• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man sentenced to death for sorcery.

blackout

Violet.
Yep! even someone who is like David Copperfield is committing a grievous crime because a Muslim might believe he is actually doing what he does. Its inciting disbelief by allowing a Muslim to believe a man can do what only Allah could do.

These are sick sick people.

blackout

Violet.
What about people who play act that they love their "faith"
when really they hate it,
and deep down are very unhappy,
and would rather live somewhere else in the world.

Are these people sentenced to death,
if it is found out that they have been play acting
that they love their religion?

Or playacting for years that they are heterosexual,
when REALLY inside they are attracted to
and yearn for a life with a same sex partner?
What if it's strongly suspected by others?
But never stated directly?

Is there consistant punishment for playacting?

blackout

Violet.
As messed up, controlled, predjudiced and backwards as america is,
these threads make me want to kiss the ground I walk on.

Erebus

Ok serious question now. A few members have said that this man faces the death sentence because he is a Muslim and as such is betraying a law that he should follow. Does this mean that a non-muslim would be free to practice sorcery in an Islamic state since they haven't accepted Allah's law anyway? Also does this mean that the man will (or should) be let off from the death penalty providing he renounces his faith?

To be honest, if the answer to either question is no that pretty much negates the argument that he is only being executed because he is betraying his own law IMHO

kai

ragamuffin
Ok serious question now. A few members have said that this man faces the death sentence because he is a Muslim and as such is betraying a law that he should follow. Does this mean that a non-muslim would be free to practice sorcery in an Islamic state since they haven't accepted Allah's law anyway? Also does this mean that the man will (or should) be let off from the death penalty providing he renounces his faith?

To be honest, if the answer to either question is no that pretty much negates the argument that he is only being executed because he is betraying his own law IMHO

If i may ? and i am sure a muslim will correct me if i am wrong.

First off there is no real Islamic state ,no caliphate so no Sharia The point is the Saudis shouldn't be doing this anyway.

I dont think a non Muslim would be allowed to practice Sorcery in a true Islamic state. and you cant renounce Islam that makes you an Apostate which carries the death penalty.Or do you mean repent i think he can repent if the Saudis let him but that doesn't seem to be the case.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
here we go again, that is your perspective, it doesn't make it right. why haven't i and the other 1.6 billion muslims world wide "turned to disbelief out of a desire to not be associated with murderous thugs"
Why haven't all of you turned to disbelief from the effects of television "psychics" and "magicians"? ;)

Do you really think that the Saudi regime's brutal and insane treatment of people in the name of Islam harms the cause of Islam less than some guy who has an occasional fortune-telling act on his talk TV show? Really?

There is no need to torture him its what he does for a living they can see it on TV. Remember he doesn't have to actually be able to tell the future , its exactly the same penalty if he is pretending or acting.
I was thinking about other cases and the big picture when I talked about torture, though it seems they extracted a "confession" from him in another way: according to news reports, the religious police played nice for a while, told him that everything was a misunderstanding and that he'd be let go if he just wrote down what really happened so that everything could be cleared up. This statement was later produced in court as a "confession" of the "crime".

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Does this mean that a non-muslim would be free to practice sorcery in an Islamic state since they haven't accepted Allah's law anyway? Also does this mean that the man will (or should) be let off from the death penalty providing he renounces his faith?
Straight from the horse mouth(though I know this horse doesn't speak for all):
but if he was to commit a crime in that country whether citizen or not, he would be punished by the laws of that country wether islamic or not. just like the american woman (i believe) that was jailed or fined in Iran for possesing alcohol.