• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perceptions of Israel Before and After the Start of the War

Since the war started, has your perception of Israel changed?

• Yes. From overall positively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. From overall positively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall positively.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall negatively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes. From overall negatively to now overall positively.

• Yes. From overall negatively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

• No. From overall positively to now overall positively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to overall the same now.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. From overall negatively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Don't "sir" me, young man....
R.9f8b2abe06136df19e8034d73e9421fa

Ok.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Palestinians had suffered from this monster

They're conjuring their own demons. No one can fix that except for the Palestinians themselves.

Until then, they are not allowed to be armed. It's for the best .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why do you trust what you are seeing? Why do you think it's even close to complete?

In brief: why not agnosticism? Isn't that warranted in this case?
There are people dying. Perhaps even worse, there are stories being told. Stories of massacre and vengeance. Generations will be told of what is happening now, as they have been told of 1948 and 1973.

Attempting to be apart from the matter is perhaps even worse than taking sides wrongly. It allows the perceptions to grow, crystalize and fester.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There are people dying.

Why are they dying? What are the circumstances? What is the chain of events? How far back in history are you able to go in your knowledge-base? Does it include both sides of the conflict?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why are they dying? What are the circumstances? What is the chain of events? How far back in history are you able to go in your knowledge-base? Does it include both sides of the conflict?
Necessary as those questions are, I am under no dellusion of being a decisive voice or anything similar. I will gladly give you my best effort at answering them if you really want me to. But it truly matters little.

I do however feel confident in saying that the decisive voices, hearts and minds won't consistently have the opportunity and the willingness to consider those questions and their respective answers carefully. That is... frankly, that is miserable. But that is how it is.

For good and definitely for worse, this conflict can't be resolved in any meaningful way without a lot of effort and diplomacy that goes way, way beyond the historical best, most accurate answers. We have to consider the dire reality that there are people who just aren't ready for anything better than continued hostilies. Far more, it seems to me, among the Palestinians. But to learn better they have to be allowed to learn better. That will take decades, generations even. And there are plenty of people who just don't want to let that happen.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
In the last several months, I have read different polls gauging public opinion in various countries regarding Israel's image amid its actions in Gaza. Without going into the findings of any polls, I'm interested to know whether opinions on Israel—not on every individual Israeli, but on the country as a geopolitical and military unit—have changed among any members here since the start of the war, and if so, how.

The poll is anonymous. I also couldn't fit more options into the poll because I used the maximum number of possible responses, so I consolidated the responses where the overall sentiment before and after the start of the war is the same (i.e., still overall positive, overall neutral, or overall negative) into one instead of dividing each into "Positively before and more/less positively now," "Negatively before and more/less negatively now," etc.

Other.
It is meaningless to me to judge Israel without looking at the other side.
In the end I end up being neutral in general and hope for a 2 state solution.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
They're conjuring their own demons. No one can fix that except for the Palestinians themselves.

Until then, they are not allowed to be armed. It's for the best .
The demons are who support Israel regime,
Which bombing civilians , it's most coward and criminal army in world, recently bombing civilians in safe zone which told them to go.
And execute unarmed civilians.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Who? What were they doing at the time of their unfortunate demise?

This is what allowed to post here ,if you interesting in graphic videos search in Telegram and search "Israel's crimes "
the mascares

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

Questions: who owns the parcel of land? Where was this? When was it? How long does it take to resolve property disputes, for example a property line dispute for a fence, in your area?

You're a land lord? You should know?

Most important: How does this story end?

What did Israel do about it?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Do you have any details?

In order to evaluate the numbers, you need:

Who, What, Where, When, and Why

Beyond conjecture? Beyond guessing?

@Revoltingest , do you have any details?

Beyond conjecture? Beyond guessing?

All you need to do is bring details. If you do, and I deflect, avoid, obfuscate, you win, and you're right. But you won't, because you can't.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Type it in words. Who? Names? Dates? Circumstances?
Since videos and images don't work , how words word ?!!!
Should I name all people get bombed ? don't you want their Email address too ?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Since videos and images don't work , how words word ?!!!

With names, dates, and circumstances the events can be discussed and evaluated. Without them, we cannot discuss them at all. There can be no problem solving, no root cause analysis without details.

And the simple truth is: if you don't have details, then all you're complaining about is WAR. And yes, you're right. WAR is bloody and awful. I wish that the Palestinian resistance would finally stop firing rockets at israel and accept a 2 state solution.