• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norway -one of the most anti semitic countries on earth

CMike

:facepalm:
Yeah. And its no one's business how restaurants serve food safely. And its no ones business as to how employers hire and work their employees.

And what does this have to do with food safety or how employer's treat their workers?

While I am asking this what does have to do with cocaine or smog? :foot:

:sarcastic

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
And what does this have to do with food safety or how employer's treat their workers?
There is regulations n place to keep people safe as well as the animals. You are just going to have to get over it and either shock the animal or go vegan.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
You've already been shown to be petty in that you first tried to paint Norway as a place where they treat Muslims good and Jews bad. In a way attempting to create more tension. When really, the problem is the Orthodox Jews not wanting to follow the law like Muslims.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

While I am asking this what does have to do with cocaine or smog? :foot:

:sarcastic

It's a practice specific to a single religion, one of whose traditional practices, if followed exactly as tradition states, happens to be illegal.

All I can say is this: welcome to my world.

Among pre-Christian Teutons, free men carried a sword. Guess what? Carrying swords in public is such a legal gray area in California, that if I actually did, I could get arrested for "disturbing the peace."

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to addressing the real problem of antisemitism in Europe, laws like this ought to be on the bottom of the priority list, since they can be accommodated.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
:rolleyes: why does everyone look so deeply into the hypothetical examples? It's the question behind the example that matters. Regardless of the example used:
Should a country be forced to change its laws to accommodate EVERY religion? If not, what makes the Jews so special that they must be accommodated?

CMike

There is regulations n place to keep people safe as well as the animals. You are just going to have to get over it and either shock the animal or go vegan.
There is not safety of the animal.

It's going to die. It's a cow. :facepalm:

The Norway prime minister(s) made it clear that he/they don't care about the jews and their religon

CMike

You've already been shown to be petty in that you first tried to paint Norway as a place where they treat Muslims good and Jews bad. In a way attempting to create more tension. When really, the problem is the Orthodox Jews not wanting to follow the law like Muslims.
That may be because orthodox jews believe in their religion.

If muslims don't follow their own religion and don't have the courage of convictions they are in a pretty sad state.

CMike

It's a practice specific to a single religion, one of whose traditional practices, if followed exactly as tradition states, happens to be illegal.

All I can say is this: welcome to my world.

Among pre-Christian Teutons, free men carried a sword. Guess what? Carrying swords in public is such a legal gray area in California, that if I actually did, I could get arrested for "disturbing the peace."

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to addressing the real problem of antisemitism in Europe, laws like this ought to be on the bottom of the priority list, since they can be accommodated.

No they can't be accomodated.

Carrying a sword could be considered dangerous.

The specifics of how jews slaughter meat effects no one else other than the person doing the killing, the person eating it, and the cow.

CMike

:rolleyes: why does everyone look so deeply into the hypothetical examples? It's the question behind the example that matters. Regardless of the example used:
Should a country be forced to change its laws to accommodate EVERY religion? If not, what makes the Jews so special that they must be accommodated?
Same answer

The only people involved in the koshering of a cow is the person killing the cow, the jew who will be eating the meat, and the cow

It's really no one's business how jews wish to slaughter the cows.

The animal rights arguement is rediculous.

The cow is killed specifically to cause as little pain as possible.

Once again, a very sharp blade must be used, in one motion, at the throat.

The people who lose out are orthodox jews who have to work very hard to obtain kosher meat.

There is no reason for this other than hatred for jews.

When this law was debated the Norway prime minister said "we didn't invite the jews" and basically we don't give a hoot what they think.

This is only one example of the hatred of jews displayed by Norway.

As I mentioned before a former Norway prime minister criticized Obama for appointing a jew, Rahm Emanuel, into his cabinet.

Norway fullly supports Hamas, an organization that not only doesn't recognize Israel's right to exist but intentionally targets and attacks civilians.

As Alan Dershowitz wrote in his article, Norway Universities refused to allow him to speak about Israel. However, they readily have anti-Israel speakers.

Norway has a history of collaborating with the nazis and in rounding up and helping the nazis mass murder jews.

Below is a link to an article of more vile Norweigan anti semitic behavior.

N
orway: Extreme Expressions of Anti-Israeli and Anti-Semitic Attitudes | Jerusalem Center For Public AffairsJerusalem Center For Public Affairs

mycorrhiza

There is not safety of the animal.

It's going to die. It's a cow. :facepalm:

The Norway prime minister(s) made it clear that he/they don't care about the jews and their religon

Animal safety still applies... It can feel and think and according to what I've found, the practice of kosher slaughter is far from being proven free from pain and mental stress. I'm against all forms of slaughter, though, as I consider them equal to murder.

That wasn't the current prime minister or any of the most recent ones. As the article I posted shows, Norway is not above average when it comes to anti-semitism. Anti-semitism is a problem that exists in all of Europe, so there's no reason to single out Norway or try to paint all opposition to kosher slaughter or Israel's politics as anti-semitism. Some of the criticism of those two things stems from anti-semitism, but far from all of it.

CMike

Animal safety still applies... It can feel and think and according to what I've found, the practice of kosher slaughter is far from being proven free from pain and mental stress. I'm against all forms of slaughter, though, as I consider them equal to murder.

That wasn't the current prime minister or any of the most recent ones. As the article I posted shows, Norway is not above average when it comes to anti-semitism. Anti-semitism is a problem that exists in all of Europe, so there's no reason to single out Norway or try to paint all opposition to kosher slaughter or Israel's politics as anti-semitism. Some of the criticism of those two things stems from anti-semitism, but far from all of it.
Why don't you explain how a kosher slaughter causes pain and mental stress?

I can't wait to hear.

mycorrhiza

Why don't you explain how a kosher slaughter causes pain and mental stress?

I can't wait to hear.

The shortest time I could find to unconsciousness after the cut was 8 seconds. Imagine the stress of being restrained and bleeding out. Cows are intelligent and are aware of their surroundings. If it's not something that is considered humane when done to innocent humans, then it shouldn't be considered something humane when it's done to other animals. Don't get me wrong, I want all forms of slaughter to be ultimately banned, starting with slow methods which includes some forms of stunning allowed today in conventional slaughter. Also, let's say that it's painless, then that only applies to when it's done correctly. What if the person doing it makes a mistake? Then it could be extremely painful and stressful.

I don't know about pain, but I will look for studies. Until I find evidence I will trust the veterinarians here in Sweden.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Regarding bans on ritual slaughter, I find it highly hypocritical seeing how poorly our food animals are treated as a matter of course.

However, Norway is not the only country to ban kosher slaughter: Luxemborg, Sweden, and Switzerland have as well.

The issue appears to be the general rule that animals must be stunned before slaughter, which is against kosher practices. Traditionally, halal practices also do not stun the animals, but apparently there is more leniency.

In Norway, Muslims do stun the animals before killing them in order to comply with Norwegian laws. This is likely why there is no ban on halal slaughter.

Alfathi Wiki

I agree that stunning the animal is likely not any more humane than not. But I don't think a blanket anti-stun rule is specifically anti-Jew or necessarily anti-religious. It's probably a well-meaning attempt to care for animals that appears like a common sense approach but has no real science to back it up.

Both of those ^

I honestly think it would be better to have cows have happy life and then killing them kosher than having them caged all their lifes and killing them "more humanely" at the end.

Then again, better yet would be not to kill em :p

It`s not like the Talmud forces one to eat meat, just prohibits one to eat non kosher one :p

CMike

Both of those ^

I honestly think it would be better to have cows have happy life and then killing them kosher than having them caged all their lifes and killing them "more humanely" at the end.

Then again, better yet would be not to kill em :p

It`s not like the Talmud forces one to eat meat, just prohibits one to eat non kosher one :p
That's very generous of you. :cover:

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
All you did was say kosher slaughter is nobody's business and further ramble on about anti-semitism. You didn't answer the question I asked at all.

CMike

The shortest time I could find to unconsciousness after the cut was 8 seconds. Imagine the stress of being restrained and bleeding out. Cows are intelligent and are aware of their surroundings. If it's not something that is considered humane when done to innocent humans, then it shouldn't be considered something humane when it's done to other animals. Don't get me wrong, I want all forms of slaughter to be ultimately banned, starting with slow methods which includes some forms of stunning allowed today in conventional slaughter. Also, let's say that it's painless, then that only applies to when it's done correctly. What if the person doing it makes a mistake? Then it could be extremely painful and stressful.

I don't know about pain, but I will look for studies. Until I find evidence I will trust the veterinarians here in Sweden.
They don't need to bleed out. Their throat is cut in one motion.

They have no pain other than the second or two of the cut.

Stunning cause some pain as well. Most likely, a lot more than a quick throat cut.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Same answer

The only people involved in the koshering of a cow is the person killing the cow, the jew who will be eating the meat, and the cow

It's really no one's business how jews wish to slaughter the cows.

The animal rights arguement is rediculous.

The cow is killed specifically to cause as little pain as possible.

Once again, a very sharp blade must be used, in one motion, at the throat.

The people who lose out are orthodox jews who have to work very hard to obtain kosher meat.

There is no reason for this other than hatred for jews.

When this law was debated the Norway prime minister said "we didn't invite the jews" and basically we don't give a hoot what they think.

This is only one example of the hatred of jews displayed by Norway.

As I mentioned before a former Norway prime minister criticized Obama for appointing a jew, Rahm Emanuel, into his cabinet.

Norway fullly supports Hamas, an organization that not only doesn't recognize Israel's right to exist but intentionally targets and attacks civilians.

As Alan Dershowitz wrote in his article, Norway Universities refused to allow him to speak about Israel. However, they readily have anti-Israel speakers.

Norway has a history of collaborating with the nazis and in rounding up and helping the nazis mass murder jews.

Below is a link to an article of more vile Norweigan anti semitic behavior.

N
orway: Extreme Expressions of Anti-Israeli and Anti-Semitic Attitudes | Jerusalem Center For Public AffairsJerusalem Center For Public Affairs

1- Of course it`s someone`s business. People who care about non-human animals make it there business.

2- I personally dont see much wrong with it given my understanding of how it happens (and by much wrong, I mean much wost than already unnecessarily killing the cow anyways) but thinking the laws are in place just to bother jews is a bit of a high stretch.

some more or less objective standard(s) should be followed to make sure they are not (over :rolleyes: )torturing the animals they are slaughtering, and the "stunbefore kill" was one of the measures taken as a legal way to make sure of that. While they may be other "humane" ways to kill an animal for gastronomical pleasure, I doubt that specific objective standard was chosen with some anti-semitic agenda in mind.