• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Jimmy

Veteran Member
No, Baha'is do not believe like Muslims do about Jesus being only a messenger of God.
Baha'is do not believe that Jesus was a regular man.

He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself.
That tells me nothing. Bahais believe Jesus was a messenger of God, nothing more, which means a regular man.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
The passage says there will be a new world order on Earth.

Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead.
Can't find the words: New World Order on Earth

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
No, Baha'is do not believe like Muslims do about Jesus being only a messenger of God.

He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself.
Let me ask you this. Is there anybody else in the Bahai faith born of the substance of God himself?

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Does your gleanings explain what born of the substance of God himself means?

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
The passage says there will be a new world order on Earth.

Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead.
It doesn't really matter, The Bible's words are clear, a new heavens and a new earth.

These are the words in Revelation, The New Testament, The Old Testament.

If you want more examples I'll be happy to provide them.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It doesn't really matter, The Bible's words are clear, a new heavens and a new earth.

These are the words in Revelation, The New Testament, The Old Testament.

If you want more examples I'll be happy to provide them.
Bahais have twisted the Bible all up

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Born of the substance of God himself? That sounds like every Joe out there.

Eli G

I wouldn't say Bahais are really a "biblical" religion. But the same could be said of other religions such as Islam, which accepts but at the same time re-interprets some biblical teachings, just as Mormonism does.

Jehovah's Witnesses have full confidence in the Bible as divinely inspired, and in no way do we believe that it is insufficient to acquire the knowledge needed to obtain eternal life. Jesus said:

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

If someone considers the Bible as a book truly inspired by God and Jesus Christ as the Messiah that the Creator had promised to his people in ancient times, by deduction they would accept that Jesus is the only means of salvation for men in consecuence of his own sacrifice. Only the knowledge that refers to Jehovah and his Son Jesus that he sent from heaven, are sufficient to obtain "everlasting life".

Actually, although there may have been many wise humans throughout the ages, not a single one of them was sent down from heaven by God, none of them died a sacrificial death to reconcile imperfect humanity to its Creator, none of them was declared His Son by the mouth of God Himself in front of other humans, none of them was resurrected and seen by a multitude of eyewitnesses as He ascended to heaven, none of them spoke from heaven to His disciples, and none of them was seated at the right hand of God as the future King of mankind... except Jesus.

That's what someone who accepts the Bible as divinely inspired believes, since those things are what it teaches.

Last edited:

Eli G

If there were not different interpretations of the Bible, there would not be different sects of Christianity.

Christianity can be taxonomically divided into six main groups: the Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Eastern Orthodoxy, Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, and Restorationism.
List of Christian denominations - Wikipedia
English is not my first language, but this saying has come to mind: “don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”.

I would say that this biblical passage indicates the same idea:

Rom. 3:1 What, then, is the advantage of the Jew, or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 A great deal in every way. First of all, that they were entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God. 3 What, then, is the case? If some lacked faith, will their lack of faith invalidate the faithfulness of God? 4 Certainly not! But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar, just as it is written: “That you might be proved righteous in your words and might win when you are being judged.”

There is only one official interpretation of the Baha'u'llah's Writings.
That's very interesting, and laudable.

Please tell me: is that a result of all the Bahais in the world having a centralized leadership that interprets Baha'i's writings for all of you, or does it mean that everyone who reads those writings understands the same things?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Can't find the words: New World Order on Earth
You mean you can't find that exact wording in the Bible?
Why would you expect to find the same wording in a new revelation from God?

Do you think you know what the following verses are talking about?

Revelation 21
New International Version

A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

I believe that are talking about the New World Order on Earth.

Baha'is believe that the New Earth is a new world order in which we will see the spiritualization of the peoples of the world and man will become a noble being adorned with divine virtues and perfections:

The “World Order” that Baha’is envision pertains to a number of subjects: politics and governance, economics, society, and religion, as is covered briefly in this blog:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But as I just asked you in the last post, what do you think that means?
What will the new earth be like? New can mean anything that isn't like the old.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus said:

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
Bahá’u’lláh said:

“The Book of God is wide open, and His Word is summoning mankind unto Him. No more than a mere handful, however, hath been found willing to cleave to His Cause, or to become the instruments for its promotion. These few have been endued with the Divine Elixir that can, alone, transmute into purest gold the dross of the world, and have been empowered to administer the infallible remedy for all the ills that afflict the children of men. “No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.”

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 183-184