• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You can't compare that to murdering people over silly, harmless nonsense like "sorcery". It's this sort of mindless blood lust that makes Islam unworthy of respect.

if you'd read my earlier posts you would have read where i said do not judge others with your perspective. YOU think sorcery is nonsense, don't get the idea that EVERYONE ELSE thinks that too or that WE should think that.

btw if it is nonsense then why do it at all and earn a living on it, obviously there is something wrong with him right?

Andal

resident hypnotist
then there is something wrong with you. do you believe your government is against you when it imprisons a criminal? do you disbelieve that your government is doing whats best for it's people if it arrests a person who commits fraud?

:facepalm:

my government doesn't execute foreign nationals in the US for US laws they broke on foreign soil

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
if you'd read my earlier posts you would have read where i said do not judge others with your perspective. YOU think sorcery is nonsense, don't get the idea that EVERYONE ELSE thinks that too or that WE should think that.

btw if it is nonsense then why do it at all and earn a living on it, obviously there is something wrong with him right?

No sensible and rational society accepts murdering people in cold blood over superstition. Period.

Andal

resident hypnotist
thank you for not being able to answer my questions. but instead post this

actually i did respond. but i'll post it again. my government does not execute foreign nationals in the US for US laws they may or may not have broken on foreign soil.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
THAT'S a real recipe for world peace, alright. In that case, God bless the United States Marine Corps.

You can get away with it with defenseless Lebanon, but try executing a U.S. citizen, see what happens.

can't hardly wait:

Myuran SukumaranAuburn, New South WalesDrug trafficking (Heroin)April 17, 2005Sentenced to death on February 14, 2006.Myuran SukumaranAuburn, New South WalesDrug trafficking (Heroin)April 17, 2005Sentenced to death on February 14, 2006.Myuran Sukumaran (born April 17, 1981), a London born Australian from Auburn, New South Wales, Australia, is the convicted ring leader of a heroin smuggling operation from Indonesia to Australia known as the Bali Nine. Sukumaran was sentenced to execution by firing squad by the Denpasar District Court on 14 February 2006. Sukumaran was unknown to police [1] until his arrest in Indonesia on April 17, 2005.

Myuran Sukumaran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just try it. :D

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
actually i did respond. but i'll post it again. my government does not execute foreign nationals in the US for US laws they may or may not have broken on foreign soil.

thats because the laws of the US state that. the laws of islam apply to every muslim anywhere in the world. thats what a muslim accepts when he becomes a muslim.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No. I shall judge. When it comes to horrible injustices, I will speak up for what is right.

you will speak up for what YOU think is right. that doesn't mean it is the right thing though.

i think everyone who has sex with anyone other tha his wife should be killed, do you agree that i am right and i should not stop speaking up for it?

Andal

resident hypnotist
thats because the laws of the US state that. the laws of islam apply to every muslim anywhere in the world. thats what a muslim accepts when he becomes a muslim.

if Islamic law is as you say then it is barbarism. I however, am more hopeful and will judge Islam based on what people like .lava say. At least then I can still respect this religion.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
you will speak up for what YOU think is right. that doesn't mean it is the right thing though.

Logic dictates that it in fact is.

i think everyone who has sex with anyone other tha his wife should be killed, do you agree that i am right and i should not stop speaking up for it?

Then your thirst for blood makes you less of a man and more of a beast.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
who says THAT? i am not sure if you are aware of how bad this incident is and what it means. i think Sharia that's applied in Saudi is not Islamic. who knows, maybe when i decide to complete my duty in Hajj, this so-called religious police could arrest me, accuse me for "fighting against laws of God" and cut my head off. is this normal to you? there is nothing acceptable about this. for one, Macca is a holy city for all Muslims.

.lava, you need to have done something wrong ad them to have evidence against you in order to be arrested or suspected.

Mecca is a holy city and a city of security for all muslims, but that man was doing what islam forbids, what the quran forbids.

any Muslim could go there to perform Hajj or Umra. Saudis has no authority over me or any other Muslim who visits Ka'ba. speaking more openly, Arabs do not own Ka'ba. and this, this guy they arrested, he just runs a silly TV show and i assure you there are dozens of shows like that in Turkey. these people are Muslims too. should they fear Arabic so-called religious police when they want to visit Ka'ba -one of the most holy places for us? if Saudis are willing to abuse their location on Earth like this, they shall never be the protecters of Ka'ba. they are only threat to Ka'ba.

see you said he runs a silly TV show. why run a TV show that one knows is silly? you know muslims should not engage useless talk.

i am very tired and absolutely sick of hypocritical so-called religious who push people away from peace, happiness and brotherhood of entire humanity. they are doing the best they can to damage religion

you may be right, i'm not saying the saudi government is the right government that represents the nation of islam. remember they do as the US tells them, they are dogs, but we must not le their bad ways influence us on what is right (islamic) and what is not.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Of course. He is being subjected to laws that are in conflict with the Islamic laws. The fact that he submits to man made laws not the laws that are based on revelation violate the Muslim beliefs.
"If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel." Qur'an
Which laws?

IMO, in general, the laws of non-Muslim countries don't require a person to follow an Islamic way of life, but they do allow it.

I don't know of any country that prohibits Muslim prayer, for instance, or requires people to eat bacon once a week. At least in the west, Muslims are generally free to follow the dictates of their faith as they see fit.

western movies and actors all promote lying, bad habits, bad morals and bad culture.
No, I'm not talking about just western movies and actors; I'm talking about all actors.

Actors say things that, at face value, are knowingly false. When an actor takes on a charater, he deliberately says things that aren't literally true.

Now, the performers and the audience share an understanding of what the performance is, just as they do in the case of a stage "magician" or "psychic". When an actor playing Richard the Third in Shakespeare's play of the same name says that he had the princes killed, we know that this isn't actually an admission of murder on the part of the actor. By the same token, when a television performer pretends to see into the future, the audience understands (as long as they aren't thick as bricks) that the performer isn't actually fortune-telling.

i see the point you are making but everyone doesn't share the same views as you. so don't judge everyone else with your perspective.
Given that this whole incident is about a man being killed by people who refuse to allow for other views and who refuse to see things from others' perspective, I find this statement amazingly ironic. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't a matter of life and death.