• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana ~ What is your opinion toward it?

Alceste

Vagabond
what about this from your link

fail

Results: Current marijuana use was significantly correlated (p < 0.05) in a dose- related fashion with a decline in IQ over the ages studied.

That's more than 5 joints a week. Current potheads who smoke less than 5 joints a week experience a similar INCREASE, and the highest IQ increase out of the entire group, including non-users.

Read a little more carefully. Don't just look for a single sentence that you think backs you up.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I've read similar studies where Average smokers test better on certain skills that non or light smokers, but not heavy smokers.

outhouse

Atheistically
try finding a head who limits less then 5 joints a week. That right there is next to impossible.

most heads I know do a a doob a day at minimum. thats 7 a week for a impaired followers :)

when I was loaded I scored in the to 7% nationwide in my mechanics exams, a lot more to life then passing a test.

outhouse

Atheistically
That's more than 5 joints a week. Current potheads who smoke less than 5 joints a week experience a similar INCREASE, and the highest IQ increase out of the entire group, including non-users.

Read a little more carefully. Don't just look for a single sentence that you think backs you up.

from your link

To use IQ difference scores as a dependent variable to measure the effects of anything on the complexity of human cognitive functioning is at best woefully simplistic.

At worst, it perpetuates the dangerous and misguided myth that human intelligence can be encapsulated in 1 score — a belief that is abused and misused by many professionals and lay people alike. This "single score" notion not only misrepresents the whole field of modern psychometrics in the area of intellectual assessment but also ignores how marijuana and other drugs may affect some aspects of cognitive functioning but not others

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
try finding a head who limits less then 5 joints a week. That right there is next to impossible.

most heads I know do a a doob a day at minimum. thats 7 a week for a impaired followers :)

Um... I have a problem with that statement for many reasons.

I know LOTS of people who don't EVER smoke joints and come nothing close to 5 joints, but are somehow always lifted to some extent.

outhouse

Atheistically
Um... I have a problem with that statement for many reasons.

I know LOTS of people who don't EVER smoke joints and come nothing close to 5 joints, but are somehow always lifted to some extent.

the only dopers I know that smoke less then 5 doobs a week are broke and dont have enough friends to support their habit.

well that and many grade school children havnt hit 5 a week YET

Its a fact most dopers get loaded everyday, please lets pay attention to the word "most"

no-body

the only dopers I know that smoke less then 5 doobs a week are broke and dont have enough friends to support their habit.

Its a fact most dopers get loaded everyday, please lets pay attention to the word "most"

What is the point of debating with you if anyone who even looks at cannabis is a depraved dope fiend?

How do you feel about alcohol prohibition or gun control?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member

Ok... well I have a 'friend' that sure as heck isn't 'most' and he tells me this conversation is a little toooo generalized.

And generalizations make negative feelings easier.

signed,
'Friend'

;););)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
from your link

To use IQ difference scores as a dependent variable to measure the effects of anything on the complexity of human cognitive functioning is at best woefully simplistic.

At worst, it perpetuates the dangerous and misguided myth that human intelligence can be encapsulated in 1 score — a belief that is abused and misused by many professionals and lay people alike. This "single score" notion not only misrepresents the whole field of modern psychometrics in the area of intellectual assessment but also ignores how marijuana and other drugs may affect some aspects of cognitive functioning but not others
You realize that undermines your argument that it lowers IQ, as well... right?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

No, it's a fact that you have repeatedly presented your unsubstantiated opinions as "fact." Problem is, facts are backed up by more than "I say so."

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
didnt mess up my life

didnt cause me harm.

watching TV right now about the guy murdered in Almador county ca, seemed to have messed up his life pretty good though.

Wait, I thought you claimed numerous times that it messed with your education and all that. You are a very confusing person. Maybe pot does kill brain cells :confused:

outhouse

Atheistically
No, it's a fact that you have repeatedly presented your unsubstantiated opinions as "fact." Problem is, facts are backed up by more than "I say so."

I have posted plenty of links with facts

Your also asking for evidence from a subculture of criminals who preform ilegal activities on a daily basis.

outhouse

Atheistically
Wait, I thought you claimed numerous times that it messed with your education and all that. You are a very confusing person. Maybe pot does kill brain cells :confused:

it did screw up not just my education, but many of its users.

I educated myself aftwards.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I have posted plenty of links with facts
If any of your government propaganda sites supported things like "all dopers are Beavis & Butthead," I missed it. Also, the fact that they're government sites under orders to justify prohibition kinda undermines their credibility. :facepalm:

Your also asking for evidence from a subculture of criminals who preform ilegal activities on a daily basis.
No, I'm asking for evidence from YOU. Or, at minimum, an end to your punctuation of every highly biased opinion, anecdote, and stereotype with "its [sic] a fact."

no-body

Exact same logic that was used during alcohol prohibition.

You are a teetotaler that will preach to your kids about the dangers of alcohol as well as marijuana, right?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member

WHY it's illegal in the first place has NOTHING to do with it's medical or non-medical uses.

When Alcohol was illegal... there was LOTS of crime.

Now there isn't. (unless you include all the auto accidents and death attributed to it)

Would legality effect how 'criminal and illegal' Cannabis is?

:yes:

It's hard for people to legitimately study a plant that is kept illegal and it's hard to change minds with facts when those in control completely ignore the results of periodical study.

I'm getting bored with this conversation.
It's obvious we're not changing minds here either.

:sleep:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
You are a teetotaler that will preach to your kids about the dangers of alcohol as well as marijuana, right?

And heaven help you when they try it,
It doesn't kill them,
And the foundation of trust between you begins to crumble,
Then taking their activities into secret, hiding it away.