• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus is not God

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Here’s another reason that’s supports the Bible as Divine:

Would not God, as our Creator, have our best interests at heart? Wouldn’t He give us counsel on the best way to act?

Of all the accepted writings that people consider holy, I haven’t come across any that speak against sexual immorality, that a Man & Woman should be married - and loving each other - before having a family.

The societies / cultures of this world are straying from these guidelines, and are suffering the consequences, in many ways…

Children are growing up without a stable family background, unloved and unguided; this leads to selfish behaviors, and crime.

If a man is around at all, many times they don’t treat the woman with the “honor” & “love” the Bible describes. — 1 Peter 3:7; Ephesians 5:25,28.

People always want to harp on the accounts found in the Hebrew Scriptures, but choose to ignore the standards set for Christians.

I see the benefits that come from applying them, applying some of these principles regarding humility and kindness to every relationship.
And I can say I have benefited from them.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Personally I know the Bible is inspired by God because It brings me so much Joy and happiness no matter what happens in my life, somehow my love for the Holy Scriptures helps me break the hardest habits, and the Bible helps me maintain the best attitude most of the time. :sparklingheart:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Can I answer?

When a person learns who the True God is, which is Jesus’ Father (John 17:3; John 4:23), the God of the ancient Israelites and the Jews, whom Jesus himself worshipped (John 20:17), the person begins to appreciate the Bible is Jesus’ Fathers’ Word.
Jesus’ statement @ Luke 10:21 has more meaning, then.
Agreed.
Then, Jesus’ Father — ie., Jehovah God — blesses those who turn to Him in worship. This results in Him giving them His spirit, the fruitage of which “is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, mildness, faith, and self-control.” — Galatians 5:22-23
Yes, and that is a definitive characteristic of true followers of Jesus.
As a group, these qualities overflow among Jehovah’s worshippers.
Why? Because of striving to live by His principles, found in His Word.

Worshipping only Jehovah (as stated in Exodus 20:2-5), through Christ (John 14:6; Romans 5:10,11);
avoiding behaviors & activities the Bible denounces (1 Cor. 6:9,10); and showing love not only to God (1 John 5:3; Matthew 7:21) but also to spiritual brothers, strangers, and even enemies (John 15:12: Matthew 22:37-39; Matthew 5:44)….. The Bible tells us the “distinction” would be obvious to those looking.— Malachi 3:17,18. See John 13:35, “all will know…”

This difference is observed around the world!

I hope I answered your question… maybe from an angle you weren’t expecting.
Thank you.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Personally I know the Bible is inspired by God because It brings me so much Joy and happiness no matter what happens in my life, somehow my love for the Holy Scriptures helps me break the hardest habits, and the Bible helps me maintain the best attitude most of the time. :sparklingheart:
To me, the idea of living forever in a wonderful new earth where peace and happiness will be is a wonderful thought that I do appreciate very much. and am thankful to having learned it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
To me, the idea of living forever in a wonderful new earth where peace and happiness will be is a wonderful thought that I do appreciate very much. and am thankful to having learned it.
Do you think that the idea of living forever in a wonderful new earth where peace and happiness will be is wonderful even if it is false?
Do you want to believe things that are false, things that are in no way supported by the Bible, just because they feel good?
What do you think is going to happen after you die and realize that belief was not true?

Eli G

Do you think that the idea of living forever in a wonderful new earth where peace and happiness will be is wonderful even if it is false?
That is not just "an idea". It is a promise of Jehovah God in the Bible for the people who trust in Him.

Rev. 21:3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is not just "an idea". It is a promise of Jehovah God in the Bible for the people who trust in Him.

Rev. 21:3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
No, it is not a promise of Jehovah God in the Bible that people will rise from the dead and live forever on earth.
That is nothing but a JW doctrine which was concocted from misinterpreting various scriptures.

Eli G

No, it is not a promise of Jehovah God in the Bible that people will rise from the dead and live forever on earth.
That is nothing but a JW doctrine which was concocted from misinterpreting various scriptures.
You got the biblical quote:

JWs didn't write the Bible.

Do you believe the promises of God through the Bible?

Jesus said:

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

and:

Matt. 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth.

You just said you believe Jesus. Do you really?

Eli G

I already told you: JWs did not write the Bible. Read these promises:

Psal. 37:9 For evil men will be done away with,
But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.
10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

That was written by David under the inspiration of the holy spirit of God ... not a JW.
Do you believe it?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You got the biblical quote:

That verse above does not say that people will be raised from the dead and continue to live forever on earth after they die.

If death was no more, how could any more people be born? How could the earth sustain the overpopulation, let alone all the people JWs believe will be raised from their graves to live forever on earth? Do JWs even bother to think or do they just believe what the church tells them?
JWs didn't write the Bible.

Do you believe the promises of God through the Bible?

Jesus said:

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
I believe in everlasting life, but Jesus was not referring to everlasting life of the physical body.

When Jesus referred to eternal life, He was not referring to physical life of the body. He was referring a quality of life, spiritual life, loving God and being close to God.

The soul is eternal, the body perishes. That is why Jesus said: John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

All the verses below refer to eternal life of the soul, not eternal life of the physical body.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

All souls will continue to exist in the spiritual world after the body dies but not all souls will have eternal life (everlasting life).
Eternal life refers to a “quality” of life, nearness to God which, according to Jesus, comes from believing in Him.
and:

That verse does not say that the mild-tempered will be raised from their graves to live forever on earth.

The mild-tempered people who will inherit the new earth are the people who will be living on earth at that time, and future generations of living people.
I do, but what the JWs believe about the afterlife did not come from Jesus. It came from a complete distortion of scripture.

Eli G

I already quoted Jesus:
Jesus said:

and:

Do you really trust Jesus?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I already told you: JWs did not write the Bible. Read these promises:

Psal. 37:9 For evil men will be done away with,
But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.
10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

That was written by David under the inspiration of the holy spirit of God ... not a JW.
Do you believe it?
None of those verses say that anyone will be raised from their graves to live forever on earth. That is only a JW doctrine.

The meek people who will inherit the new earth are the people who will be living on earth at that time, and future generations of living people.

Eli G

I already quoted the voice that was heard from heaven:

Do you trust that voice?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I already quoted the voice that was heard from heaven:

Do you trust that voice?
I do not trust that the voice came from heaven, sorry.

Eli G

The angel told Daniel:

Dan. 12:13 “But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.”

Do you think Daniel should not trust the angel's words? Do you think something like that can happen to you too?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The angel told Daniel:

Dan. 12:13 “But as for you, go on to the end. You will rest, but you will stand up for your lot at the end of the days.”

Do you think Daniel should not trust the angel's words? Do you something like that can happen to you too?
Sorry again, but that verse does not mean that people will be raised from the dead and stand up to live on earth forever. :rolleyes:

Daniel Chapter 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. 13 But go thou thy way till the end be; for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Note that Dan 12:13 says "at the end of the days.” This chapter is about what will happen at the time of the end of an age, when Christ returns.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The 2,300 years came in 1844 and the book was unsealed by Baha’u’llah.
That math is explained in Some Answered Questions, 10: TRADITIONAL PROOFS EXEMPLIFIED FROM THE BOOK OF DANIEL

Unsealing the Book means we can now understand what much of the Bible means that could never be understood before by reading the Baha’i Writings, thus fulfilling the prophecy in Daniel 12:4 that knowledge shall be increased. It also means that scientific and all other kinds of knowledge will be increased, which is exactly what has happened since the mid-19th century when Christ returned.