• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: Keeping the wife "in line"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
for me i prefer the subordonate womam not unsubordonate one .
I wanna live in peace :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
It is hardly important which one is prefered by most men, the thing is that beating is a pathetic escuse of behaviour control.

A man that need to slap his wife for "insubordination" so that he can feel to be a man is not a real man imho. And a woman that lets herself be beaten and abused in such a way is not a woman, but merely a scared child.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It is hardly important which one is prefered by most men, the thing is that beating is a pathetic escuse of behaviour control.

A man that need to slap his wife for "insubordination" so that he can feel to be a man is not a real man imho. And a woman that lets herself be beaten and abused in such a way is not a woman, but merely a scared child.
ok ok .

i ask you as a man if you want to marry and there are two choice which you prefer "insubordination" girl or "subordination" girl ?

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Women love a man who's aggressive.
you right :) .that's what i talking about from the begining , yes the woman prefer the man who had strong personality .
, but my lanaguage fail me . :(
and the men what is his farvorite woman (which subordonate/not agressive or unsubordinate/agressive ) ?

Last edited:

Kerr

you right :) .that's what i talking about from the begining , yes the woman prefer the man who had strong personality .
, but my lanaguage fail me . :(
and the men what is his farvorite woman (which subordonate/not agressive or unsubordinate/agressive ) ?
With the risk of just jumping into something out of context, I just need to ask a question. Why do you link not being subordinate with being aggressive? People can be independent and strong without aggression, you know.

For example I know a girl who hitchhiked through Africa with her boyfriend. She is not aggressive, but she is a very strong person.

Godwilling

Organic, kinetic learner
Why can they not be equal and speak about things rationally, finally coming to a conclusion as to what has gone wrong instead of beating his wife?
this is probably a conflict resolution strategy for ego-centered husbands with very low Intellectual Coefficients, with personality disorders. Logic and reason are probably too confusing for such man.

He would likely also suffer from low self esteem and is probably afraid of other males and finds his courage by beating his physically weaker wife.

My husband doesn't maintain me and I don't think any less of him, I am happy being equal. If he raised his hand to me then I don't think he would be my husband for long.
But that means that you and your husband are rational and sophisticated, and the wife beater is usually a bottom feeder.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
With the risk of just jumping into something out of context, I just need to ask a question. Why do you link not being subordinate with being aggressive? People can be independent and strong without aggression, you know.
yeah , it's not the same thing, but it's close in the mean
I just try to clearfy my point .

For example I know a girl who hitchhiked through Africa with her boyfriend. She is not aggressive, but she is a very strong person.
thanks for exemple .

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
i ask you as a man if you want to marry and there are two choice which you prefer "insubordination" girl or "subordination" girl ?

Neither.
I wanted to marry someone who believes in equality. Someone who considered themselves either subordinate or insubordinate would be on a different wavelength to me.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Neither.
I wanted to marry someone who believes in equality. Someone who considered themselves either subordinate or insubordinate would be on a different wavelength to me.
edited : I did not put this option in my question .because most of people want it , but in the practice life, in speciefic live between the wife/husband always there is a leader , she or he . it's like a balance always incline to someone .even if looks like equality but acuatly it's not .
the reality/life told us that there is always a leader in every thing , if the woman is the leader that's mean she had strong personality than her husband , inverse .

Last edited:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
....but the reality/life told us that there is always a leader in every thing , if the woman is the leader that's mean she had strong personality than her husband , inverse .

So you say. I don't agree. I think the view you put forward is outdated and unimaginative. I reject it and while I fully accept that others hold it I feel they are selling themselves mighty short.
Such arguments were put forward for everything from slavery to preventing women from voting.
Time and tide wait for no man.
Thank God the tide has going out on the hierarchical view of human life in the company I choose to keep.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
God order the Muslim woman to subardonate to her husband, and she will go to the heaven because of that , because he is the responsible to feed her and to care about her in everything . and she is responsible about him , and her kids .

Islam made also the women are equal to the man , in many things /levels , she had the right to choose her husband , and to learn and to work , to tell her opinion ...etc

edited : the equality is had big definition in the west it's becomes close to absolute FREEDOM ,which made from the woman as game for the men , she had the right to lose her virginity , and made many sex relationship by the name of love or desire, and wear what she want ,
and work what she want .......etc

for exemple : for the muslim women the work is an option , it's not obligation .
but for the western women is an option but it's obligation for her to work .

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
So you say. I don't agree. I think the view you put forward is outdated and unimaginative. I reject it and while I fully accept that others hold it I feel they are selling themselves mighty short.
Such arguments were put forward for everything from slavery to preventing women from voting.
Time and tide wait for no man.
Thank God the tide has going out on the hierarchical view of human life in the company I choose to keep.
if you read the this thread, you will now why i choose just 2 options .
anyway every one had his opinion .

no it's not outdated and unimaginative , it's god order to Muslim woman .
and i live it .and most of the women that i knew they subordonate their husbands
how ? and my mother one of them .
they cook for him and her kids and clean his clothes and house ...etc
and never go out from the house without his promession ...etc .

most of the muslims women subirdonate to their husband , if you are in region or countries , which happened the inverse , that other story .

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
if you read the this thread, you will now why i choose just 2 options .
anyway every one had his opinion .

no it's not outdated and unimaginative , it's god order to Muslim woman .
and i live it .and most of the women that i knew they subordonate their husbands
how ? and my mother one of them .
they cook for him and her kids and clean his clothes and house ...etc
and never go out from the house without his promession ...etc .

most of the muslims women subirdonate to their husband , if you are in region or countries , which happened the inverse , that other story .

I find that post incredibly depressing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's God law , we don't have the right to discuss it .
That's where we really differ.
Of course it should be discussed.
Different people have different views of what "God law" is.
(I'd say it doesn't even exist.)
There's no objective reason that one sacred book is any better than another.
Add to this the fact that followers on a faith cannot even agree among themselves how to interpret it.

Walkntune

Not at all saying bible treats them better but, does the Qran has any line where it says a man should beat a unsubordinate wife?
I suppose it is where you are in the Bible. A man is supposed to love his wife As Jesus loved the church. Jesus loved the church so much he gave his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.