• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My God Why have you forsaken me

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
The human body may be designed...
but there is no way to test if you are right...

Oh .. I don't know about that .. you could go and jump off a bridge... ;)

The human body is imperfect, from the point of view it can go wrong or be damaged, but for the universe to be as we observe it, purely by chance, without sense, without purpose,
is a ludicrous claim!
If it were true, then how could we be aware of the difference between sense and non-sense? We are part of the universe, aren't we?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The human body is riddled with weakness. If it's designed, the designer wasn't very good at his craft.

The design is complex in chemistry...
but it has only one function....

You are here to learn all that you can...then back to God you go.

The body will not do anything more.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
The human body is imperfect, from the point of view it can go wrong or be damaged, but for the universe to be as we observe it, purely by chance, without sense, without purpose,
is a ludicrous claim!
If it were true, then how could we be aware of the difference between sense and non-sense? We are part of the universe, aren't we?

Yes, we are part of the universe. What do you mean by "sense" and "non-sense"? No, it is not a ludicrous claim to say humans are without purpose. Do you have evidence there is? Oh wait, you feel science is too limiting, and cannot touch the supernatural. How do you know the supernatural exists, exactly? Because you have experienced it... I see... But how can you, a physical being, a part of our universe, experience something beyond our universe? Because of the human soul... I think I understand... But then how do you know the human soul exists? Because you are born with innate knowledge of it... ah, I'm getting it... But then how do you know you aren't just experiencing one of humanity's many psychological errors, such as placebo effect, forer effect, confirmation bias, etc. Oh, because there is a difference. Right. How can you tell what the difference is? Because of the innate knowledge...

And that is how circular arguments are born.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Right of "a god", meaning you and I as gods, to choose our own beliefs as a God given right!
Does that mean that all must believe the same, or else?

For God "so loved the world", meaning every soul in it regardless of how they believe, that He gave a son,(Jesus) not sons,(All of us) to the death penalty of which was a resultant of our being created "as gods".
Get it?

Blessings, AJ

no...why are you not a follower of islam?

look3467

Premium Member
Heathen Hammer, I will further break it down for you.

Right of "a god", meaning you and I as gods, to choose our own beliefs as a God given right!
Does that mean that all must believe the same, or else?

For God "so loved the world", meaning every soul in it regardless of how they believe, that He gave a son,(Jesus) not sons,(All of us) to the death penalty of which was a resultant of our being created "as gods".
Get it?

Blessings, AJ

"The right of a god" is talking about God giving us (as gods)the right to choose, ye or nay, good or evil, for Him or against Him.

"Does that mean that all must believe the same, or else?"

Meaning that because of choice we all don't believe the same with respect to God.

The church has added the "or else" clause, heaven or hell.

Where Christ is both king of heaven and hell, thus their are none left without saving grace.

Blessings, AJ

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Heathen Hammer, I will further break it down for you.

"The right of a god" is talking about God giving us (as gods)the right to choose, ye or nay, good or evil, for Him or against Him.

"Does that mean that all must believe the same, or else?"

Meaning that because of choice we all don't believe the same with respect to God.

The church has added the "or else" clause, heaven or hell.

Where Christ is both king of heaven and hell, thus their are none left without saving grace.

Blessings, AJ

Is there no punishment for those who deny the holiness of Jesus or anything?

look3467

Premium Member
no...why are you not a follower of islam?

I first knew Christ and learned all about Him. I have arrived at a point of understanding that it matters not what religion one was subjected to, but that Christ died for all.

The question is, if we, believer or unbeliever exercise the two greatest Commandments, from the heart, God sees it.

If to, that being the case, then Muslims, Christians, Jews can be one with another under those two Commandments.

The problem with religion is in understanding. Close minded religious believers segregate themselves from other close minded religious believers, thus one or the other thinking themselves to be the only ones blessed to go to heaven and the others.......well to hell.

I am perfectly comfortable with all religious beliefs, non believers.

Christ paid the price for our redemption bar none.

Blessings, AJ

Daviso452

Boy Genius
I first knew Christ and learned all about Him. I have arrived at a point of understanding that it matters not what religion one was subjected to, but that Christ died for all.

The question is, if we, believer or unbeliever exercise the two greatest Commandments, from the heart, God sees it.

If to, that being the case, then Muslims, Christians, Jews can be one with another under those two Commandments.

The problem with religion is in understanding. Close minded religious believers segregate themselves from other close minded religious believers, thus one or the other thinking themselves to be the only ones blessed to go to heaven and the others.......well to hell.

Blessings, AJ

How do you know Christ actually "paid" for our sins, and not just killed by the Romans with nothing special behind it?

look3467

Premium Member
Is there no punishment for those who deny the holiness of Jesus or anything?

Punishment? What was at stake was our souls. We, as created beings had/have no power whatsoever to effect a change to the state of our souls, (From lost to saved) save God alone.

There is no longer punishment as like the term hell, b4ecause Jesus has the Keys to hell.

He has conquered death for us and has also liberated those held in prison (hell) to where no since Jesus' resurrection, there no longer exists a prison.

That was simply stated, but there is more to understand of what transpired and why.

Now, here lies our responsibility, we shall reap what we sow, due and payable in the flesh, to where the wages of our sins is death.

After that, our souls go to Christ who purchased us with His life.

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
How do you know Christ actually "paid" for our sins, and not just killed by the Romans with nothing special behind it?

Well, I can only go by what the bible states and God's willingness to give me understanding.

I sought after understanding after wrestling with it for many years.

I believe I have a clearer understandings of God's works done in our behalf, strictly for all our benefit.

But because man is created after God's image, as gods, lower case g, God had to work within our capabilities to understand things which are spiritually discerned.

Jesus many times alluded to that fact. Here's one: Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Here's another: Joh 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Blessings, AJ

waitasec

Veteran Member

Blessings, AJ

:rainbow1:

that's all good. but if i find you condemning birth control; condoms the pill...
euthanasia, or same sex marriages...i have no choice but to challenge why you would impose your morality over others just because you believe yours is superior...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus many times alluded to that fact. Here's one: Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Here's another: Joh 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
Blessings, AJ

All who reign with Jesus as joint-heirs are born again [1st Peter 1vs3,23]
All who died before Jesus died did Not ascend to heaven. [John 3v13]

John [13vs7,12] is Not talking about an afterlife but 'know hereafter' meaning not understand at that present moment of washing Jesus feet, but understand about that afterwards [hereafter].

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

that's all good. but if i find you condemning birth control; condoms the pill...
euthanasia, or same sex marriages...i have no choice but to challenge why you would impose your morality over others just because you believe yours is superior...

This.....:yes:

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Well, I can only go by what the bible states and God's willingness to give me understanding.

I sought after understanding after wrestling with it for many years.

I believe I have a clearer understandings of God's works done in our behalf, strictly for all our benefit.

But because man is created after God's image, as gods, lower case g, God had to work within our capabilities to understand things which are spiritually discerned.

Blessings, AJ

But do you at least admit you are assuming that there is actually a God, and that your experiences may have just been an occurrence in the brain that wasn't true, such as placebo, forer, confirmation bias, etc?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Jesus for the most part remained quite at the time he was arrested and questioned. Jesus, being perfect, could have used his perfect reasoning which would have interfered with his purpose for coming here.

Jesus also could have called for the angelic armies to help him, but again that would have interfered with his purpose for coming here.

Jesus, in other words, could have gotten away if he wanted to.

look3467

Premium Member

WoW! Putting me in a strait jacket for what I believe? I'm not imposing, I'm explaining my views which should find no opposition, being that my view of God is including all and leaving no one out.

As for the natural:
There are some things I oppose that I believe would hinder our relationship with God and to our hurt.
Abortion, murder, lying, stealing, greed, selfishness, philandering, and such that would hurt another soul.

Those things are due and payable while in the flesh, so......what we sow, that shall we reap!

Blessings, AJ