• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Wandering Monk

And that fits the definition of a kangaroo court. Those that make that false charge need to read the loaded language there. They have already made their mind up.
Notice the part: Manhattan District Attorney Bragg has opened the door for politically motivated prosecutions of federal officials by state and local prosecutors.

So, are the prosecutions by the DoJ against Democrats Bob Menendez and Henry Cuellar also politically motivated Jim Jordan, you moron?

Pogo

Note the purpose of the Committee. They have already reached a conclusion before the hearing,

The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Thursday, June 13, 2024, at 10:00 a.m. ET to examine Alvin Bragg's political prosecution of President Trump. With his unprecedented politicized indictment of President Trump, Manhattan District Attorney Bragg has opened the door for politically motivated prosecutions of federal officials by state and local prosecutors. Other ambitious state prosecutors have already followed Bragg's lead and pursued politically motivated indictments of President Trump.​
Well it has a purpose, I suppose that is a good thing. :)

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, appeals courts do not question a jury's verdict only whether significant errors may have been made in the trial, they do not redecide.
That was my point. There were plenty of questionable things about the trial. Enough that there's a good chance the appeals court or the SCOTUS will finally do what it takes to make things right.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Oh, goody another pointless political stunt by the current Congress which will no doubt be just as pointless as all the other recent embarrassments for the Republican party.

What was that definition of insanity about expecting different results?
It was a similar "political stunt" by Congress that got Hunter put on trial--and convicted.
Joe Biden's convicted felon son Hunter. I like the sound of that.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Note the purpose of the Committee. They have already reached a conclusion before the hearing,

The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on Thursday, June 13, 2024, at 10:00 a.m. ET to examine Alvin Bragg's political prosecution of President Trump. With his unprecedented politicized indictment of President Trump, Manhattan District Attorney Bragg has opened the door for politically motivated prosecutions of federal officials by state and local prosecutors. Other ambitious state prosecutors have already followed Bragg's lead and pursued politically motivated indictments of President Trump.​
You mean conclusions can't be reached before a hearing? Someone forgot to tell Trump's judge about that!
But double standards have to exist for liberals, or they wouldn't have any standards at all.

Laniakea

Not of this world
And that fits the definition of a kangaroo court. Those that make that false charge need to read the loaded language there. They have already made their mind up.
Just as they did before Trump's trial
How do you like it when your side has to take their own medicine, and endure what they themselves dish out?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you like it when your side has to take their own medicine, and endure what they themselves dish out?
The prosecutor probably had, but he had was already aware of all of the evidence. There is no sign that the judge had any bias, n fact he bent over backwards for Trump. Anyone else violating a court order as often as Trump did would have gotten jail after the second violation at the most. Usually the first violation of that sort of court order earns jail time.

And the jury showed that they were more than fail. You really should have paid attention to the case and not your right wing wacko sources.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope.
he means here:
I already edited my post. Oddly enough when I posted that was when I saw your post. I think that I started typing first so mine is in front of yours even though you finished first. I did not even check her, what turned out to be a very dishonest link. I explained why what the House is doing fits the definition of a kangaroo court. She was never able to do that. That was an amazing amount of projection and hypocrisy on her part.

As I said, sadly I am not surprised.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What are you talking about? I can see that you still do not understand what a kangaroo court is even though I explained how what the House is doing qualifies as one. Your TDS is rather strong tonight. The House used extremely loaded language when they have no evidence of wrong doing at all. The state in its indictment of Trump made it clear what he was accused of. That is pretty standard for a court of law. But then you probably do not understand how the Republican treatment of for Trump in the first Senate impeachment trial was another classic kangaroo court. Here is a hint, if one side is prevented from presenting any evidence for their case you know that you have a kangaroo court.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What are you talking about? I can see that you still do not understand what a kangaroo court is even though I explained how what the House is doing qualifies as one. Your TDS is rather strong tonight. The House used extremely loaded language when they have no evidence of wrong doing at all. The state in its indictment of Trump made it clear what he was accused of. That is pretty standard for a court of law. But then you probably do not understand how the Republican treatment of for Trump in the first Senate impeachment trial was another classic kangaroo court. Here is a hint, if one side is prevented from presenting any evidence for their case you know that you have a kangaroo court.
Yep, the Senate democraps are now preventing evidence from being presented there, and are interfering with the Garland hearings by preventing the evidence from being heard.
Gotta protect their guy, just as Garland is protecting biden by keeping the recordings that expose him under wraps.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yep, the Senate democraps are now preventing evidence from being presented there, and are interfering with the Garland hearings by preventing the evidence from being heard.
Do you mean Garland refusing to release the video of the Biden interview? They have the transcript. They haven't given a credible reason why they would need the video. And given the unethical behavior of Jordan and Comer these MAGAs can't be trusted with the video. These two have a history of lying, so they have eliminated themselves as credible oversight officials. MAGAs don't have honor or princples, they they expect the democrats to have them, and pressure them by exploiing the system. The system is an honor system, and those who disrespect it are not allowed to use it.

Let's add that Trump is challenging the appointment of special councels, which is what Robert Her was in his investigation into Biden in the first place.

So which is it, are they valid or not for MAGA? They can't have it both ways like corrupt people do.
Gotta protect their guy, just as Garland is protecting biden by keeping the recordings that expose him under wraps.
Garland isn't doing anything illegal or unethical. He recognized the corrupt members who lack honor, and are trying to exploit an honor system. Garland is respectable. Jordan and Comer are corrupt, and can't be trusted.