• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photogallery: Lebanon now

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Soldier-white-cat.jpg

Awwwwww......now that is sweet (cat luvr here :D )

Sad really, when you use civilian locations as bases of operations, your surroundings are bound to get hurt. When you allow a private army in your country to function without little or no opposition to thier actions :rolleyes:

Very sad indeed, I'm playing my violin for the Lebanese (or is it Lebanonese :confused: )people...I'm sorry, but they can't allow a group like Hezbollah in their country and not expect for violence to occur. It's very sad that people have died, but they can't blame America for what their own government has allowed to happen.

Ody

Djamila said:
I Nor did the house in Qana bombed this time around?
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/conclusive-evidence.html
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=109072

Debateable, As for southern Beirut, I fail to see how a modern military force would be constricted in its ability to move trucks!

I would like some information that shows from which location where rockets fired from that isnt based on eyewitness reports. The U.N. attack was a mistake, they happen, in ww2 bombers (low altitude) commonly dropped thier load to quickly, causing problems in the Allies front line.

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
Well, sadly it was a victory for Hezbollah. They now have near total support from all factions of Lebanese society, especially the Lebanese and Armenian Christians.

The protests against Turkish troops being sent to Lebanon as part of the UN force were, of course, about the Armenian genocide while Turkey still officially denies. But the protestors had more messages than that, which I've yet to see on North American news.

The posters they held up showed a hand with the Turkish flag shaking hands with Isreali or American flags, and said - in English - Don't believe the Zionist conspiracy. No Turks in Lebanon! There were also Hezbollah flags hanging from the churches of northern Lebanon this week.

That's a victory for them, same as its also a victory for Israel. The stronger Hezbollah gets, the stronger Israel gets. The people who want peace on all sides are even farther from it now, and much fewer in number.

Evil begets evil, it's simple.
i hope it is in fact a defeat for Hezbollah but only time will tell peace will be the ultimate undoing of Hezbollah, why because they will not need their weapons and if they make the transition to living peacefully then all well and good the other alternative is trouble with the peacekeepers who will withdraw and we are back to square one. the propaganda machine of Hezbollah has convinced the Lebenese they beat the Israelis , syria and Iran are declaring victory the poor lebenese are being led along by their noses. what a hollow phoney victory indeed

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
So the weak Lebanese government is expected to control an organization the Israel spurned the creation of and in decades has not been able to dimish to even the most insignificant degree? The Lebanese government, which doesn't even have control of the south of the country, is supposed to control an organization that Israel, with all of its American weaponry, couldn't?

So lets look at this situation.

Israel invades Lebanon and occupies it illegally for decades, killing thousands of civilians in the process. A resistence group named Hezbollah is established, and very quickly adopts terrorism as its method of fighting Israel in order to secure the liberation of Lebanon.

Israel fights them for years, cannot destroy them, and finally ends the occupation of most of southern Lebanon. And now that they've created the organization, and couldn't destroy it, they expect the Lebanese government and army - far weaker - to accomplish this feat? And not only that, but if they don't, the Lebanese people will pay the price and Hezbollah will become even stronger?

Nice logic. No wonder the world is in the situation it is.

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
This is how I feel also. It's like blaming the woman for being raped.

"Awww...Hezbollah...see what you made us do? Poor Lebanon..."

That's immoral and... disgusting to me.
no one is blaming Lebanon this metaphor is emotive and very profesional

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
‡Âlãn‡ said:
http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/08/conclusive-evidence.html
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=109072

Debateable, As for southern Beirut, I fail to see how a modern military force would be constricted in its ability to move trucks!

I would like some information that shows from which location where rockets fired from that isnt based on eyewitness reports. The U.N. attack was a mistake, they happen, in ww2 bombers (low altitude) commonly dropped thier load to quickly, causing problems in the Allies front line.

I don't see how it was a mistake? The IDF was fully aware of the exact location of coordinates of this UN base, just as it was with the others they've bombed. The bombings began first near the base, the IDF was contacted again with the coordinates and ordered to cease fire. Once they got the new coordinates, there were at least three direct hits...?

Seems a little bit more than accident to me, and the UN ruled accordingly.

Ody

Djamila said:
This is how I feel also. It's like blaming the woman for being raped.

"Awww...Hezbollah...see what you made us do? Poor Lebanon..."

That's immoral and... disgusting to me.

OK then

..When you attack an enemy who is in a civilian location, Civilians and not combating officials are bound to die.

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
So the weak Lebanese government is expected to control an organization the Israel spurned the creation of and in decades has not been able to dimish to even the most insignificant degree? The Lebanese government, which doesn't even have control of the south of the country, is supposed to control an organization that Israel, with all of its American weaponry, couldn't? perhaps some help from the ARAB league

So lets look at this situation.

Israel invades Lebanon and occupies it illegally for decades, killing thousands of civilians in the process. A resistence group named Hezbollah is established, and very quickly adopts terrorism as its method of fighting Israel in order to secure the liberation of Lebanon. your forgetting why Israel invaded in the first place you are cherry picking history

Israel fights them for years, cannot destroy them, and finally ends the occupation of most of southern Lebanon. And now that they've created the organization, and couldn't destroy it, they expect the Lebanese government and army - far weaker - to accomplish this feat? And not only that, but if they don't, the Lebanese people will pay the price and Hezbollah will become even stronger? thats right only Iran created it!

Nice logic. No wonder the world is in the situation it is.
whats your solution, i wonder

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
I don't see how it was a mistake? The IDF was fully aware of the exact location of coordinates of this UN base, just as it was with the others they've bombed. The bombings began first near the base, the IDF was contacted again with the coordinates and ordered to cease fire. Once they got the new coordinates, there were at least three direct hits...?

Seems a little bit more than accident to me, and the UN ruled accordingly.
you seem to be remarkably well informed from bosnia about Israeli military actions and the UN ruled what?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
The UN ruled the attack on its base was not an accident and issued an reprimand against Israel.

And of course I'm well-informed about the Middle East. Most everyone in Europe is, certainly to a much larger extent than in the United States.

Absolutely a must-see for Americans:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7828123714384920696&q=israel+american+media

The Israeli peace groups were involved in this video as well, which means a lot to me. Even if you watch nothing else, just watch to compare American reports with the truth on the ground.

Ezzedean

kai said:
whats your solution, i wonder

For Hezballah to stick around and protect Lebanon from Israel. You told Djamilla that she forgot why Israel invaded. Please Kai, tell me why they invaded?!!? Was it because of three soldiers? Was it uncalled for when Hezballah captured them, considering Israel has thousands? Why did they invade? Why did they ruin my country? Why did they kill so many? Why? Is it because Hezballah is a terrorist organization? Although many of you think so, much of the world doesn't believe that they are... So I ask again, why?

kai

ragamuffin
Djamila said:
The UN ruled the attack on its base was not an accident and issued an reprimand against Israel. do you have a source please

And of course I'm well-informed about the Middle East. Most everyone in Europe is, certainly to a much larger extent than in the United States.

Absolutely a must-see for Americans:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7828123714384920696&q=israel+american+media

The Israeli peace groups were involved in this video as well, which means a lot to me. Even if you watch nothing else, just watch to compare American reports with the truth on the ground.

kai

ragamuffin
Ezzedean said:
For Hezballah to stick around and protect Lebanon from Israel. You told Djamilla that she forgot why Israel invaded. Please Kai, tell me why they invaded?!!? Was it because of three soldiers? Was it uncalled for when Hezballah captured them, considering Israel has thousands? Why did they invade? Why did they ruin my country? Why did they kill so many? Why? Is it because Hezballah is a terrorist organization? Although many of you think so, much of the world doesn't believe that they are... So I ask again, why?
wrong invasion ezzadean she meant the one to attack the PLO.. i think if you love Hezbollah so much then you must live with it

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Djamila said:
Believe what you will from your media sources. You are not American so do not assume anything that we do or do not know.....I am American and there are plenty of us that know what's going on in the world. It's insulting comments like this that turn away sympathy from me also.

Does it occur to any Muslims & Jews that perhaps a reason Americans don't seem more interested is because conflicts in the Middle East have been going on since the days of Issac and Ishmael? I am much older than you Djamila and this conflict between the descendants of Abraham have certainly been happening my entire life.

Perhaps we are sick of it. Two babies continually fighting.

kai

ragamuffin
Buttercup said:
Believe what you will from your media sources. You are not American so do not assume anything that we do or do not know.....I am American and there are plenty of us that know what's going on in the world. It's insulting comments like this that turn away sympathy from me also.

Does it occur to any Muslims & Jews that perhaps a reason Americans don't seem more interested is because conflicts in the Middle East have been going on since the days of Issac and Ishmael? I am much older than you Djamila and this conflict between the descendants of Abraham have certainly been happening my entire life.

i agree two babies consumed with hatred unable to see what they are doing wrong, unable to tell when they are wrong so they are rarely right everyones sick of it , one day no one will care if they kill each other to the last

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Buttercup said:

It's common sense that someone watching FOX News or CNN doesn't know as much about the conflict as someone watching, for example, BBC - if that is their main source of information.

As an example, American media refers to illegal Israeli settlements on occupied territory, for which there is a UN resolution demanding Israel to vacate, as "neighborhoods". It refers to Gilo as a "neighborhood south of Jerusalem". Just watching BBC, at least you know it is an illegal settlement.

Even watching Israeli news, which is must say is some of the best in that region, you know this much. I'd choose Ha'aretz over al'Jazeera any day, it's not a conflict between Palestinians and Israelis. It's a conflict between those who want peace, and those who do not - and the latter consists of more than just Hamas.