• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Hungary ;-)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Ukraine, Russia, Donetsk PR, Luhansk PR according to the article.
So will you admit that Ukraine murdered the separatists of these two Donbas regions just because they fought for the independence of their own regions?
Do you always read an article before you use it as evidence for your position? I always do that.
I have been reading that article for a decade, almost.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes and for that follows that Russia is physically incapable of starting wars. God has in fact made the world so that the USSR/Russia couldn't start wars and it has always been so. That is the truth as from God, right?

I'm reminded of times during the Cold War when there were those who spoke of Russia and the USSR in terms of Bible prophecy, which also fed into perceptions of America and our role in God's alleged master plan and grand design. The idea is that God has blessed America, while Russia is considered some sort of evil "demonic" state. The same idea also feeds into notions that the U.S. must give absolute and unconditional support to Israel, because that, too, is part of God's will.

I don't really believe any of that, and I'm not sure how many people actually do believe it. But there are some. But now, Russia seems to have had a resurgence in Christianity. Do Christians in the U.S. or Europe see that as a sign that Russia is now on their side? That may explain some aspects of why some on the Christian Right might seem more sympathetic, although that's just speculation on my part.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
So will you admit that Ukraine murdered the separatists of these two Donbas regions just because they fought for the independence of their own regions?

I have been reading that article for a decade, almost.

No, you don't murder the enemy in war as such. If it involves murder please quote the actual relevant part with inline sources.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yes. Evidently Putin is afraid that the NATO uses Ukraine as military colony to attack Russia.
An irrational fear, which illustrates how unstable putin is. NATO and NATO nations want to promote peace and economic stability. putin is the war monger, and the war criminal. Get rid of putin and end the war, and then Russia can rebuild its reputation and place in the world.

The EU can be the promoter of a treaty of peace and supervise these referendums in those four regions.
Donbas, Zaporozhe, Kharkiv.
The EU will prevent any kind of coercion and intimidation.
If regions of Ukraine want to join Russia then it eeds to be done via politics, not war. NATO wants peace and stability, and putin caused war and economic instability. He has killed many civilians, thus his status as war criminal.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm reminded of times during the Cold War when there were those who spoke of Russia and the USSR in terms of Bible prophecy, which also fed into perceptions of America and our role in God's alleged master plan and grand design. The idea is that God has blessed America, while Russia is considered some sort of evil "demonic" state. The same idea also feeds into notions that the U.S. must give absolute and unconditional support to Israel, because that, too, is part of God's will.
In my country Communists and Christian Democrats governed together many times.
:)
Communists were funded by Moscow, of course.
I don't really believe any of that, and I'm not sure how many people actually do believe it. But there are some. But now, Russia seems to have had a resurgence in Christianity. Do Christians in the U.S. or Europe see that as a sign that Russia is now on their side? That may explain some aspects of why some on the Christian Right might seem more sympathetic, although that's just speculation on my part.
This is an absolutely relevant factor.
Nevertheless...even during the Cold War...we have never heard of people calling Russians the enemy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Let's hope so.
For a moment I read the date the European way...so I thought it was from May. ;)

Yes, it's from the DW site, so you'd think they would have had the date in the European way in the link. But since I viewed it in the U.S., perhaps they "translate" it into U.S. style. I see it's often done with temperatures as well.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

In short, Putin has made an alliance with the Russian Orthodox Church and gone against all things "Western woke" in the culture wars. So now he is one of the saviours of the right wing Christianity.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Nevertheless...even during the Cold War...we have never heard of people calling Russians the enemy.

Well, it did happen in Denmark and I guess it happened elsewhere. Do you know of the whole cold war period for all of the non-US NATO?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Stoltenberg said that the war started in 2014...and since 2014 NATO have been aiding and abetting Ukrainians.
NATO is supporting a sovereign nation from a hostile adversary. That is the point of NATO, to protect member nations. Unfortunately Ukraine wasn't a member yet, but wants to be.
So it's the NATO who want to use Ukraine as pawn to attack and conquer Russia...not the other way around.
False. putin was the hostile power that invaded Ukraine, and NATO is defending the sovereign nation. Remember, you said sovereign nations should defend themselves. But many of your assumptions about Ukraine are all wrong, and you side with the war criminal who invaded a sovereign nation.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An irrational fear, which illustrates how unstable putin is. NATO and NATO nations want to promote peace and economic stability. putin is the war monger, and the war criminal. Get rid of putin and end the war, and then Russia can rebuild its reputation and place in the world.

If regions of Ukraine want to join Russia then it eeds to be done via politics, not war. NATO wants peace and stability, and putin caused war and economic instability. He has killed many civilians, thus his status as war criminal.
Why do we never mention the European Union?
Do we exist too...or we are just nothingness?
;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You expect me to read such a long article?
I already knew that there is a strong cultural factor that pushes Russia to have an influence on Kiev...
there is also the fact that he is afraid that the NATO wants to attack Russia (and knowing how warlike the NATO is, he is right).

But the question is that those Russian-speaking regions are not Ukrainian any more. They are Russian.
We Italians lost many territories after WW2.
We didn't commit a mass suicide.
So I would suggest Ukrainians to GROW UP and to stop acting like children. They must accept they lost those territories.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Such things would be unheard of in the U.S. The Communist Party was and still is legal in the U.S., but pretty much isolated and shut out of the political arena. Its members were hounded and persecuted on a regular basis. Nowadays, I think most people see it as irrelevant, but it doesn't appear to produce the same visceral, witch-burning mob reaction that it once did.

It's hard to say if Russia really was or still is an enemy or not. Many in the U.S. saw them that way, and many still do. But what makes a country an "enemy" anyway? Did they decide to become our enemy, or did we decide to become their enemy? And who decides these things anyway? I don't recall any vote or national referendum as to who America's enemies should be (or who our friends should be). Maybe we need something like that.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You expect me to read such a long article?
I already knew that there is a strong cultural factor that pushes Russia to have an influence on Kiev...
there is also the fact that he is afraid that the NATO wants to attack Russia (and knowing how warlike the NATO is, he is right).

But the question is that those Russian-speaking regions are not Russian any more.
We Italians lost many territories after WW2.
We didn't commit a mass suicide.
So I would suggest Ukrainians to GROW UP and to stop acting like children. They must accept they lost those territories.

So you didn't even read the start, where he claims this:
"...I said that Russians and Ukrainians were one people – a single whole. ..."

So Putin decides that Ukraine is not separate from Russia and you are okay with that?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In short, Putin has made an alliance with the Russian Orthodox Church and gone against all things "Western woke" in the culture wars. So now he is one of the saviours of the right wing Christianity.

That's what it would appear to be.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So you didn't even read the start, where he claims this:
"...I said that Russians and Ukrainians were one people – a single whole. ..."

So Putin decides that Ukraine is not separate from Russia and you are okay with that?
Of course not.
That is why Ukraine needs to join the European Union, so Russians cope with the fact that Ukraine is an independent and sovereign country.
But if the price of this freedom is these 4 regions plus Crimea, let's give them to them.