• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
I do not believe that warning was ever intended to apply to all of time.
I believe it was only intended to apply to the Christian dispensation, up until God sent another Messenger.

I hope you know that the Old Testament says about adding to it.

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

But then the New Testament was an addition to the Old Testament, wasn't it?
So Jesus came with a new Revelation from God and added to what Moses revealed.

Yes, I believe there are keys to be found in the oldest Holy Scriptures that help us determine truth. They are called prophecies.
Those prophecies were written to help us determine If there is truth in other Holy Scriptures that come later.
How would you know if an angel came tomorrow with a new revelation, how could you determine if it was truth or false?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
400 to 500 prophecies were fulfilled from the Old Testament, to prove the new testaments writings inspiration.

Don't you feel this is more than sufficient proof that the New Testament is inspired?
Here are all the prophecies you were asking for?
I do not doubt that Jesus fulfilled many Old testament prophecies.

I lost count of how many Old Testament and New Testament prophecies were fulfilled by Baha'u'llah, but many of them are in this book:

Don't you feel this is more than sufficient proof that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be, the return of Christ and the messiah of the latter days?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It may not be clear to Christians since they have confirmation bias so they are so sure that the Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.
Baha'is know that the Spirit of truth is the title for the man who brought the Holy Spirit.

That can be confirmed by reading the NT verses where it says what the Spirit of truth would do, all of which Baha'u'llah has done.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Please note the word he. He is a reference to a man, not a Holy Spirit that lives inside of Christians. The indwelt Holy Spirit cannot do any of those things.
It may not be clear to Christians since they have confirmation bias so they are so sure that the Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.
Baha'is know that the Spirit of truth is the title for the man who brought the Holy Spirit.

That can be confirmed by reading the NT verses where it says what the Spirit of truth would do, all of which Baha'u'llah has done.

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Please note the word he. He is a reference to a man, not a Holy Spirit that lives inside of Christians. The indwelt Holy Spirit cannot do any of those things.
I look at the bahai faith as a fringe faith that have warped Christianity. I think they warped all religions. I mean, there’s only 5 million people in 200 different countries.

Last edited:

walt

I lost count of how many Old Testament and New Testament prophecies were fulfilled by Baha'u'llah, but many of them are in this book:

Don't you feel this is more than sufficient proof that Baha'u'llah was who He claimed to be, the return of Christ and the messiah of the latter days?
Yes sure, give me the list from the Holy Bible please? Not your scriptures, The Bible please.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How would you know if an angel came tomorrow with a new revelation, how could you determine if it was truth or false?
I would know it was false because of what Baha'u'llah wrote.

62. Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years # 37

The Dispensation of Bahá’u’lláh will last until the coming of the next Manifestation of God, Whose advent will not take place before at least “a full thousand years” will have elapsed. Bahá’u’lláh cautions against ascribing to “this verse” anything other than its “obvious meaning”, and in one of His Tablets, He specifies that “each year” of this thousand year period consists of “twelve months according to the Qur’án, and of nineteen months of nineteen days each, according to the Bayán”.

The intimation of His Revelation to Bahá’u’lláh in the Síyáh-Chál of Ṭihrán, in October 1852, marks the birth of His Prophetic Mission and hence the commencement of the one thousand years or more that must elapse before the appearance of the next Manifestation of God.

“Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather, follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise. Erelong shall clamorous voices be raised in most lands. Shun them, O My people, and follow not the iniquitous and evil-hearted. This is that of which We gave you forewarning when We were dwelling in ‘Iráq, then later while in the Land of Mystery, and now from this Resplendent Spot.”
(Bahá’u’lláh, The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, p. 32)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I look at the bahai faith as a fringe faith that have warped Christianity.
I look at Christianity as a religion that is for the most part based upon the false teachings of the church.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.”
I mean, there’s only 5 million people in 200 different countries.
How many Christians do you think there were in the first centuries?

Throughout the first century the total number of Jews in the Christian movement probably never exceeded 1 000 and by the end of the century the Christian church was largely Gentile.

walt

Jesus did not give us information to expect another angel with another revelation to come in the future. [ with totally different teachings, teachings in opposition of Christianity ]

[ The Book of Revelation did come by the messenger of an angel ] The Book of Revelation agrees with the entire Bible, It does talk about some new stuff that will happen in the future. The Book of Revelation agrees with Jesus and the apostles earliest teachings.

The Old Testament gives us 400 to 500 prophecies, for us to expect to happen in Jesus ministry and everything he did.

Jesus did not tell us an angel would come with a revelation, a new teaching that was in opposition of what he already taught us.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am not so sure that a Bahai understands well that when a text is of divine origin it cannot have interpretations that contradict each other and all be true.
If there were not different interpretations of the Bible, there would not be different sects of Christianity.

Christianity can be taxonomically divided into six main groups: the Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, and Restorationism.
List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia
Perhaps Baha'Ullah's writings also have thousands of different interpretations, and they even consider them acceptable even if they contradict each other.
There is only one official interpretation of the Baha'u'llah's Writings.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If there were not different interpretations of the Bible, there would not be different sects of Christianity.

Christianity can be taxonomically divided into six main groups: the Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, and Restorationism.
List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia

There is only one official interpretation of the Baha'u'llah's Writings.
All Christian’s agree on the big points about Jesus. Bahai has made Jesus into a regular man. Jesus wasn’t no regular man.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did not give us information to expect another angel with another revelation to come in the future. [ with totally different teachings, teachings in opposition of Christianity ]
Jesus did say that another revelation would come in the future which would reveal more truth.

Baha'u'llah was the Spirit of truth. The Baha'i Faith is not in opposition to what Jesus said, quite the contrary, but it is in opposition to many teachings of Christianity which are patently false.
Jesus did not tell us an angel would come with a revelation, a new teaching that was in opposition of what he already taught us.
See above.

walt

The Book of Revelation says there is going to be a new heavens and a new earth.

The New Testament says there is going to be a new heavens in a new earth.

The Old Testament says there is going to be a new heavens and a new earth.

Does your Holy Scriptures say there is going to be a new heavens in a new earth?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
All Christian’s agree on the big points about Jesus. Bahai has made Jesus into a regular man. Jesus wasn’t no regular man.
No, the Baha'i Faith does not make Jesus into a regular man, quite the contrary. Baha'is believe that Jesus was a man with a twofold nature..

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Book of Revelation says there is going to be a new heavens and a new earth.

The New Testament says there is going to be a new heavens in a new earth.

The Old Testament says there is going to be a new heavens and a new earth.

Does your Holy Scriptures say there is going to be a new heavens in a new earth?
The Baha'i scriptures say there is going to be a new earth.

“This is the Day in which God’s most excellent favors have been poured out upon men, the Day in which His most mighty grace hath been infused into all created things. It is incumbent upon all the peoples of the world to reconcile their differences, and, with perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-kindness. It behoveth them to cleave to whatsoever will, in this Day, be conducive to the exaltation of their stations, and to the promotion of their best interests. Happy are those whom the all-glorious Pen was moved to remember, and blessed are those men whose names, by virtue of Our inscrutable decree, We have preferred to conceal.

Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.”

Jimmy

Veteran Member
No, the Baha'i Faith does not make Jesus into a regular man, quite the contrary. Baha'is believe that Jesus was a man with a twofold nature..

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”
All this says is bahais believe Jesus was a messenger of God. They think he’s a regular man like Muslims do. Jesus wasn’t a regular man.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What does this gleaning mean according to Bahai followers?
It is called Gleanings because it is an extraction of information from various Tablets... In the Introduction to Gleanings, which is only in the published book and not online, it explains something about Gleanings:

“Gleanings is a book for meditative study. It is not a book of history and facts, but of love and spiritual power. No one can understand the faith of the thousands of martyred followers of the Bab, unless he catches the spirit of this book. No one can appreciate why thousands of Baha’is give up the comfort of settled homes and move into strange countries to tell the people about Baha’u’llah, unless he clearly glimpses the spirit of this book.”

walt

The Baha'i scriptures say there is going to be a new earth.

“This is the Day in which God’s most excellent favors have been poured out upon men, the Day in which His most mighty grace hath been infused into all created things. It is incumbent upon all the peoples of the world to reconcile their differences, and, with perfect unity and peace, abide beneath the shadow of the Tree of His care and loving-kindness. It behoveth them to cleave to whatsoever will, in this Day, be conducive to the exaltation of their stations, and to the promotion of their best interests. Happy are those whom the all-glorious Pen was moved to remember, and blessed are those men whose names, by virtue of Our inscrutable decree, We have preferred to conceal.

Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.”

Where is the word "Earth" ?

Besides the Bible says a new heavens and a new earth according to his promise.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But according to his promise, we look for The New Heavens and The New Earth, in which dwells righteousness. -2 Peter 3:13

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
All this says is bahais believe Jesus was a messenger of God. They think he’s a regular man like Muslims do. Jesus wasn’t a regular man.
No, Baha'is do not believe like Muslims do about Jesus being only a messenger of God.
Baha'is do not believe that Jesus was a regular man.

He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself.