• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Return of Christ

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Ahh viole...back for another spanking? :yes:

It saddens me that you perceive my replies to you as "spanking you". It is not my intention, really.

John 21:17..the attribute of omniscient is given to Jesus by Peter, which Jesus didn't deny.

Rev 19:12 "His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself."

So based on that verse, Jesus knows something that the Father doesn't..yet the scripture is clear, that God knows everything.

So how can these scriptures be reconciled?

Simple. Whoever wrote the Bible didn't pay attention.

One way is simple: Throughout the Gospels, there has always been a distinguishment between Jesus while he dealt with the limitations of being a human....and Jesus being God incarnate. Apparantly, it is within his power to take the form of a human and lack certain knowledge, but as God, retain such knowledge...and this is what was happening in the scripture you presented.

Yes, but if Jesus also knew something that the Father didn't (your John passage), then either the Father is not omniscient, either, or He took a human form as well. I am not sure how biblical that is.

Incidentally. I presume that Jesus existed before incarnating, unless the trinity was, in fact, a binity before His human birth.

So, I also expect that being not incarnated allowed Him to share the same knowledge that the Father had, if only being a human reduces knowledge, according to your rationalization.

Does incarnation of a God into a human cause amnesia?

In the Revelation scripture, the author obviously thought it was obvious that the Father knows the name, and was implying that no one besides Jesus and the Father knew the name.

So, did the Father know the name or not? And what about the Holy Ghost?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

I think it is becoming clear that God's kingdom is coming to earth soon and many of the biblical signs for the return of Jesus Christ to are in place and others are rapidly continuing to occur. Does anyone else sense the nearness of His return?

For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth. Psalm 96:13

lBirth Pangs - ABC's of Prophecy

I agree ... the time for return of Jesus(pbuh) is near ...

Call_of_the_Wild

It saddens me that you perceive my replies to you as "spanking you". It is not my intention, really.

LOL

Simple. Whoever wrote the Bible didn't pay attention.

Sure. Go with that.

Yes, but if Jesus also knew something that the Father didn't (your John passage), then either the Father is not omniscient, either, or He took a human form as well. I am not sure how biblical that is.

Both the Father and the Son are omniscient...and anyone that says otherwise is failing to reason within the scriptures.

Incidentally. I presume that Jesus existed before incarnating, unless the trinity was, in fact, a binity before His human birth.

Jesus never began to exist.

So, I also expect that being not incarnated allowed Him to share the same knowledge that the Father had, if only being a human reduces knowledge, according to your rationalization.

Huh?

Does incarnation of a God into a human cause amnesia?

Maybe temporarly. Maybe God has the power to not remember something now, but recall it later. I don't know.

So, did the Father know the name or not?

Of course the Father did. We have to use common sense that the Father was not included in the masses.

And what about the Holy Ghost?

The Holy Ghost is too.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think it is becoming clear that God's kingdom is coming to earth soon and many of the biblical signs for the return of Jesus Christ to are in place and others are rapidly continuing to occur. Does anyone else sense the nearness of His return?

For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth. Psalm 96:13

That is because Second Coming has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
Just imagine Christ is not God's son but God's wife. Should you honor her less than God? I think that would not be wise.

I believe one should render unto God what belongs to God and render up to His creation what belongs to His creation.

If I suppose a wife for God who is not God then she is not due the homor that God is due. If I suppose a Son who is not God then He is not due the honor that God is due. If the text says that The Father and Jesus are both to be honored in the same way then the Son is God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Baloney. The second sentence (highlighted Red & Blue) says it all.

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

In other words if you don't honor the Regent - sent by the KING - then you are not honoring the King - that sent him.

Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

In other words - God has bestowed "honors" on Jesus - by calling him his son - giving him power -and anointing him to a special task.

I believe the operative word is "even" which means that the same honor due God is due Jesus.

I beleive a regent can't have the same honor as the King because he is only a servant.

I believe this falls into the same category as God tlking to Himself and haveing Himself as God. There is no bestowing necessary since God may Honor Himself as He wishes.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pegg...the Trinitarian view is that the Son and the Father are completely different individuals that share the same Deity, the "God" deity. Just like me and you are two different individuals that share the same nature...human.

I can agree with that. But I dont think the trinitiarians really do believe that. Why do they claim that Jesus 'IS' God?

There are also millions of angles in heaven who also share the same nature as God....they are all spirits.

Trinitarians actually believe that Jesus was God incarnate on earth....thats a little different to believing that Jesus is a spirit like God.

You are speaking as if I am saying something contrary to what you are saying, I am not. The difference is that you don't believe that Jesus has the same nature of Deity as the Father.

Yes i do believe that.... i believe all the angles of heaven share the same nature as God.... as does Jesus. But I would never say that this makes any of them Jehovah God.

And my question is how is it that a "created" man is worthy of the same honor that you would give the Father? That is the question. Of course, we are to honor Jesus, but not as the same way we honor the Father...and it is based on the fact that they should be honored in the SAME WAY that we know that they are equal. [/quote}

He is worthy because God gave him such an honorary role.

Philipians 2:8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Notice the reason why Jesus was exulted was because he, as a slave of God, willingly died in the service of God. His absolute faith, obedience and humility is why he was exulted....not because he was God.

Ok, so my question is, are we to honor John the Baptist the same way we honor the Father? Yes or no.

we are to show honour to all of Gods faithful servants...

Romans 12:10 In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead

Phillipians 2:3 Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you

1Peter 2:17 Honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, honor the king.

Romans 13:7 Render to all their dues: to the one who calls for the tax, the tax; to the one who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to the one who calls for fear, such fear; to the one who calls for honor, such honor

Right!!! And just a couple verses before that it also states what Jesus have to GIVE UP for him to be in a position to where he would need to be exalted. If he had to "make himself nothing" in order to be exalted, then what was he before he made himself nothing???

He was the 'firstborn of all creation'... the 'master worker'... Gods 'chief spokesman'
He was a mighty spirit in heaven before he became a man. Proverbs 8 speaks of him as the one who worked along with God in the creation of all things:

Proverbs 8:22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From ancient times I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no deep waters, I was brought forth, When there were no springs overflowing with water. ...7 When he prepared the heavens, I was there; When he marked out the horizon on the surface of the waters, ...30 Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time; 31 I rejoiced over his habitable earth, And I was especially fond of the sons of men. 32 And now, my sons, listen to me; Yes, happy are those who keep my ways.

This passage is speaking about Jesus before he 'humbled himself and took a slaves form'

Pegg, the honor that we give God is the highest honor that we should give ANYONE. That includes our mother, father, grandparents...kings, emperors, presidents, etc. As high of honor as that is, how can the honor that we give Jesus be on the same level as the Father?

if thats the sort of honor God wants us to show, then yes. We show Jesus the honor he deserves and the honor that Jehovah God requires of us.

It doesnt mean that we should be worshiping Jesus though.

First off, no where in the bible does it say that Jesus was created. The only scripture you have to back up this whole "JESUS WAS CREATED" notion is the infamous Watch Tower rendering of 1 Corin 1:15, and the fact that the NWT had to add words to the bible (the word "other" is implemented in the text), that goes to show that the interpretation is based on an organization that is adding their theology to the bible, rather than simply letting the bible speak for itself.

Well tell me, If Proverbs 8 is not speaking about Jesus, who do you think that individual could possibly be???? The one in Proverbs is 'beside God'... Who else but Jesus is in such a position???

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

Rev 3:14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce′a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

So basically, you are saying that it is possible for a mere human being to live a morally perfect life without sin? Despite the bible saying we all sin and fall short of God's glory?

It was possible for Jesus to do so because he was not a son of Adam...he was not genetically broken by sin as we are.

Before Adam sinned, he was also a perfect man and 'sinless' ... so Yes, its absolutely possible for mankind to be that way again... and through Jesus, we will be.

You can say the same thing about all of the other holy men in history. Name me one prophet of God that those things didn't apply to. So what was so special about Jesus?

Jesus wasnt' marred by Adams sin. Every other human who has ever existed has been marred by Adams sin. Thats why they all died and why we all continue to die.

Romans 5:12 That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I believe love is not the same thing as honor, so the metaphor doesn't work.

the issue here is what does 'in the same way' mean?

We can use any subject (love/hate/honor/respect/admire etc) we like, but what does 'in the same way' signify... does it mean that the two people are the same individual?

Thats what is being proposed by 'Call of the Wild'. He thinks that because Jesus said we must honor the son 'in the same way' as we honor the father, its proof that Jesus and the Father are the same individual.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I believe the operative word is "even" which means that the same honor due God is due Jesus.

I beleive a regent can't have the same honor as the King because he is only a servant.

I believe this falls into the same category as God tlking to Himself and haveing Himself as God. There is no bestowing necessary since God may Honor Himself as He wishes.

Neither "just as, or "even as," mean Jesus is God, - as is made plain in the surrounding text.

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Joh 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John Martin

The first coming of Jesus was from above. The second coming of Jesus will be human beings from below entering the kingdom of God.

Jesus Christ by coming above made a high way to way. People need to use it and enter the kingdom. There is no need for the second coming of Jesus.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The first coming of Jesus was from above. The second coming of Jesus will be human beings from below entering the kingdom of God.

im not quite sure that is what the bible predicts will happen as Christs 2nd coming... according to scripture, it involves 'ALL' nations of mankind and all people will recieve a judgement by Christ:

Matt 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. ....
41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably...46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
im not quite sure that is what the bible predicts will happen as Christs 2nd coming... according to scripture, it involves 'ALL' nations of mankind and all people will recieve a judgement by Christ:

Matt 25:31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. ....
41 “Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably...46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Why does the above have to be a literal depiction, and not a metaphorical one? Can't it be read in the way John Martin describes it? In other words, as the world awakens mentally and spiritually to the true Light, darkness will be revealed and 'cast out'. The above depiction is framing a spiritual truth in terms they would understand of 'nations', and kings, and armies. But is it literal, or spiritual?

Call_of_the_Wild

I can agree with that. But I dont think the trinitiarians really do believe that. Why do they claim that Jesus 'IS' God?

Because we believe that there is a biblical basis for thinking such.

There are also millions of angles in heaven who also share the same nature as God....they are all spirits.

Angels know what it is like to be spirits. Humans know what it is like to be human. Neither human or angels know what it is like to be GOD.

Kind of like regular corn flakes, and frosted flakes...yeah, they are both flakes, but one has sugar on it lol.

There is a difference, Pegg.

Trinitarians actually believe that Jesus was God incarnate on earth....thats a little different to believing that Jesus is a spirit like God.

Pegg, if the Father came on earth manifested in human flesh, would he cease being God? No. In that same way, the Son was God incarnate on earth.

Yes i do believe that.... i believe all the angles of heaven share the same nature as God.... as does Jesus. But I would never say that this makes any of them Jehovah God.

Pegg, ultimately, a spirit just means you are immaterial, in the sense of the "essence of one's being". Thats it...so just because angels are spirits doesn't mean that they necessarily have power, knowledge, presence, or even of good moral character.

He is worthy because God gave him such an honorary role.
Philipians 2:8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Pegg, God gave Jesus an honorary role and placed him on the same level of honor worthiness as himself? Really? Well, if that's the way you look at it. I don't believe anyone should be honored as the Father, unless that person is on the same level as the Father, which I believe Jesus is.

Notice the reason why Jesus was exulted was because he, as a slave of God, willingly died in the service of God. His absolute faith, obedience and humility is why he was exulted....not because he was God.

Plenty people died in the service of God, Pegg. Stephen, John the Baptist, James, and even some of the martyred disciples, but we would never put them on God's level. Second, that wasn't the only reason why Jesus was exalted, it was the whole totality of verses 6-9.

we are to show honour to all of Gods faithful servants...

Romans 12:10 In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead

Phillipians 2:3 Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you

1Peter 2:17 Honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, honor the king.

Romans 13:7 Render to all their dues: to the one who calls for the tax, the tax; to the one who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to the one who calls for fear, such fear; to the one who calls for honor, such honor

Notice that neither of those scriptures say to honor anyone in the same way you honor the Father.

He was the 'firstborn of all creation'... the 'master worker'... Gods 'chief spokesman'
He was a mighty spirit in heaven before he became a man. Proverbs 8 speaks of him as the one who worked along with God in the creation of all things:

Proverbs 8:22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From ancient times I was installed, From the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no deep waters, I was brought forth, When there were no springs overflowing with water. ...7 When he prepared the heavens, I was there; When he marked out the horizon on the surface of the waters, ...30 Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time; 31 I rejoiced over his habitable earth, And I was especially fond of the sons of men. 32 And now, my sons, listen to me; Yes, happy are those who keep my ways.

Now now now Pegg, that scripture is talking about wisdom. That is the subject of the entire chapter. Witnesse's erraneously somehow drew the conclusion that it is talking about Jesus, when from the very beginning of the chapter, Wisdom is the subject.

In verse 12 it states, "I, Wisdom, share a home with shrewdness..." and the "I" is carried on all the way through the rest of the chapter.

More Watch Tower deception.

This passage is speaking about Jesus before he 'humbled himself and took a slaves form'

But my point is, if he had to take the form of a slave, then what was his form before that?

if thats the sort of honor God wants us to show, then yes. We show Jesus the honor he deserves and the honor that Jehovah God requires of us.

I agree, we should do what God requires us to do...I just don't see how a mere creation (on your view) should be honored in the say way that God is. The difference in honor should be night and day.

It doesnt mean that we should be worshiping Jesus though.

Its good you know what I am implying
icon10.gif

Well tell me, If Proverbs 8 is not speaking about Jesus, who do you think that individual could possibly be???? The one in Proverbs is 'beside God'... Who else but Jesus is in such a position???

Wisdom...as even the NWT mentions. Throughout the beginning of the chapter, the subject never changed...but suddenly, when it gets to verse 22, all of a sudden Jesus is somehow thrown in the mix of things, out of NOWHERE.

No one would do this UNLESS they are adding their presuppositions to the bible. Adding their own theology...as the bible certainly doesn't say that.

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

The word "other" isn't in any other translation other than the NWT. I understand the WT would like to think they have the greatest translation of the bible that man has ever translated, but they are simply being deceitful, because they know that their followers will rarely (if ever) question the organization, and if the organization changed its mind and now Jesus is God, the members will just follow.

I challenge you to give me one translation or version of the bible that has the word [other] in the context. Witnesse's want to harmonize Proverbs 8:22 with Col 1:15, to make it seem as if Jesus was created and "assisted" God with creation...however, this is added theology and bad presuppositions. This isn't scripture.

Rev 3:14 “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce′a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/709-was-christ-originally-created-by-god

I don't post links often, but this is a great article involving Rev 3:14.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

One of the most debated verses in the bible.....ever.

It was possible for Jesus to do so because he was not a son of Adam...he was not genetically broken by sin as we are.

Satan was not a son of Adam either, and he still sinned...so did the rest of his followers. Second, didn't Jesus have his same character in heaven that he had on earth?

Before Adam sinned, he was also a perfect man and 'sinless' ... so Yes, its absolutely possible for mankind to be that way again... and through Jesus, we will be.

Yeah, Adam didn't sin...yet. He would have eventually sinned because no one is perfect. It was always possible for Adam to sin, and he eventually did. What was special about Jesus is, he would have never sinned under ANY circumstances. That is what separates real men from the boys.

Jesus wasnt' marred by Adams sin. Every other human who has ever existed has been marred by Adams sin. Thats why they all died and why we all continue to die.

Again, neither was Satan. Whether or not someone sins has to do with more than just how they were born or created.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

I think it'll be a sad day when you die and christ still hasn't returned. Don't forget that, according to the bible, jesus told Cephias that he would return again with the kingdom of god 'very soon' (implying within Cephias' lifetime) and that was 2000 years ago.

I also think it's easy to read into patterns that aren't there.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Why does the above have to be a literal depiction, and not a metaphorical one? Can't it be read in the way John Martin describes it? In other words, as the world awakens mentally and spiritually to the true Light, darkness will be revealed and 'cast out'. The above depiction is framing a spiritual truth in terms they would understand of 'nations', and kings, and armies. But is it literal, or spiritual?

it would be absolutely wonderful if that depiction was reality ... but do you really think that there is going to be such a worldwide conversion and awakening to christianity?

Its an 'ideal' situation... im sure God himself would want that to be true as well. But sadly the prophecies of the bible show otherwise.

Look at Psalm 2
2:1 Why are the nations agitated
And the peoples muttering an empty thing?
*2 The kings of the earth take their stand
And high officials gather together as one
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.

*3 They say: “Let us tear off their shackles
And throw off their ropes!”
*4 The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh;
Jehovah will scoff at them.
*5 At that time he will speak to them in his anger
And terrify them in his burning anger,
*6 Saying: “I myself have installed my king
On Zion, my holy mountain.”
*7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
*8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
*9 You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”
10 So now, you kings, show insight;
Accept correction, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve Jehovah with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12 Honor the son, or God will become indignant
And you will perish from the way,
For His anger flares up quickly.
Happy are all those taking refuge in Him.

The world of mankind will not submit to Christ the enthroned king. They will take a stand against him and sadly that will lead to their downfall.

Do you think its more likely that the ruling powers, and all of mankind with them, will relinquish their indepenent rulerships and submit themselves to Christs heavenly kingdom, or do you think that they are more likely to want to keep their own ruling positions?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
it would be absolutely wonderful if that depiction was reality ... but do you really think that there is going to be such a worldwide conversion and awakening to christianity?
I hope it doesn't awaken to Christianity. It needs to awaken to God. And yes, I do believe people everywhere are awakening. Don't think conversion to a religion is the same thing as knowing God.

The world of mankind will not submit to Christ the enthroned king. They will take a stand against him and sadly that will lead to their downfall.

Do you think its more likely that the ruling powers will relinquish their rulerships and submit themselves to Christs heavenly kingdom, or do you think that they are more likely to want to keep their own ruling positions?
Metaphors Pegg. Metaphors. The kingdom of God is not here or there, not a theocracy with an economy. It's spiritual. You imagine it as a literal throne, a literal army, a literal geography.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Metaphors Pegg. Metaphors. The kingdom of God is not here or there, not a theocracy with an economy. It's spiritual. You imagine it as a literal throne, a literal army, a literal geography.

I imagine it as a literal rulership over the lives of mankind just as God literally ruled as the authority in the lives of Adam and Eve.

His authority is not a metaphore. Mankind are not meant to live without God... they are completely dependent on him and for that reason, a literal rulership by God is not unreasonable or unlikely.

Our submission to Gods sovereignty can be very real and literal even in a world ruled by man. And if we can submit to God in such a world, we can submit to him without mans rulership to impede us.

God will not put up with mans rulership indefinitely... it has to go eventually and that is exactly what the scriptures say will happen.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I imagine it as a literal rulership over the lives of mankind just as God literally ruled as the authority in the lives of Adam and Eve.
But was there a literal chair under a literal tree? God ruling over the lives of mankind, does not need to entail physical things, like cities, and armies, and governors, and roads, and economies, etc. God can rule over someone's life without need to set up up a building inside your house, or enter your property with a bunch of people to exact taxes from you, or something.