• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's take Trump at his word

Colt

It's My Birthday!
Read your language, above, then read the language of Trump and Hitler in @anna.s post. Can you see the difference in language? Both Trump and Hitler use language like "vermin" and "enemies," while you used more reasonable terms, like "undocumented" and "unchecked," which does not demonize other humans. The former is really characteristic of authoritarian leanings.
Give it time, eventually the Left won't like "undocumented" or "unchecked".

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Insurrection

What a quibbler!

18 U.S. CODE § 2383 - REBELLION OR INSURRECTION​

Any act of rebellion or insurrection against the U.S. government constitutes a serious federal crime punishable by serious jail time and fines. This crime is embodied under Title 18 U.S. Code 2383.

Simply put, this law makes it illegal to incite, assist with, or participate in a rebellion or insurrection against United States laws and authority.

So call it coup (it wasn't, because it failed) or insurrection, and who cares. The ONLY REAL CONCERN is that whichever it was, it was a felony under federal law as established in 18 U.S. Code.

Bthoth

From CNN

Former President Donald Trump is planning a widespread expansion of his first administration’s hardline immigration policies if he is elected to a second term in 2024, including rounding up undocumented immigrants already in the US and placing them in detention camps to await deportation, a source familiar with the plans confirmed to CNN.​

The plans, first reported by The New York Times, would necessitate building large camps to house migrants waiting for deportation and tapping federal and local law enforcement to assist with large-scale arrests of undocumented immigrants across the country.​
Should Congress refuse to fund the operation, Trump could turn to a tactic used in his first term to secure more funding for a border wall — redirecting funds from the Pentagon, the source confirmed.​
News of the proposals comes after Trump at a rally in Florida on Wednesday promised to conduct “the largest domestic deportation operation in American history” and argued criminals were coming through the US-Mexico border and warned of “young, strong people that had bad intentions.”​

It adds:

Stephen Miller, a former senior Trump administration official who led Trump’s immigration policy, told The Times, “Any activists who doubt President Trump’s resolve in the slightest are making a drastic error: Trump will unleash the vast arsenal of federal powers to implement the most spectacular migration crackdown.”​

We've seen this before.

The they're-all-the-same cynics are ignorant, dangerous fools.
Evidenced in the courts and in real world, the perceive value that trump has created is just wrong.

Now you actually believe that trump can use US to sustain his own valuation of what 'we the people' are.

Colt

It's My Birthday!
I find your habit of always that everyone not on your side of the political spectrum must always have evil intent really off-putting. Hatred for the sake of hatred is rarely useful..
errrm, I think you are projecting your thinking onto me. You hate conservatives in U.S. politics and aren't even an American!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What a quibbler!

18 U.S. CODE § 2383 - REBELLION OR INSURRECTION​

Any act of rebellion or insurrection against the U.S. government constitutes a serious federal crime punishable by serious jail time and fines. This crime is embodied under Title 18 U.S. Code 2383.

Simply put, this law makes it illegal to incite, assist with, or participate in a rebellion or insurrection against United States laws and authority.

So call it coup (it wasn't, because it failed) or insurrection, and who cares. The ONLY REAL CONCERN is that whichever it was, it was a felony under federal law as established in 18 U.S. Code.
It's amazing how laws subsequent revisions change from the historical base from 1909.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
errrm, I think you are projecting your thinking onto me. You hate conservatives in U.S. politics and aren't even an American!
I don't "hate conservatives in U.S. politics," or in Canadian politics, either. Up here, I've voted for them. I frequently point out the good things that conservatives have done or said, including for example Mitt Romney, and I consider Robert Stanfield "the best Prime Minister Canada never had." I've long had great respect for Ontario's longest-serving Premier, Bill Davis -- Conservative.

And I never say "all conservatives..." are this or that or will do something or the other. I don't care for broad tarring brushes.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It's amazing how laws subsequent revisions change from the historical base from 1909.

Don't understand what you're rebutting. Even your 1909 code states:

“Sec. 4. Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be imprisoned not more than ten years, or fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or both; and shall, moreover, be incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

But what are your objecting to, Congress's ability to pass or amend laws?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't "hate conservatives in U.S. politics," or in Canadian politics, either. Up here, I've voted for them. I frequently point out the good things that conservatives have done or said, including for example Mitt Romney, and I consider Robert Stanfield "the best Prime Minister Canada never had." I've long had great respect for Ontario's longest-serving Premier, Bill Davis -- Conservative.

And I never say "all conservatives..." are this or that or will do something or the other. I don't care for broad tarring brushes.
Same here.

Colt

It's My Birthday!
Stop equating support for Palestinians with support for Hamas. It's gross and it doesn't work any more.
Hamas is comprised of Palestinians! The massive terror attack on Israel was Oct 7, on Oct 8 anti Israeli demonstrations broke out around the world! It may not work in your bubble, but the facts are what they are!

Several hundred rally in New York in support of Palestinians, terror onslaught

By LUKE TRESS 8 October 2023, 8:58 pm 7
Pro-Palestinian protesters gather in Times Square in New York City on October 8, 2023. (Luke Tress/Times of Israel)
Pro-Palestinian protesters gather in Times Square in New York City on October 8, 2023.

(Luke Tress/Times of Israel)

Several hundred pro-Palestinian demonstrators rally in support of the Hamas terror attack on Israel in New York City’s Times Square.
The protesters wave Palestinian flags and chant “Resistance is justified,” “Globalize the intifada,” and “Smash the settler Zionist state.”
“From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” they chant.

Several dozen pro-Israel demonstrators, including many Israelis, rally across the street. They sing Israel’s anthem “Hatikvah,” bearing Israeli flags, and they chant “Shame” and “Murderers.”
Tensions run high, with the Israeli group chanting, “The people of Israel live” in Hebrew, and the pro-Palestinian group shouting back, “Free Palestine.” Some of the pro-Palestinian crowd makes crying faces at the Israelis to mock them.
Some opponents argue on the sidelines, but are quickly separated by police. Dozens of officers and metal barricades stand between the two groups.

Yesterday, New York Governor Kathy Hochul condemned the rally.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hamas is comprised of Palestinians!
"Comprised of" is bad form.
The word means to be composed of.
Example....
"The whole comprises its parts."
The massive terror attack on Israel was Oct 7, on Oct 8 anti Israeli demonstrations broke out around the world! It may not work in your bubble, but the facts are what they are!

Several hundred rally in New York in support of Palestinians, terror onslaught

By LUKE TRESS 8 October 2023, 8:58 pm 7
Pro-Palestinian protesters gather in Times Square in New York City on October 8, 2023. (Luke Tress/Times of Israel)
Pro-Palestinian protesters gather in Times Square in New York City on October 8, 2023.

(Luke Tress/Times of Israel)

Several hundred pro-Palestinian demonstrators rally in support of the Hamas terror attack on Israel in New York City’s Times Square.
The protesters wave Palestinian flags and chant “Resistance is justified,” “Globalize the intifada,” and “Smash the settler Zionist state.”
“From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” they chant.

Several dozen pro-Israel demonstrators, including many Israelis, rally across the street. They sing Israel’s anthem “Hatikvah,” bearing Israeli flags, and they chant “Shame” and “Murderers.”
Tensions run high, with the Israeli group chanting, “The people of Israel live” in Hebrew, and the pro-Palestinian group shouting back, “Free Palestine.” Some of the pro-Palestinian crowd makes crying faces at the Israelis to mock them.
Some opponents argue on the sidelines, but are quickly separated by police. Dozens of officers and metal barricades stand between the two groups.

Yesterday, New York Governor Kathy Hochul condemned the rally.
Don't justify oppression & war crimes
that Israel commits against Palestinians.
Israel may defend itself, but not exact
righteous biblical vengeance upon the
infidels.