• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My God Why have you forsaken me

Skeptisch

Evil is magnified though with having a belief in God.
What does all this mean?

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Daviso452

Boy Genius
You're using the wrong adverbs and adjectives....you're misleading yourself.
People do it all the time.

Humans are flawed?...no....we are what we should be.
Do we error?....yes....because we use the wrong adverbs and adjectives
and mislead ourselves.

True...most people believe in something greater, and do so for a variety of causes.
Some, fear death, and and the eternal darkness of the grave.
Some, fear hell and want to belong to something better.
Some do so because it makes sense.

6billion people will die in my life time...
All these copies of a form, designed to learn of this world....
all the while suspecting spiritual life....
and then we crumble into the grave....

THAT seems to be contrary belief...... and fake.

It is much more likely we are here to learn all we can...
then back to God we go.

I understand what you meant in that first point; I consider having error being flawed. But I do understand what you're saying.

But there is one thing I wish to comment on and it is a biggy; "we are here to learn all we can.." You state this as if it is our purpose. And this may be something for a different thread, but I still want to ask: Do you believe that we have a reason for existing? Or are you accepting of the concept of we are just the by-product of chemical reactions? I feel that is a very grand question.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I understand what you meant in that first point; I consider having error being flawed. But I do understand what you're saying.

But there is one thing I wish to comment on and it is a biggy; "we are here to learn all we can.." You state this as if it is our purpose. And this may be something for a different thread, but I still want to ask: Do you believe that we have a reason for existing? Or are you accepting of the concept of we are just the by-product of chemical reactions? I feel that is a very grand question.

Excellent question...and the answer I have posted repeated
through out these many threads.
It seems to be a fulcrum point, overlooked at every turn.

Picture yourself as God...yes you can.

Having created the universe...
The creation responds to your touch...but does not really 'respond'.
You find yourself ....alone.
You are the First...in mind and spirit.

Reflecting yourself is easy enough....but the image will 'echo'.

You have nothing else to work with but the substance you created.
You now seek a blend of spirit and body.
Man.

The chemistry needs certain conditions....earth.
The reaction is momentary.
With some manipulation, it does what is intended....it seeks knowledge.
Even when the possibility of death is known.

You are here to become a unique spirit.
Your linear existence insures it.

waitasec

Veteran Member

a truth you seem to ignore
as to the reasons your repeated posts are overlooked.

:sleep:

Last edited:

Daviso452

Boy Genius

Picture yourself as God...yes you can.

Having created the universe...
The creation responds to your touch...but does not really 'respond'.
You find yourself ....alone.
You are the First...in mind and spirit.

Reflecting yourself is easy enough....but the image will 'echo'.

You have nothing else to work with but the substance you created.
You now seek a blend of spirit and body.
Man.

The chemistry needs certain conditions....earth.
The reaction is momentary.
With some manipulation, it does what is intended....it seeks knowledge.
Even when the possibility of death is known.

You are here to become a unique spirit.
Your linear existence insures it.

That doesn't answer my question. Not clearly, anyway. The point of my question was mainly this: Do you believe in God because you believe we are here for a purpose? If yes, then you believe in god with a faith you have a purpose. The only reasoning you have behind this faith is because internally something is telling you that you have a purpose, with no way of knowing if that is actually god or being told from a very young age that you have a purpose and that you are unable to shack that thought that has been ingrained into your mind.

If no, you believe that life is, as some would say, an "accident," and that we have no ultimate purpose. But you may be of the opinion that we are able to make our own destinies; choose our own paths. There may be no "after," but that doesn't mean you should die. It just means that you better make the best out of this life.

I've been discussing this with Call of the Wild. I can give you a link to the thread if you wish.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That doesn't answer my question. Not clearly, anyway. The point of my question was mainly this: Do you believe in God because you believe we are here for a purpose? If yes, then you believe in god with a faith you have a purpose. The only reasoning you have behind this faith is because internally something is telling you that you have a purpose, with no way of knowing if that is actually god or being told from a very young age that you have a purpose and that you are unable to shack that thought that has been ingrained into your mind.

If no, you believe that life is, as some would say, an "accident," and that we have no ultimate purpose. But you may be of the opinion that we are able to make our own destinies; choose our own paths. There may be no "after," but that doesn't mean you should die. It just means that you better make the best out of this life.

I've been discussing this with Call of the Wild. I can give you a link to the thread if you wish.

You know a tool by it's design.....

Look in the mirror.
What you see in return is not your own handiwork.
You did not put you in your body.
You can't get out...by your own will...you're not really in control.

This construction, five senses working together, frames your experience
to your linear existence.
You are unique...you can't help it.

At the hour when your chemistry fails you....
will you have whatever it takes to ...'stand up'

As you do....what will be standing over you?

I've always thought the scheme of things to be...obvious.
What 'proof' do you think is needed?

look3467

Premium Member
let me get this straight...
it is gods right to choose our belief for us?

Right of "a god", meaning you and I as gods, to choose our own beliefs as a God given right!
Does that mean that all must believe the same, or else?

For God "so loved the world", meaning every soul in it regardless of how they believe, that He gave a son,(Jesus) not sons,(All of us) to the death penalty of which was a resultant of our being created "as gods".
Get it?

Blessings, AJ

Daviso452

Boy Genius
You know a tool by it's design.....

Look in the mirror.
What you see in return is not your own handiwork.
You did not put you in your body.
You can't get out...by your own will...you're not really in control.

This construction, five senses working together, frames your experience
to your linear existence.
You are unique...you can't help it.

At the hour when your chemistry fails you....
will you have whatever it takes to ...'stand up'

As you do....what will be standing over you?

I've always thought the scheme of things to be...obvious.
What 'proof' do you think is needed?
I'm still not sure what you are trying to say. Yes, I agree that I am unique. I did not choose what I am. When my chemistry fails, I guess I won't. Who will be standing over me? People I know. But not God, if that was what you were alluding to.

What "scheme of things" are you talking about? This is really vague. Are you saying that it is "obvious" that we are an example of God's handiwork?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm still not sure what you are trying to say. Yes, I agree that I am unique. I did not choose what I am. When my chemistry fails, I guess I won't. Who will be standing over me? People I know. But not God, if that was what you were alluding to.

What "scheme of things" are you talking about? This is really vague. Are you saying that it is "obvious" that we are an example of God's handiwork?

Your questions indicate you lean to accidental life.

And you have already dropped the ball about the scheme of things.

The Almighty exists.
This fails only if there is no spiritual life at all.
The universe may be large...but there is no place to hide.

Back to topic?

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Your questions indicate you lean to accidental life.

And you have already dropped the ball about the scheme of things.

The Almighty exists.
This fails only if there is no spiritual life at all.
The universe may be large...but there is no place to hide.

Back to topic?

I missed the first line, which really threw me off.

To answer it, usually you can. But not always. You come across a stone in a river with a hole in it. Is that evidence of design? No. But how often do you see that in nature? Not very often. Doesn't mean its impossible.

Just because something may seem obvious does not mean its true. You are assuming something in that case. If you had evidence of others that you PROVED were designed, then logical reasoning would say it was designed. A primitive person comes across an advanced tool. Do they know it was designed? Yes, because they have experience with designed tools. Primitive, but still tools nonetheless.

However, it is not proven that life was designed. No matter how much you want to think they are, without actual evidence, without proving god, you cannot prove that life was designed. It doesn't matter how obvious it is to you, because to me, it seems pretty obvious that it wasn't designed.

Spiritual life... I'm going to have to go with it doesn't exist. Do you have evidence they do? Or do you only have your own testimony?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Spiritual life... I'm going to have to go with it doesn't exist.

It obviously doesn't for you!
Just a matter of money, consuming, eating, drinking and sex .. nothing else :(

..and yet .. whetehr you perceive it, or whether you don't,
ALL THESE THINGS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I missed the first line, which really threw me off.

To answer it, usually you can. But not always. You come across a stone in a river with a hole in it. Is that evidence of design? No. But how often do you see that in nature? Not very often. Doesn't mean its impossible.

Just because something may seem obvious does not mean its true. You are assuming something in that case. If you had evidence of others that you PROVED were designed, then logical reasoning would say it was designed. A primitive person comes across an advanced tool. Do they know it was designed? Yes, because they have experience with designed tools. Primitive, but still tools nonetheless.

However, it is not proven that life was designed. No matter how much you want to think they are, without actual evidence, without proving god, you cannot prove that life was designed. It doesn't matter how obvious it is to you, because to me, it seems pretty obvious that it wasn't designed.

Spiritual life... I'm going to have to go with it doesn't exist. Do you have evidence they do? Or do you only have your own testimony?

You would offer one hypothetical stone....
in the face of 6billion+ occurrences....
And then say your logic is greater?

I think not.

The human design is indeed....design.

look3467

Premium Member
What does all this mean?>>>Skeptish

Means that for those of us who have a fear of God in us are more aware of the evil that surrounds us, thus more kin to avoid it.

Blessings, AJ

Daviso452

Boy Genius
You would offer one hypothetical stone....
in the face of 6billion+ occurrences....
And then say your logic is greater?

I think not.

The human design is indeed....design.

You would assume that a stone is a diamond...
When it is nothing more than a shiny rock...
And you say the shine makes you right?

I think not.

The human body may be designed...
but there is no way to test if you are right...
So all you have is faith...
And faith isn't always right...