• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Frubal?

Would you like this new frubal?

• Yes! Add a prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No, we have enough as it is.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Let's trade the angry frubal for the prayer/well wishes frubal.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Prayer is pretty universal and if you have a problem with people praying for you that sounds like a you problem. This isn't 'secular forums' this is 'religious forums'. It seems kind of silly to object to a universal religious symbol.

It is also the symbol for a prayer frubal that was provided on a Christian forum that I used to be a member of.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
It is also the symbol for a prayer frubal that was provided on a Christian forum that I used to be a member of.
But prayer is a part of most religions and this is a religious forum. We can only have so many ratings and on a religious forum it makes sense to prioritise the religious ones. Non-believers/atheists come here knowing what the forum is for, it's in the name, so to expect it to be non-religious is kind of bizarre. It's also a Western forum and for good or ill we have Western norms and Western emojis. But prayer as a symbol is so universal I'm baffled at people's ire. Is it so bad to click a prayer icon to well-wish someone even if you don't pray? It's a bit over the top a reaction to an emoji.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The OP doesn't make any reference to a prayer frubal, it calls it a prayer/well wishes frubal

It would be reasonable to conclude the poll was about a prayer/well wishes frubal, not simply a prayer frubal
Again, tell me what you envisioned a prayer/well wishes frubal looking like.

Otherwise, I'm just going to conclude that you're being deliberately obtuse and take my leave.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Again, tell me what you envisioned a prayer/well wishes frubal looking like.

Otherwise, I'm just going to conclude that you're being deliberately obtuse and take my leave.
Something like what @sun rise posted in I think post number six in this thread

Basically a big yellow humanoid hugging a heart ♥

Something that says "I care about you and want to send you my best wishes" as opposed to something that clearly and exclusively says "you are in my prayers" which I think are two distinct sentiments

I'm not a graphic designer but I think the thing sun rise posted would do, it is self explanatory, it would look like what it's supposed to signify

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Something like what @sun rise posted in I think post number six in thus thread

Basically a big yellow humanoid hugging a heart ♥
Please tell me how that can be associated with prayer.

I'm not sure if you have ever been on Facebook, but if you have, when you were Christian, how many times did you use that emote to send prayers?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member

I'm not sure if you have ever been on Facebook, but if you have, when you were Christian, how many times did you use that emote to send prayers?
I've had an idea

Why not have a frubal called "thoughts and prayers"

That could be taken to mean thoughts and/or prayers not necessarily both

And "thoughts and prayers" is a well known phrase

It could perhaps be signified by a sign that includes both praying hands and a heart?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I know you asked Eddi, but I'd like to respond to your question. I used it in response to prayers for a little while when I was still a Christian.

I remember when it came out in early 2020 in response to COVID-19.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Am on Facebook but don't use it, I don't really like it and have never told anyone on it they were in my prayers

Maybe I would have done had it had a different name?

Anyway, this isn't about Facebook it's about RF

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
But prayer is a part of most religions and this is a religious forum. We can only have so many ratings and on a religious forum it makes sense to prioritise the religious ones. Non-believers/atheists come here knowing what the forum is for, it's in the name, so to expect it to be non-religious is kind of bizarre. It's also a Western forum and for good or ill we have Western norms and Western emojis. But prayer as a symbol is so universal I'm baffled at people's ire. Is it so bad to click a prayer icon to well-wish someone even if you don't pray? It's a bit over the top a reaction to an emoji.

I understand your viewpoint, Rival. Thank you for sharing it with me. I appreciate it.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I know you asked Eddi, but I'd like to respond to your question. I used it in response to prayers for a little while when I was still a Christian.

I remember when it came out in early 2020 in response to COVID-19.
Thank you. I appreciate someone answering my questions. :)

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I'm quitting this thread

I've made my point

That there should be a frubal called "Thoughts And Prayers"

That's my contribution

I'm not too bothered what happens to the frubals

I'm done here.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Greetings RFians!

After receiving a suggestion for such, the staff have been considering adding a "prayers/well wishes" frubal. But, we wanted to get an idea about how the community felt about it.

We understand there are a lot of frubals already; there is an option in the poll for replacing the 'angry' frubal rather than just adding a new one.

Please let us know what you think!
Aren't (were) frubals awards rather than a selection of emoticons?

Just an observation.

Personally, I'd just get rid of the entirety of the emotes and any frubal system altogether and go back to the tried and true classic way of expressing oneself. :O)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't the 'optimistic' frubal the equivalent of a 'well-wishes' frubal?
1702088604285.png

We Never Know

No Slack
Greetings RFians!

After receiving a suggestion for such, the staff have been considering adding a "prayers/well wishes" frubal. But, we wanted to get an idea about how the community felt about it.

We understand there are a lot of frubals already; there is an option in the poll for replacing the 'angry' frubal rather than just adding a new one.

Please let us know what you think!
Well it is religious forums.....

I have never used the angry frube but some do, so replacing it would take their option away.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I think if we are going to use something like this, it should perhaps replace the current "friendly" frubal, because I feel it would be redundant.

But this thread is about adding frubal that looks like this: :praying:
As has been pointed out the "friendly" frubal is ambiguous. I use it for "that is a friendly post" as well as "I sympathise with you". The "prayer/well wishes" frubal could replace the second meaning but not the first.