• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kick Rock shoots "woke" beer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Who decides what is a real thing to complain about? You? Or the person complaining.

How does this difference support your claim that all publicity is good for business?
AB has done nothing ti actually harm people. They just upset a bunch of chickens who's feelings on the issue shouldn't be catered to (bigotry in general should never be catered to).

Kfox

Nor are all the Ls big fans of the Bs or the Gs. And some white people hate being grouped into the category of "human" with non-white people.
Not a very good analogy. As humans, white people have their own group, LGBTQ does not. Again; it is absurd to try to claim if someone has a problem with the T, (which is what this forum is about) that they also have a problem with all the other letters.
Not everyone has to 100% agree uniformly like an amorphous blob in order for their grouping together in certain contexts to be an overall social benefit.

Being upset that your particular letter happens to be mentioned often with somebody else's letter is the height of childishness.
Ahh so if whites were lumped in the same category as blacks, you don't think anyone would complain?
Please stop pretending to care about it.
Please stop pretending what you're saying make sense.

Kfox

Enron was not in the business of selling goods directly to consumers. Transgender is a new problem for society. It will take some time to work everything out. That is still not an excuse for transphobia.
My point was; just because it's publicity, doesn't mean it's going to work out well for ya

Kfox

Oh, it doesn't.

Look at Kid Rock: the more publicity he gets for being right wing fringe, the worse his albums do.

He had a decent number of hits back in 1999 to early 2000s, but hasn't managed to get onto the Billboard Hot 100 since he endorsed Trump during Trump's first presidential campaign.

Ahh so you agree with me? Well if only you could convince @Shadow Wolf of that.

Shadow Wolf

I don't know much about Kid Rock, Keurigs, or beer, to be honest.
I like Kuerig for an easy cuppa tea. Some beers are ok. Bit with Kid Rock you are missing nothing. He had a few songs you could mosh and headbang to over 20years ago, but even those I don't see having much of an appeal to tbose who weren't teens and young adults back then.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I like Kuerig for an easy cuppa tea. Some beers are ok. Bit with Kid Rock you are missing nothing. He had a few songs you could mosh and headbang to over 20years ago, but even those I don't see having much of an appeal to tbose who weren't teens and young adults back then.
He was garbage even when he was current. He's as if meth itself had a cartoon personification.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
That was supposed to be a joke at my own expense. Lol. I do like PBR, but it has its own stereotypes associated with it. I love craft beer the most. Columbus has a number of breweries itself, let alone Ohio itself. Rhinegeist is probably the most well-known Ohio brewery, and the Truth IPA is my favorite IPA, I'd say. I like Brewdog, North High, Columbus Brewing Co., and Land Grant the best when it comes to Columbus breweries. There's just so many!
Weirdly I don't think I've ever had a native Columbus beer.

Shadow Wolf

He was garbage even when he was current. He's as if meth itself had a cartoon personification.
My next to youngest nephew showed me where he's still current. Some song I heard but didn't recognize him.
Then I showed my nephew a video of Kid Rock's Woodstock performance. A caricature of a white boy trying too hard to be caricature of a stereotypical black pimp I see as a good description.
Bit I doubt anyone who wasn't moshing then would find a single reason to listen to something like Bawitabaw.

Shadow Wolf

My question was how does those differences support the claim that ALL publicity is good for business.
I didn't say it always is. But it usually is. Especially if someone is offended. Amd a story like this, yeah, I'll point out it just served to make Twisted Sister and Judas Priest more popular.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My point was; just because it's publicity, doesn't mean it's going to work out well for ya
It was a poor point. In this case the publicity will almost surely be good for AB. The haters will forget and go back to their favorite beer. Kid Rock will finally get his date with "Wanda" and people who would not have tired Bud Light will now have purchased it.

1681700625753.png

We Never Know

No Slack
It was a poor point. In this case the publicity will almost surely be good for AB. The haters will forget and go back to their favorite beer. Kid Rock will finally get his date with "Wanda" and people who would not have tired Bud Light will now have purchased it.

View attachment 75349

What does that have to do with AB transgender commercial, can or whatever it was?

He was shooting beer over the transgender, not a drag queen.

Shadow Wolf

Maybe you and SZ are onto something. Besides what's in the mind, transgenders and drag queens look very similar and are very hard to tell apart.
No they're not. Drag queens are very flamboyant and typically exaggerated because it's a performing art.
Transgender people tend to not want to stand out, don't want to draw attention to themselves, and as such tend to dress more like regular members of their identified sex. And why would we dress as flamboyant caricatures of what we identify as and live as? Ciswomen usually don't even dress like drag queens.