• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So Jesus lied when he said if you have seen me you have seen the father? And John lied when he wrote that the word was God and that the word became flesh and dwelt among us?
If you were very close to someone and spoke for him--let's say you were the best friend and a high official to a king, if you were sent on a foreign mission, you could rightfully say to your listeners, "I know what the king wants and I speak for him. There is no difference in our thinking." Nevetheless, you are not the king--he has power and authority over you.

Ignatius A

If you were very close to someone and spoke for him--let's say you were the best friend and a high official to a king, if you were sent on a foreign mission, you could rightfully say to your listeners, "I know what the king wants and I speak for him. There is no difference in our thinking." Nevetheless, you are not the king--he has power and authority over you.
Correct. Jesus didn't say I speak for God the father he said, whoever has seen me has seen the father.

John 1, the word was God and the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

YoursTrue

What you will let me do is irrelevant. Jesus is God

Kenosis. You people are a hoot.
So is it irrelevant that Jesus said the Father is greater than he is? John 14:28 - “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

Ignatius A

So is it irrelevant that Jesus said the Father is greater than he is? John 14:28 - “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."
The father is greater than him. Kenosis. Jesus is still God though

YoursTrue

OK, you're adamant that Jesus is 1/3(?) of a Trinity? But according to the scriptures he is not equal to the Father. Good that you realize that from Jesus' own words. So let me put it this way -- if I saw Jesus in person I would likely bow down to him. In reverence, gratitude and possibly astonishment. Why? Because he perfectly represents the Father and did what He did for me and others. But he is not the Father who was in heaven when Jesus was on the earth, he has great authority and power now -- and will turn everything over to the Father after Jesus accomplishes everything he has in mind to.

Ignatius A

OK, you're adamant that Jesus is 1/3(?) of a Trinity? But according to the scriptures he is not equal to the Father. Good that you realize that from Jesus' own words. So let me put it this way -- if I saw Jesus in person I would likely bow down to him. In reverence, gratitude and possibly astonishment. Why? Because he perfectly represents the Father and did what He did for me and others. But he is not the Father who was in heaven when Jesus was on the earth, he has great authority and power now -- and will turn everything over to the Father after Jesus accomplishes everything he has in mind to.
I showed you where Jesus said otherwise and where other Scripture says otherwise.

cataway

New King James Version Colossians 3:1
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.''

1 Peter 3:22

''Who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.''

your god is sitting beside him self

Ignatius A

New King James Version Colossians 3:1
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.''

1 Peter 3:22

''Who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.''

your god is sitting beside him self
You rail on all you like , the word was God and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

Some random person on a website has decided what God can and cannot do. Good for you

Coder

Thanks for sharing your point of view but it not real, you should try out first, go to my website and do one of those prayer that is present in my website, you will surely believe in divine presence!

My point was about parables (fibs) used for pagans. I believe in God. I also understand that various Scriptures served different purposes including those of the Roman Empire ("all things to all people"). The Roman empire used physical force in destroying and converting houses of worship of prior pagan religions. The Roman Church was a state religion. Baptizing infants eased the process of keeping people in Roman religion.

The Jewish people who were already monotheistic, generally did not accept. The parables for pagans went too far, including the trinity teaching. The Jewish people have experienced the consequences for centuries.

The Roman Church is moving in a better direction. The pope John Paul apologized at the wailing wall. The pope Francis, spoke about approaches of power and control. However such a deposit of theology, that includes many parables for pagans is hard to change quickly. A recent change from "one in being" to "consubstantial" is also in the right direction. "Consubstantial" is just a bit more similar to saying "like God".

Last edited:
How many times we gonna go back and forth with this? I’m done
John 10:30, does not mean Jesus is God, Being one with someone means you have the same likes and beliefs. Jesus is one with the Father because they BOTH believe the same. When you get Married to someone you will become One with the one you marry. That is because you both believe and like the same things. Understanding the Bible takes true patience and will to study.

Coder

You rail on all you like , the word was God and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
John 1:3: "All things came to be through him,..."
Greek (Platonic) Demiurge: "...Figure responsible for fashioning and maintaining the physical universe."

Paul: "all things to all people"

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus is not the father but Jesus is God.
Jesus never claimed to be God. It was Christians who claimed that Jesus was God.

Nothing in the Scriptures supports Jesus being God.
The verses below are only some of the verses that explain why Jesus is not God, and why Jesus CANNOT be God.

Please note that the Bible says .....

No man hath seen God at any time.
God is not a man
, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus

Jesus claimed to reveal God, Whom He called Father, but Jesus differentiated Himself from God:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself, even so gave he to the Son also to have life in himself:

John 8:40 But now ye seek to slay me, a man that have spoken to you [the] truth, that I heard of God; Abraham did not this thing.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Jesus said that God was greater than He was:

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

How could Jesus pray to and go to the Father if Jesus WAS the God the Father?

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Moreover, Jesus said that no man has ever seen God:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Jesus said He was from God and that God sent Him, again differentiating Himself from God:

John 17:3 And eternal life means to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

John 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. 29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

Jesus even stated specifically that the Father had knowledge which was not possessed by the Son.

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Jesus referred to Himself as a Prophet, and was so regarded. Jesus never referred to Himself as God.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

Matthew 21:11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

Jesus IS NOT God Bible Quotes... Continued:

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2 Corinthians 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

The Bible tells us History of life. The Bible also tells us of the future things to happen as the end gets closer. One of the things God tells us that will happen is that Children will be disobedient to their parents, and people will be lovers of money. The bible was written before all these things God said will happen. Now they are happening as God said they would. Children are total out of control. and people are total in love with money. 2 Timothy 3:1 We know that in the last days prilous times shall come. 2 For men will be lovers of their own selves, disobedient children to parents.

Jesus never claimed to be God. It was Christians who claimed that Jesus was God.

Nothing in the Scriptures supports Jesus being God.
The verses below are only some of the verses that explain why Jesus is not God, and why Jesus CANNOT be God.

Please note that the Bible says .....

No man hath seen God at any time.
God is not a man
, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus

Jesus claimed to reveal God, Whom He called Father, but Jesus differentiated Himself from God:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself, even so gave he to the Son also to have life in himself:

John 8:40 But now ye seek to slay me, a man that have spoken to you [the] truth, that I heard of God; Abraham did not this thing.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Jesus said that God was greater than He was:

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

How could Jesus pray to and go to the Father if Jesus WAS the God the Father?

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Moreover, Jesus said that no man has ever seen God:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Jesus said He was from God and that God sent Him, again differentiating Himself from God:

John 17:3 And eternal life means to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

John 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. 29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

Jesus even stated specifically that the Father had knowledge which was not possessed by the Son.

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Jesus referred to Himself as a Prophet, and was so regarded. Jesus never referred to Himself as God.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

Matthew 21:11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

Jesus IS NOT God Bible Quotes... Continued:

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2 Corinthians 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
True, God is not Jesus God is a Spirit John 4:24 God is a Spirit and those who worship God must worship him in Spirit.
Also Jesus does not even know when the end will be only the Father does.. Mathew 24:35 Heaven and Earth shall pass away. 36 But of that day and hour no man knows, no Angel of heaven, but my Father Only.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible tells us History of life.
The Heart of the Gospel is a book that was written by a Christian clergyman who resigned his orders after 40 years to become a Baha’i.
The first two chapters explain how the Bible tells the History of life.

1. The Bible as Universal History
2. History as Spiritual Evolution