before the revelation of the Qur'an anyway, so why would He still refer to them as People of the Book ?

Yea, you're right that Allah (Azza wa Jal) is the One that matters and the Quran matters too. I am concerned about your opinion because you are a Muslim and we believe that the Quran is 100% correct and is unchanged since Allah (Azza wa Jal) is its Guardian. If we believe that it is wrong somewhere and don't believe a certain part then this is kufr/disbelief. So if Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala) says:

(interpretation of meaning)

Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between -

Those are the disbelievers, truly. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment.
[ 4:150-151 ]

They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment.
[ 5:73 ]

They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, "Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.
[ 5:17 ]

The first verses posted from Surah 4 show us that both Jews and Christians are disbelievers since they reject the messengers of Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala).
The other two things show us that most Christians are disbelievers also.

So disbelieving that the Jews and Christians are kuffaar is disbelief...

Godobeyer

Premium Member
What Godobeyer said.

The marriage situation is only unique in the case of male or female. Men are allowed to marry women from the People of the Book but women are not allowed to marry men from the People of the Book, only Muslim men.
that's right brother .

i meant by "the marraige situation" is only muslim men .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I'm not disagreeing with the Qur'an.
with all open heart sister , you indeed disagree with Quran , when you said the people of the book are not Kafirs (disbelievers )

yes KAFEER in arabic it's mean cover the truth , AND it's mean too disbeliever .
the root as DS is "cover" but the meaning is disbelieve .

edited :
in that Ayah that i posted before , God said and used in the verse the word "Kafara " (disbelieve ) in arabic , they disbelieve . "KAFAROO '" or ''KAFORON " or " YAKFORON " , these verbs what is their NOUN ?

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
with all open heart sister , you indeed disagree with Quran , when you said the people of the book are not Kafirs (disbelievers )

yes KAFEER in arabic it's mean cover the truth , AND it's mean too disbeliever .
the root as DS is "cover" but the meaning is disbelieve .

in that Ayah that i posted before , God said and used the verse "Kafara " (disbelieve ) in arabic , they disbelieve . "KAFAROO '" or ''KAFORON " or " YAKFORON " , these verbs what is their NOUN ?

I've been told that there is a difference between people of the book and the kafir in that true kafir mock (make fun of) and try and harm Islam. I've been told that all my life, and that we people should never call anyone a kafir; that's only up to Allah because we never know what's in their hearts and they could convert and we've called them kafir.

I'm only arguing that we should be very careful who we label kafir.

Is there a difference between munafiq, mushrikeen, and kafir?