• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Ignatius A

• First Prayer and I listen to Jesus words alone, to form my beliefs.
  • Second I listen to the words in the rest of the New Testament to form my beliefs. [ making sure if I can, the belief agrees with Jesus words ]
May I ask you how you do it please? :sparklingheart:
Always prayer first then I read and then i take Jesus at his word. But scripture is clear it's not just Jesus words alone. That however is off topic. I'll be happy to discuss it if you start a thread.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
So Jesus lied when he said if you have seen me you have seen the father? And John lied when he wrote that the word was God and that the word became flesh and dwelt among us?
King James Bible
John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

The first scripture says not seen the second scripture says seen it is obvious we cannot determine Jesus Is God from these two scriptures!

walt

Always prayer first then I read and then i take Jesus at his word. But scripture is clear it's not just Jesus words alone. That however is off topic. I'll be happy to discuss it if you start a thread.
Anyone that loves Jesus and his words in the rest of the Bible is a friend of mine.

Ignatius A

King James Bible
John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

The first scripture says not seen the second scripture says seen it is obvious we cannot determine Jesus Is God from these two scriptures!
So so Jesus is lying when he says if you have seen me you have seen the father? Excellent

walt

I'd like to see your list, but don't go to any extra trouble for me because I already know that the Son is not the Father.
Any logical person would know that even without the New Testament.
Please let me know if you think this is a teaching in the Bible? Jesus being really God's son?

Would you consider this a Bible teaching? How much more proof does anyone need?

55 + 57 = 112 times + found 20 more = 132

34 times in the Bible Jesus is called [ Son of God ]
9 times Jesus is called God's son.
2 times a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”
1 time a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”
1 time “This is my Son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved.”
1 time son of the Living God
3 times son of the Most High God
1 time Are you the Christ the Son of the Blessed One? Then Jesus said: “I am
1 time Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father
2 Father and the son
55 times in total.

38 times is [ My Father ].
The next is said one time each.
to his God and Father
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus
to our God and Father
Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The God and Father of the Lord Jesus,
glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christa and God the Father,
God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him
God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father,
by God the Father and preserved for Jesus Christ:
57 times in total

I found some more... 20 more in total. below
For God did not send his Son into
God through the death of his Son
with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord
God sent his Son,
God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts,
the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.
the Father has sent his Son as savior of the world
God gives, the witness that he has given about his Son.
given by God concerning his Son
God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son
by means of his Son Jesus Christ
Just as the Father has sent me
Should I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?
Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love.
For the Father has affection for the Son
just as the Father has life in himself,
I speak just as the Father has told me.
Father has sent his Son as savior of the world

0 times does anyone explain Jesus is really [ not ] God's one and only son.
0 times 3 of anything or anyone is one God. co-equal and co-eternal to each other.
0 times Jesus is called Most High or the Almighty God or the one true God.
0 times God the son.
0 times God the spirit.
0 times God incarnate or God in the flesh.
0 times Trinity. or the words that define it.
0 times co-equal
0 times co-eternal
0 times [ Mary the mother of God ]
0 times Are these words found in the Bible: [ that is, of the substance of the Father; God of God, true God of true God; begotten, not made,] --a few words from The Nicene Creed of 325 AD

jimb

Premium Member
I agree with you 100%

King James Bible

If you take two verses from different chapters from a translation that was created more then four centuries ago, you cannot determine anything!

If you read a modern translation and form your opinions in context from what was written, it is clear that Jesus was/is God.

jimb

Premium Member
Please let me know if you think this is a teaching in the Bible? Jesus being really God's son?

Would you consider this a Bible teaching? How much more proof does anyone need?

55 + 57 = 112 times + found 20 more = 132

34 times in the Bible Jesus is called [ Son of God ]
9 times Jesus is called God's son.
2 times a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”
1 time a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”
1 time “This is my Son, my beloved, whom I myself have approved.”
1 time son of the Living God
3 times son of the Most High God
1 time Are you the Christ the Son of the Blessed One? Then Jesus said: “I am
1 time Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father
2 Father and the son
55 times in total.

38 times is [ My Father ].
The next is said one time each.
to his God and Father
the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus
to our God and Father
God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The God and Father of the Lord Jesus,
glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christa and God the Father,
God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
Lord Jesus, thanking God the Father through him
God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father,
by God the Father and preserved for Jesus Christ:
57 times in total

I found some more... 20 more in total. below
For God did not send his Son into
God through the death of his Son
with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord
God sent his Son,
God has sent the spirit of his Son into our hearts,
the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.
God gives, the witness that he has given about his Son.
given by God concerning his Son
God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son
by means of his Son Jesus Christ
Just as the Father has sent me
Should I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?
Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love.
For the Father has affection for the Son
just as the Father has life in himself,
I speak just as the Father has told me.
Father has sent his Son as savior of the world

0 times does anyone explain Jesus is really [ not ] God's one and only son.
0 times 3 of anything or anyone is one God. co-equal and co-eternal to each other.
0 times Jesus is called Most High or the Almighty God or the one true God.
0 times God the son.
0 times God the spirit.
0 times God incarnate or God in the flesh.
0 times Trinity. or the words that define it.
0 times co-equal
0 times co-eternal
0 times [ Mary the mother of God ]
0 times Are these words found in the Bible: [ that is, of the substance of the Father; God of God, true God of true God; begotten, not made,] --a few words from The Nicene Creed of 325 AD
What IS all this???

Try reading this one verse: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

jimb

Premium Member
King James Bible

If you take two separate verses from a translation created more than 400 years ago to prove doctrine your proof is WEAK!!!

Jesus is God! He created the earth and everything else, became human for a brief time, overcame death for eternity, and returned to heaven. Period.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Correct the son isn't the father but he is God. Any true believer would know that.
Jesus himself said that the Father is the only true God. Does that mean that Jesus is a false God? No, of course not, because Jesus is the perfect reflection of the Father. In other words, everything the Father taught is implanted in Jesus.When Jesus was on the earth he could not save himself from death. He prayed with tears to the Father. Jesus accepted what the Father taught him. He loved the Father. Therefore he could say "I and the Father are one." And -- "He who has seen me has seen the Father." But we know that no one on earth can see the Father. Therefore Jesus did not mean that literally. Further, going a step forward, if Jesus was God in the flesh, how is that equal to God not-in-the-flesh? It isn't.

YoursTrue

What IS all this???

Try reading this one verse: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
Well, it doesn't say the Word IS God, but that the Word WAS God.

jimb

Premium Member
Well, it doesn't say the Word IS God, but that the Word WAS God.
Okay, I'll play your game... "was" is in the imperfect tense: a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going." Therefore, Jesus is still God.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The Trinity is developed in the third and fourth century.. their creeds and the documentation explain:
  • The Father, the Son and the holy spirit are one God co-equal and co-eternal. this is Never Said by Jesus, by any Apostle, by any of Jesus friends, by any people that did not agree with him, by anyone in the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
  • First I listen to Jesus instructions: Jesus calls himself the son of God and explains this belief, Jesus says my father who is in heaven and this and the Bible uses the words son for Jesus and father for God over 100 times in the New Testament.
  • Jesus gives details of who the Father is in his prayer at John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
  • The Trinity is something you have to figure out to be true, it is not a specific instruction or teaching by Jesus! I start with Jesus!

I don’t agree. In the third and fourth century they decided to quantify the beliefs in a format that could be read during the centuries to come and to prevent other doctrines from setting in.

There are many things that point to it not to mention that they wanted to stone Jesus because he said that he was equal to God.

And yet… John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Like I said… it is just all interconnected like your spirit is connected to your soul which is connected to your body. We are, in essence, made in His image and in His likenes - Elohim - plural and yet one God - Behold the Elohim is one God.

YoursTrue

If you take two separate verses from a translation created more than 400 years ago to prove doctrine your proof is WEAK!!!

Jesus is God! He created the earth and everything else, became human for a brief time, overcame death for eternity, and returned to heaven. Peri:28 - od.
He and the Father are one. He is not the Father. The Father is not the Son. He also said the Father is greater than he is. John 14:28 -
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."
The Father is greater than he is, how do you figure that?

YoursTrue

Okay, I'll play your game... "was" is in the imperfect tense: a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going." Therefore, Jesus is still God.
Except that he said the Father is greater than he is. John 14:28.
New International Version
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

YoursTrue

One must understand the use of application of the term 'God.'