• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kick Rock shoots "woke" beer.

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
1681513071900.png

Kfox

Reminds me of those idiots who, after 911 bought bottles of French wine thinking it a middle finger to France for not being up for a war. Did France care? They already got paid so no. It just looked dumb to them.
I disagree. To buy $50 worth a company’s product; yeah they might get $0.05 worth of profit from the $50 spent on the product, but to use that $50 worth of product for a youtube video to explain why you have total disdain for the product and the company that created it, then destroy the product and that video gets thousands of hits, that video will do far more financial damage to the company than the $0.05 worth of profit derived from the $50 used to make the video

TLK Valentine

Read the books that others would burn.
I disagree. To buy $50 worth a company’s product; yeah they might get $0.05 worth of profit from the $50 spent on the product, but to use that $50 worth of product for a youtube video to explain why you have total disdain for the product and the company that created it, then destroy the product and that video gets thousands of hits, that video will do far more financial damage to the company than the $0.05 worth of profit derived from the $50 used to make the video

IF and only IF the people watching the video actually obey the call for boycott -- AND weren't doing so already.

IOW, did Kid Rock's spectacle change anyone's mind to his favor? We have no way of knowing, but as his "argument" lacked substance, it seems unlikely to have had a major effect.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I will be the one to ask....

An Afro-American woman on Aunt Jemima syrup is wrong..

A Native American on Land O'Lakes butter is wrong...

An Afro-American man on Uncle Ben's rice is wrong..

But a transgender female on beer is right?
I miss Aunt Jemima! I guess elderly black folks aren't allowed to be featured on product lines! What a win for black people! :rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I miss Aunt Jemima! I guess elderly black folks aren't allowed to be featured on product lines! What a win for black people! :rolleyes:
There never was a real "Aunt Jemima" She was an invention of a company based upon a character in an old minstrel song. You know, white people dressed up as black people portraying them in the most stereotypical way possible. The first woman played to be Aunt Jemima was Nancy Green. a former slave. She was hired to push the product at the 1893 World Columbian Exposition (aka The World's Fair).

" At the age of 59, Green made her debut as Aunt Jemima at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition held in Chicago, beside the "world's largest flour barrel" (24 feet high), where she operated a pancake-cooking display, sang songs, and told romanticized stories about the Old South (claiming it was a happy place for blacks and whites alike).[8][10][11][12]"

Was the Old South a happy place for black people? The problem with stereotypes like this is that they do give a false image of what slavery was like. It was not a pleasant experience for those involved. Any human being when he or she is whipped or tortured enough will tend to go along with such an institution. I have seen both modern blacks and whites try to claim that they would not put up with that. Being hung from chains and having your back scarred for life with the whip can be a very very convincing argument to the contrary. It is not a sign of weakness when people succumb to that sort of torture. It is merely a sign of humanity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Except it didn't and controversy sells. You bought the company's product. They definitely got more than 5 cents, but regardless they got paid, they got their money and that's the goal. It hurt them no more than it did Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Eminem, Kiss and Led Zeppelin.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Was the Old South a happy place for black people? The problem with stereotypes like this is that they do give a false image of what slavery was like. It was not a pleasant experience for those involved. Any human being when he or she is whipped or tortured enough will tend to go along with such an institution. I have seen both modern blacks and whites try to claim that they would not put up with that. Being hung from chains and having your back scarred for life with the whip can be a very very convincing argument to the contrary. It is not a sign of weakness when people succumb to that sort of torture. It is merely a sign of humanity.
Yup. We typically don't like it when we don't fit in, and those who actually do possess strong character and don't often end up loney, which is something else we try to avoid.
People who run their mouths acting all hard like they'd oppose the system like they do today don't know much about human psychology and would probably be among the first to shut up and just go with it to smooth things over as best as possible.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Heh... you say this as if people ranting on YouTube about consumer products - or rather, about fringe views that they think are somehow related to consumer products - are having any effect on their audience besides convincing them that they're unhinged fools.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
There never was a real "Aunt Jemima" She was an invention of a company based upon a character in an old minstrel song. You know, white people dressed up as black people portraying them in the most stereotypical way possible. The first woman played to be Aunt Jemima was Nancy Green. a former slave. She was hired to push the product at the 1893 World Columbian Exposition (aka The World's Fair).

" At the age of 59, Green made her debut as Aunt Jemima at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition held in Chicago, beside the "world's largest flour barrel" (24 feet high), where she operated a pancake-cooking display, sang songs, and told romanticized stories about the Old South (claiming it was a happy place for blacks and whites alike).[8][10][11][12]"

Yeah, I know she's fictional, a brand mascot. That was over a century ago. She hasn't looked like a "mammy" in decades, just a grandmotherly black woman. And who was thinking about slavery over this? I know I wasn't. It's pancakes, ffs. This is much ado about nothing. I mean, much of rap and inner city culture is basically negative stereotypes of blacks, and people get killed over it but you don't see me calling for it to be removed. I'd rather have the smiling black lady on the pancake and syrup, though, if I had to choose.

Kfox

IF and only IF the people watching the video actually obey the call for boycott -- AND weren't doing so already.

IOW, did Kid Rock's spectacle change anyone's mind to his favor? We have no way of knowing, but as his "argument" lacked substance, it seems unlikely to have had a major effect.
Kid Rock brought attention to the issue. I personally have never seen the commercial, the only way I heard about any of this is from people talking about it. The more attention brought to this issue, the more people will know and talk about it; and this added attention could result in many people who otherwise might have never heard about it, reacting to this issue in a way they would not have otherwise.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Kid Rock brought attention to the issue. I personally have never seen the commercial, the only way I heard about any of this is from people talking about it. The more attention brought to this issue, the more people will know and talk about it; and this added attention could result in many people who otherwise might have never heard about it, reacting to this issue in a way they would not have otherwise.
It is all free publicity. Both for Anheuser Busch and the far right beer (they do not seem to realize that fascism is on the far right). Both companies will profit from it since anything that raises public awareness of a product tends to help it. I am thinking that A B will profit quite a bit more.

Kfox

Heh... you say this as if people ranting on YouTube about consumer products - or rather, about fringe views that they think are somehow related to consumer products - are having any effect on their audience besides convincing them that they're unhinged fools.
I say this because it's true; regardless of your personal beliefs of people who agree with him.