• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it?

outhouse

Atheistically
I thought you said pot was ruining children's lives where you live, including your neighbour's kid. Now you're saying the drug war is preventing this from happening. I'm confused! Is the drug war working or isn't it?

its not working good enough.

as long as their is dope on the market children will get at it, and stoners will ignore it.

Yes Brians kid who was very bright before pot is basically throwing his life away, part of the problem is all the heads talk down the issue and make it a non issue in their own minds only. Those who do not do drugs see the problems [yes multiple] for what it is.

remember post smokers are a minority and everyone else views then as a stumbling block in life.

straight people look at stoners as beavis and butthead and jay and silent bob. And they have not given amd reason for us to think otherwise.

Like it or not its ilegal and still outlawed and no matter how many excuses potheads create, the major problems surrounding its usage are not going away

outhouse

Atheistically
Rockys unemployed lazy stepson who has embarked back on his couch after failed jobs and is lazy as sin enjoys his weed all to much. So really there are two teenagers ruining their lives right now, just at my work in one dpt. Thats also without digging into other peoples lives and doing real research. im sure theres more the parents are just to embarrassed to talk about.

But im sure you all will make plenty of excuses to cover your precious lifestyle

Alceste

Vagabond
I may be wrong, but I believe it should be legal and taxed and sold the same way as alcohol with laws applying to driving and operating machinery, etc. It seems to be part of living in a free country. There's a lot I could say about it, good and bad, but that's all I'll say as I thought there was a rule about talking about drug use here?

Oh, yeah:

6. Illegal Activities
Discussions about your engagement in or encouragement for others to participate in any illegal activity is prohibited. This includes the use of illegal Drugs, infringement of intellectual property rights; including, music, software, or literature, photographs etc. It also covers Terrorism and all violent crime. And criminal activities. These Topics may be discussed and debated in a way that does not promote an illegal activity.

I don't think it's "promoting" use to acknowledge the fact that it is widely used and also relatively harmless compared to most other mood-altering substances (many of which are legal).

Also, it is legal where I live to grow and use pot for medicinal purposes, which (coincidentally) is exactly what I use it for. So there you go. I smoke pot for pain. Where I live, that's legal. I'll let the mods parse how to deal with my advocacy.

outhouse

Atheistically
I can see why atheists are frustrated by fundamentalist religious people. You have been presented with rational, logical, reasonable counter arguments and ideas and you staunchly stand by your irrational arguments and statements with a closed mind like your life depends on it ;)

I dont say this to offend or insult you by any means (I want to be clear on that). It's simple an observation to attempt to provide some perspective as part of my reasoning.

Peace

this is a matter of someone who knows both sides of the coin and the thin line in the middle [the truth]

and a bunch of ilegal drug using dopers with a truckload of excuses for the pitiful lifestyle with no regard for the problems they create.

I lived their life, and i have lived the straight life. Most dopers have never lived a straight life as long as they have been stoned. They dont have a real perspective of the real world. Again they are the minority

idav

Being
Premium Member
Like it or not its ilegal and still outlawed and no matter how many excuses potheads create, the major problems surrounding its usage are not going away
Still wise to promote the benefits since it is one of few medicinals where the benefits outweigh the cost. Any drug is always going to have side effects.

outhouse

Atheistically
I don't think it's "promoting" use to acknowledge the fact that it is widely used and also relatively harmless compared to most other mood-altering substances (many of which are legal).

Also, it is legal where I live to grow and use pot for medicinal purposes, which (coincidentally) is exactly what I use it for. So there you go. I smoke pot for pain. Where I live, that's legal. I'll let the mods parse how to deal with my advocacy.

your a user I would never have a problem with and never encounter. compared to users here, you would be a minority of the typical user

Alceste

Vagabond
at this point in time you cannot seperate the drug and prohibition as its not 100% legal yet.

Like I said, its pretty legal here but has the same issues surrounding it.

All it would take is one current law enforcement officer to chime in and shine a real light on current issues and you would understand.

I find it rather arrogant that you assume I "don't understand" simply because I don't agree with you. My experience differs from yours. I live in BC for God's sake! You can't spit without hitting a dealer, a grower or a toker where I live. But it's a beautiful, peaceful, community-oriented, lovely bunch of people who live here with me. It's not the gang of bloodthirsty sociopathic thugs you seem to think control the worldwide trade.

Drunks, now those are a dangerous breed. Pot smokers? Please.

outhouse

Atheistically
Still wise to promote the benefits since it is one of few medicinals where the benefits outweigh the cost. Any drug is always going to have side effects.

except for one problem

its a recreational drug with a BS excuse as medicinal. Im sure less then 1% use it or really need it.

No matter how you slice it it is recreational

outhouse

Atheistically
I find it rather arrogant that you assume I "don't understand" simply because I don't agree with you. My experience differs from yours. I live in BC for God's sake! You can't spit without hitting a dealer, a grower or a toker where I live. But it's a beautiful, peaceful, community-oriented, lovely bunch of people who live here with me. It's not the gang of bloodthirsty sociopathic thugs you seem to think control the worldwide trade.

Drunks, now those are a dangerous breed. Pot smokers? Please.

dont take me wrong.

your style I have no issue with, problem is every doper out there has that same attitude that they are different and not part of any problem associated with its use.

I see the damage it causes because I dont do it, and see first hand what it is responsible for.

idav

Being
Premium Member
except for one problem

its a recreational drug with a BS excuse as medicinal. Im sure less then 1% use it or really need it.

No matter how you slice it it is recreational
It would be more medicinal if they didn't take it out of all the pain killers that were using it. It's use is restricted by laws so that isn't a fair comparison since it has a federal ban.

outhouse

Atheistically
So does TV. Should we ban TV?

TV doesnt cause ruined lives like weed.

there is not one person at work who's kids watch TV and their grades went to hell if they even go to all their classes.

TV doesnt break their parents hearts as they watch dreams of seeing their kids go to college go up in a joints smoke

TV never murdered a user to steal weed from hiom.

TV doesnt cause morons to wreck their cars

TV doesnt cause insurance companies billions in claims from on the job accidents associated with its use.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
this is a matter of someone who knows both sides of the coin and the thin line in the middle [the truth]

and a bunch of ilegal drug using dopers with a truckload of excuses for the pitiful lifestyle with no regard for the problems they create.

I lived their life, and i have lived the straight life. Most dopers have never lived a straight life as long as they have been stoned. They dont have a real perspective of the real world. Again they are the minority

But you are lumping ALL users of marijuana under the label of stoner. That is not an intellectually sound argument. In fact, its just plainly not an intelligent conclusion.

I know people who went from pot to using other drugs. They definitely ****** up. I also know some people who smoke and they are quite intelligent (in fact some of the most intelligent people I know, with extensive knowledge of philosophy, religion, computer programming, IT security, computer networking, math, politics etc. They have good grades and dont engage in any criminal activities whatsoever. They live the straight life, but enjoy the smoke.

You're argument has no ground and is just plain invalid. That's just the end of it. Whether you accept it or not, your argument is fallacious and you have no solid proof to prove your absolutist conclusion.

outhouse

Atheistically
It would be more medicinal if they didn't take it out of all the pain killers that were using it. It's use is restricted by laws so that isn't a fair comparison since it has a federal ban.

thast a good point.

But nothing personal, it is not a good pain killer. There are much more effective means of pain control then weed. It doesnt do jack for severe pain.

It would be the same if I said we should all use booze for pain control.

BS its a recreational lifetsyle, nothing more

darkstar

Rockys unemployed lazy stepson who has embarked back on his couch after failed jobs and is lazy as sin enjoys his weed all to much. So really there are two teenagers ruining their lives right now, just at my work in one dpt. Thats also without digging into other peoples lives and doing real research. im sure theres more the parents are just to embarrassed to talk about.

But im sure you all will make plenty of excuses to cover your precious lifestyle

Hahaha first off, I don't smoke at present time because it is illegal and not worth my job. If it were legal, I'd be fine with using it.
Also you still don't present any logical counter to ANY of the logical arguments I presented.

And you talk about 2 people ruining their lives.... boo...hoo....
My brother in law is lazy as anything. He refuses to get a job, he refuses to go to college even though his mother has offered to pay for ALL of it. But ya know what? Doesn't do drugs. His friend is the same way.
So by your logic, lack of drugs ruins lives.
Correlation..... does not.... equal.... Causation...

Every one of your arguments will be counteracted or reduced by legalization.

What I love, is the people that talk about the harm of drugs... and then take their anti depressants and their habit forming, narcotic anti anxiety drugs. It's hypocrisy, and the fact is that scientific studies show there are no adverse effects from marijuana.

And to repeat myself, this is coming from someone who is NOT a Stoner trying to "cover my lifestyle"

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
TV doesnt cause ruined lives like weed.

there is not one person at work who's kids watch TV and their grades went to hell if they even go to all their classes.

TV doesnt break their parents hearts as they watch dreams of seeing their kids go to college go up in a joints smoke

TV never murdered a user to steal weed from hiom.

TV doesnt cause morons to wreck their cars

TV doesnt cause insurance companies billions in claims from on the job accidents associated with its use.

All of the points you present in this comment have their root, not in the substance of marijuana but, in the irresponsibility, stupidity and selfishness of human minds.

outhouse

Atheistically
But you are lumping ALL users of marijuana under the label of stoner. That is not an intellectually sound argument. In fact, its just plainly not an intelligent conclusion.

I know people who went from pot to using other drugs. They definitely ****** up. I also know some people who smoke and they are quite intelligent (in fact some of the most intelligent people I know, with extensive knowledge of philosophy, religion, computer programming, IT security, computer networking, math, politics etc. They have good grades and dont engage in any criminal activities whatsoever. They live the straight life, but enjoy the smoke.

You're argument has no ground and is just plain invalid. That's just the end of it. Whether you accept it or not, your argument is fallacious and you have no solid proof to prove your absolutist conclusion.

LOL that is funny right there.

bunch of beavis and buttheads claiming their all scholars and perfect citizens lol

Like I said bud, dopers are a minority

funny thing, when i used. I would argue blue in the face the same junk thats getting posted in this thread. THE EXACT same bunch of junk.

Im one of the fortunate ones to break free of my addiction. Im the lucky one. NOT the people i grew up with still smoking.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
LOL that is funny right there.

bunch of beavis and buttheads claiming their all scholars and perfect citizens lol

Like I said bud, dopers are a minority

funny thing, when i used. I would argue blue in the face the same junk thats getting posted in this thread. THE EXACT same bunch of junk.

Im one of the fortunate ones to break free of my addiction. Im the lucky one. NOT the people i grew up with still smoking.

Ok, give me logical counterpoints.

Actually one of the most intelligent people I know that I mentioned, has no smoked in quite a while and has had no problem with it.

Also, insulting the other party in a debate will only kill your credibility, just so you know.

Im serious about you giving me logical counterpoints here.

outhouse

Atheistically
when i was a stoner I would never stop in a debate about weed and say, ya your right lol

why would I expect it be any different now. It isnt.

please take responsibility for your lifestyle.

outhouse

Atheistically
Ok, give me logical counterpoints.

Actually one of the most intelligent people I know that I mentioned, has no smoked in quite a while and has had no problem with it.

Also, insulting the other party in a debate will only kill your credibility, just so you know.

Im serious about you giving me logical counterpoints here.

you claim because one or two very intellegent people use it and have no issues that that makes it perfect for anyone and everyone.

it doesnt work like that because of a few lucky ones. Most people do not follow your shining examples.

IS it a drug? yes

are drugs bad?? yes

do drugs get abused?? yes

does weed get abused??? yes and not one doper will lift a finger to do anything about it. Hell most of you will enable said behaviour.