• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

F1fan

Veteran Member
He is required to release the recording
I’m not taking your word for it. For it MAGAs can’t be trusted. Cinema

. He's in contempt of Congress if he doesn't. His personal views against the members of Congress (who represent the people since they were elected, which Garland was not) is not relevant.
Garland is using good judgment in not trusting MAGAs.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I’m not taking your word for it. For it MAGAs can’t be trusted. Cinema

Garland is using good judgment in not trusting MAGAs.
And apparently not trusting the American public to listen to the recording and decide for themselves whether or not biden sounded like someone they want to vote for again.
Democrats simply don't trust Americans to make their own decisions.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
And apparently not trusting the American public to listen to the recording and decide for themselves whether or not biden sounded like someone they want to vote for again.
Democrats simply don't trust Americans to make their own decisions.
The American public can listen to Biden live on June 27th, and decide if they want to vote for him again.

(Trump might or might not be there too)

Nimos

You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.
If he is guilty and the law dictates it, then he should be punished for the crime as anyone else would if they did something similar. Age and status are not an excuse.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The American public can listen to Biden live on June 27th, and decide if they want to vote for him again.

Trump has been airing possible excuses for not going already. And he is read even if he loses:

“And so they don’t want to take him off,” he continued. “Maybe I’m better off losing the debate. I’ll make sure he stays. I’ll lose the debate on purpose. Maybe I’ll do something like that.”

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If he is guilty and the law dictates it, then he should be punished for the crime as anyone else would if they did something similar. Age and status are not an excuse.
Do not forget his pretrial antics of breaking gag orders, that can affect the sentence along with whether or not he shows remorse in his presentencing interviews with the parole board. If he keeps denying his guilt that too will result in a longer sentence.

Trump could have gotten a sentence of probation, if he had acted right. But I do not see him doing that. He will force the judge to drop the hammer and he could go to jail immediately. Perhaps a compromise would be immediate jail for contempt of court, that cannot be appealed, and they could let him wait for the appeal for the rest of his sentence.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
“And so they don’t want to take him off,” he continued. “Maybe I’m better off losing the debate. I’ll make sure he stays. I’ll lose the debate on purpose. Maybe I’ll do something like that.”
That is an excellent plan. I bet he is going to intentionally lose the debate by pretending to be erratic, constantly interrupt everyone, pretend he doesn't understand the questions and tell random unrelated stories. That and just lie constantly. That is how he will intentionally lose the debate.

Or maybe he just won't show up and intentionally lose by default.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Trump has been airing possible excuses for not going already. And he is read even if he loses:

Reports are that Trump isn't doing debate prep. Given his cognitive problems and inability to stay focused on the teleprompter he might not be able to retain any information. If Trump shows it could be a mess.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Reports are that Trump isn't doing debate prep. Given his cognitive problems and inability to stay focused on the teleprompter he might not be able to retain any information. If Trump shows it could be a mess.
I would love it if he would show up. But the odds are that his promised appearance at the debates will be the same as his promises that he would testify at his latest trials. He claimed that he would testify at all of them and he testified at none of them.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I would love it if he would show up. But the odds are that his promised appearance at the debates will be the same as his promises that he would testify at his latest trials. He claimed that he would testify at all of them and he testified at none of them.
"I would love nothing more than to bury sleepy jo in debate.​
But there is this gag order that prevents me from testi...I mean debating."​

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep, the Senate democraps are now preventing evidence from being presented there, and are interfering with the Garland hearings by preventing the evidence from being heard.
Gotta protect their guy, just as Garland is protecting biden by keeping the recordings that expose him under wraps.
You are very confused again and have stooped to name calling. In the first Senate trial of Trump the Senate was controlled by the Republicans. They did not allow any evidence to be presented against Trump. That made that a kangaroo court. A dishonest judge cannot prevent the prosecution from presenting evidence in a real trial.

You do not seem to realize that a kangaroo court can swing both ways. The first Senate trial was a Republican kangaroo court. By even your standards.

by the way, you told a whopper, a big fib, most would call it a lie when you denied that you used the term "kangaroo court" earlier in this thread. Not only that but you could never justify that claim.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"I would love nothing more than to bury sleepy jo in debate.​
But there is this gag order that prevents me from testi...I mean debating."​
I have a feeling that that order will be dropped before the debate and the judge will make it clear that he can debate. He did that earlier when Trump lied about his testifying.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I have a feeling that that order will be dropped before the debate and the judge will make it clear that he can debate. He did that earlier when Trump lied about his testifying.
"Before I bury the sleepy one we will definitely need someone who speaks shark. How otherwise will know what the shark is saying?​
We will also be needing a battery whisperer....​

Also, who here can breathe underwater?"​

Laniakea

Not of this world

With no audience allowed (Gee, I wonder why old man biden wanted it that way!), do you have faith that the MSM/biden campaign will allowed it to be aired live without edits?

Laniakea

Not of this world

And just like with the "I'll be a dictator on day one" comment he made to rile up the liberals and make news stories, he has succeeded in goading you guys once again.
Why don't you just ignore him?
Can't do it, can ya?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Debates don't depend on a teleprompter, unless you're blabbering biden.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And just like with the "I'll be a dictator on day one" comment he made to rile up the liberals and make news stories, he has succeeded in goading you guys once again.
Why don't you just ignore him?
Can't do it, can ya?
LOL! Whenever Trump says something so incredibly stupid that even his sheeple go "WTF?" it all becomes a joke.

Only the Kool Aid drinkers believe that. You need something better for people that can reason rationally.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Debates don't depend on a teleprompter, unless you're blabbering biden.
Another falsehood. Teleprompters are never allowed in debates. Biden whupped Trump's donkey (you can't say "***" here, see?) in the last election he did it without a teleprompter.

Now that Trump has had much more serious mental decline than Biden you can bet that he will come up with a lame excuse not to debate.