• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
He's being executed under the sort of law you said was supported by Islam... but regardless, I think that for it to be illegal at all is wrong. How does making "sorcery" illegal protect or benefit society?

it protects them from disbelief wich will lead to hell.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No, instead they'll turn to disbelief out of a desire to not be associated with murderous thugs. These lunatics marginalize the religion they act in the name of.

here we go again, that is your perspective, it doesn't make it right. why haven't i and the other 1.6 billion muslims world wide "turned to disbelief out of a desire to not be associated with murderous thugs"

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
that is idiocy, islam does not allow this stuff. how does the woman on the right know that "god hates them", did god tell her that?

Apparently the same Abrahamic god who is giving you your instructions.

According to this group, god demands the deaths of witches, homosexuals, and solders who fight in an army that allows homosexuals to serve along with them.
That woman received her instructions from the Bible, but she could have just as well received them from the sources you quoted for your beliefs.

Welcome to the Club.:facepalm:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
another reason that justifies the prohibition of things that lead to intoxication.
No, and stop judging me base on you perspective.

keep going mate you're on a roll.
I know, I'm always on a roll whether drinking or not.
Maybe you should keep saying this man and others should be killed because you religions says so, you're so on a roll and will get other to joined soon.

it protects them from disbelief which will lead to hell.
Really? Why don't you stop judging others based on your perspective?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Apparently the same Abrahamic god who is giving you your instructions.

According to this group, god demands the deaths of witches, homosexuals, and solders who fight in an army that allows homosexuals to serve along with them.
That woman received her instructions from the Bible, but she could have just as well received them from the sources you quoted for your beliefs.

Welcome to the Club.:facepalm:

you didn't understand my islamic point of view, muslims do not say things about Allah unless it is from a verse or hadith. i would not say that Allah hates you, i do not know whether Allah hates you or not so i don't say it.

kai

ragamuffin
people will not turn to disbelief as he will not be around to tell them their "future."

Eselam You live in a modern society with television shows etc , tell me are you saying that magicians etc should be killed, That all the fortune tellers , astrologists , etc etc that perform on TV shows are committing a capital offence?

Also do you think Saudis can police Lebonese or Albanians for that matter?

I am totally aghast that you seem to be endorsing death for this guy. This is a typical story and i am afraid your answers are exactly what creates anti Islamic feeling.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No, and stop judging me base on you perspective.

i never judged you, i was stating facts about one of the reasons why intoxication is not permited in islam.

I know, I'm always on a roll whether drinking or not.
Maybe you should keep saying this man and others should be killed because you religions says so, you're so on a roll and will get other to joined soon.

yes you are right, my religion does say so, that is the same religion as the one that man is following. so he is judged with his own perspective which is kill the sorcerer.
check mate.

Really? Why don't you stop judging others based on your perspective?

that is the islamic perspective and all muslims are judged according to it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I still say that if a Muslim can be turned away from Islam by merely watching an entertainment program on tv then they weren't much of a Muslim to begin with. If their faith was that weak that merely watching tv would make them doubt Islam then they weren't exactly a strong believer anyway. To blame the tv dude and execute him for other people's weakness of faith and their own religious shortcomings is pathetic. It's scapegoating through and through. How weak can Islam be if merely watching tv can undo the faith. How naive must its followers be if they are so easily led away? Perhaps there is an education problem that needs addressed if a person can change their whole world view based on an entertainment program. Either that or a mental problem.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Eselam You live in a modern society with television shows etc , tell me are you saying that magicians etc should be killed, That all the fortune tellers , astrologists , etc etc that perform on TV shows are committing a capital offence?

i don't have the authority to make a verdict on this nor the required evidence.

Also do you think Saudis can police Lebonese or Albanians for that matter?

the english and the US are policing the world, why shouldn't the saudis be?

I am totally aghast that you seem to be endorsing death for this guy. This is a typical story and i am afraid your answers are exactly what creates anti Islamic feeling.

it is not my problem that others cannot tolerate perspectives other than their own. they are at fault.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I still say that if a Muslim can be turned away from Islam by merely watching an entertainment program on tv then they weren't much of a Muslim to begin with. If their faith was that weak that merely watching tv would make them doubt Islam then they weren't exactly a strong believer anyway. To blame the tv dude and execute him for other people's weakness of faith and their own religious shortcomings is pathetic. It's scapegoating through and through. How weak can Islam be if merely watching tv can undo the faith. How naive must its followers be if they are so easily led away? Perhaps there is an education problem that needs addressed if a person can change their whole world view based on an entertainment program. Either that or a mental problem.

so you are saying those people who wanted to commit suicide for watching avatar are at fault?

why aren't the producers at fault for creating it?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I am going to finish off the night(and this thread) by saying. If this man is killed be this people for the bases crime, my his Soul find peace in the next life as far away for there god as possible.
My the gods guide him to happiness.
P.S. And for a religion the claims it's peaceful, there are sure of a lot of thingd to be killed for.

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
so you are saying those people who wanted to commit suicide for watching avatar are at fault?

If you can't see the differences then there's no talking to you, there is no reason :facepalm:

kai

ragamuffin
i don't have the authority to make a verdict on this nor the required evidence. And yet you seem to agree with the Saudi verdict?

the english and the US are policing the world, why shouldn't the saudis be?

I dont know i asked you? I take it your fine with Saudi religious police arresting Muslims.

it is not my problem that others cannot tolerate perspectives other than their own. they are at fault.

Thats the whole point of this thread though isnt it. Cant you see that stories like this are very near unbelievable to "modern" countries that no longer try people for Sorcery or Witchcraft and create very bad impressions of Islam.

Draka

Wonder Woman

You want to blame people who have imagination for people who are obviously unstable and have problems with reality? You want to blame people for having an idea of a Utopian world and the talent to make that dream unfold on the screen for all to enjoy because a sampling of people got depressed that it was so wonderful that they couldn't handle reality? I'd contend that if they couldn't handle reality afterwards then they probably weren't doing that well with it before the movie. No, the creators aren't at fault for people who have mental problems that would go so far as suicidal. If a movie world is enough to spur on suicidal thoughts in a person then they had problems to begin with.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Soooo, is Islam that easy to turn away from that it is in danger of a tv show? Are its followers that weak or naive that watching an entertainment program will devastate their whole religious life?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
And yet you seem to agree with the Saudi verdict?

that is irrelevant and different. the man was sentenced after evidence was gathered. i am only in support of the verdict that sorcery is punishable with death if one is found guilty.

I dont know i asked you? I take it your fine with Saudi religious police arresting Muslims.

yes i am ok with it if one is guilty. just as everyone is ok if i came to your non-ismalic country and commited a crime, your country will punish me.

Thats the whole point of this thread though isnt it. Cant you see that stories like this are very near unbelievable to "modern" countries that no longer try people for Sorcery or Witchcraft and create very bad impressions of Islam.

that just shows that the "moden" world is infact going backwards to those ages where sorcery was OK. as i have been saying, don't judge others with your perspective. if the modern world sees sorcery as ok that doesn't it it the right view to see sorcery as ok.

kai

ragamuffin
Soooo, is Islam that easy to turn away from that it is in danger of a tv show? Are its followers that weak or naive that watching an entertainment program will devastate their whole religious life?

Well to be honest i can imagine this ruling 1400 years ago but honestly it cant move with the times that's the problem its still 7th century ethics involved here.