• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perceptions of Israel Before and After the Start of the War

Since the war started, has your perception of Israel changed?

• Yes. From overall positively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. From overall positively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall positively.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall negatively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes. From overall negatively to now overall positively.

• Yes. From overall negatively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

• No. From overall positively to now overall positively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to overall the same now.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. From overall negatively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
How about some simple questions?

Is he Israeli? Does he have an Israeli accent? Why isn't he speaking Hebrew??
Should in any crime refer to Israel or Israeli , made a details for you to believe ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
With names, dates, and circumstances the events can be discussed and evaluated. Without them, we cannot discuss them at all. There can be no problem solving, no root cause analysis without details.

And the simple truth is: if you don't have details, then all you're complaining about is WAR. And yes, you're right. WAR is bloody and awful. I wish that the Palestinian resistance would finally stop firing rockets at israel and accept a 2 state solution.
Word of UN,or human watch ,and all humans being around the world won't defeat a denial personality.
There is no words, there are images and videos as evidences.
take it or leave it.

Palestinian resistance won't stop until Israel change their evil racist behavoir with them.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't care what name you use when assessing fault. I need facts. Names, Dates, Circumstances. If you give me something to work with, I'll see what I can find.

Who? Names? Dates? Circumstances?
facts there are civilians bombed by Israeli army

there is no names .it's Israeli amry camera taken by Aljazeera.
you can ask for their names on comments of video.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
facts there are civilians bombed by Israeli army

Who, what, when, where? What were they doing at the time? What was the target? What actually happened?

Were these civilians in violation of an evacuation order? Were they camped out in a Gazan military installation?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There is no names .it's Israeli amry camera taken by Aljazeera.

It could be anything. It proves nothing except that you want to believe it. I'm sorry brother, there's nothing I can do. I want to help, but you're giving me nothing to work with.

What do you want me to do?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It could be anything. It proves nothing except that you want to believe it. I'm sorry brother, there's nothing I can do. I want to help, but you're giving me nothing to work with.
I give you what media (not Western which control by zionists) show.
Since the Israeli media don't show their own crimes ,so nothing exist it's all made up stories ?
Go to Gaza check by your self

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Torah is a teaching, Sunrise. The majority of leaders in Israel don't study it. It breaks my heart. If only they studied Torah and Talmud ...

I was thinking of the superficial view of the written Torah about various battles.

But your wider and deeper view including no doubt the oral Torah and the Talmud paints an entirely different picture.

I'm not an observant Jew but what I've read of the Talmud, for example, is very different from a superficial reading of the written Torah. So I agree with you on the wider and deeper perspective being sadly missing to everyone's detriment.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I was thinking of the superficial view of the written Torah about various battles.

But your wider and deeper view including no doubt the oral Torah and the Talmud paints an entirely different picture.

I'm not an observant Jew but what I've read of the Talmud, for example, is very different from a superficial reading of the written Torah. So I agree with you on the wider and deeper perspective being sadly missing to everyone's detriment.

Thank you, sunrise. That means so much to me.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Sorry nothing happen , go sleep .

Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Please tell me you understand the problem? Without facts and details, what can I possibly do? Cry with you? I will cry. After the war is over and Gaza is fully disarmed. That's the solution, brother. Gazans cannot have any weapons for a very long time. That will bring peace.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Okay, let's talk about this situation.

On its own terms, it is obviously a terrible loss inflicted on innocent families.

And it is terrible. No one can reasonably expect people to be at peace with losing their homes.

However, it is also part of a very difficult and very complex situation with many other, often much worse aspects. Misguided or otherwise, it is part of attempts at seeking alternatives to such things as the 1948 conflict and the need for routine launchs of missiles over Israel and interception of same.

It is really difficult to be patient with stories that emphasize the plight of the Palestinians when they go out of their way to completely disregard how few options Israel has, and how much of that situation comes from policies chosen and supported by the Palestinian themselves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is really difficult to be patient with stories that emphasize the plight of the Palestinians when they go out of their way to completely disregard how few options Israel has, and how much of that situation comes from policies chosen and supported by the Palestinian themselves.
Israel had the option to not steal their land,
kill them, oppress them, banish them, &
generally deny them peace, justice, & prosperity.
It began with the Nakba.
It continued unabated.
It's difficult to be patient with people who ignore
this, & defend Israel's actions, which have now
risen to the level genocide. Israel made a
conscious choice to commit evil. They could've
chose otherwise.

It particularly rankles me that my / our tax money
props up Israel, enabling this brutal apartheid.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Please tell me you understand the problem? Without facts and details, what can I possibly do? Cry with you? I will cry. After the war is over and Gaza is fully disarmed. That's the solution, brother. Gazans cannot have any weapons for a very long time. That will bring peace.
Don't cry with me.
Cry for lost sense of humanity.
Gaza war won't stop since they live in condition of seize.
How about West Bank
It's ok for sellter to have weapons but Palestinians no?
What kind of peace you want?
How to make peace with racist regime?
Why can't Jews deal with Nazi,if everything is easy with racist regime?

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Seriously, are you get influenced by investigation movies?

I remember that TV show.Maybe it's your relatives.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Israel had the option to not steal their land,
kill them, oppress them, banish them, &
generally deny them peace, justice, & prosperity.
It began with the Nakba.
It continued unabated.
It's difficult to be patient with people who ignore
this, & defend Israel's actions, which have now
risen to the level genocide. Israel made a
conscious choice to commit evil. They could've
chose otherwise.

It particularly rankles me that my / our tax money
props up Israel, enabling this brutal apartheid.
You know, it does not look like you are trying to deserve attention.

It really does not.

You know that, don't you?

If you want to be taken seriously, try bloody not misrepresenting the side that you are criticizing.

Because until and unless you succeed at that, you will be undeserving.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You know, it does not look like you are trying to deserve attention.

It really does not.

You know that, don't you?

If you want to be taken seriously, try bloody not misrepresenting the side that you are criticizing.

Because until and unless you succeed at that, you will be undeserving.
You've mistaken me for someone
who values your criticism.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Don't cry with me.
Cry for lost sense of humanity.

Of course. It's terrible. What do you want me to do?

Gaza war won't stop since they live in condition of seize.

It will change when they are disarmed and Israel is securing Gaza. No more rockets. No more tunnels means freedom of movement and goods and services returning, in addition to self governance. But the weapons need to go. And anyone fighting to keep their weapons is a danger to everyone especially Palestinians.

How about West Bank

The PA keeps flip-flopping and breaking their agreements. Israelis have lived there for over a hundred years. If the PA won't stop their unjust war, no, we shouldn't leave. We need that land to trade for peace eventually. Israel has traded land for peace before, so, we need land to do that. If the PA stopped attacking, then the majority of the West Bank would have transferred to Palestine already. That's Oslo-II. But the PA double crossed Israel so the deal is off.

What kind of peace you want?

Lasting complete peace. Upward social mobility. Opportunity. Water, food, shelter, education, health care for the Palestinian people.

How to make peace with racist regime?

That's very difficult to do.

I suppose I would appeal to our common humanity and our shared values and aspirations. I would try to always be the good guy in our relationship. I would bend over backwards to show them that I was not going to behave in the manner they are expecting from their false stereotype without compromising my principles.

Kill them with kindness, so to speak.

Why can't Jews deal with Nazi,if everything is easy with racist regime?

Well. We have much different and higher standards for making claims like that. We have no rational reason to consider the Israeli government racist nor nazi. That meaningless to me. You could call us kangaroos. Or school-buses. If your conclusion about this is anything like the videos you've posted? You don't anything about it. You're just name calling. It doesn't to matter to me. If it makes you feel better to call me racist and nazi, go ahead. It's fine.

I'd rather solve these problems. And I need data. I need something actionable.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Seriously, are you get influenced by investigation movies?

I'm not watching your videos unless I have a very good reason to do so. Please use your own words. I want to talk with you, not YouTube.