• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Italian PM seemed to think so.
However, I wouldn't have minded if he had been let wander, and the photo be taken without him while he's wandering aimlessly around. Great way to show "strength" to the world.
Oh, but I guess we'll just blame it on his "stutter".
We will see on June 27, that is unless Trump's promise to debate is held up as well as he held up his promise to testify. If Trump runs (or if Biden does) you will know who is worse.

Meanwhile the rules have been hammered out. No outside help allowed. The candidates only get a pad, a pen, and a bottle of water for the debate. And when it is not a person's turn his microphone will be muted:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No matter how well Trump does, you'll try to find fault
Trump can't possibly debate well. He's ignorant. He knows nothing about anything but grifting. His fund of knowledge is zero (did you see him suggesting injecting bleach into Covid patients?). His vocabulary is zero. He can't present an argument. He only whines and insults. And his mind has dissolved further to where he groans and slurs while trying to speak sentences.
No matter how badly Biden does, you'll find ways to excuse whatever he says or does (claim he was just "stuttering", and all that).
Biden is an intelligent man and a skilled debater with decades of political experience. Trump is demented and has never read a book or learned anything except how to parasitize society. He will begin talking about sharks and electrocution or "the late, great Hannibal Lecter."

And I guess that you don't know what stuttering is. It's a problem with the articulation of words, not their content. The content of Biden's speech is normal. Trump's mind is gone.
when it is not a person's turn his microphone will be muted
It'll be like one of those Zoom sovereign citizen courtroom appearances where the judge has to mute some blathering idiot that just can't stop talking. You see the guy's mouth moving, but no sound. You know we'll see Trump doing that. He lacks impulse control and the insight to know better.

Tomef

You be the Judge! Is it appropriate to sentence Former President Trump to jail at this time?

I'm not looking for a prediction. What is your opinion? Consider his age. Trump is the preemptive Republican candidate to be President of the U.S.

edit: Consider any reasons for or against jail time.
Community service, something basic like collecting trash. Might teach him a bit of humility. Or maybe he should be trained as a rape crisis counsellor, maybe he would understand what it’s like to be the victim of a sex pest.

Laniakea

Not of this world
No, you are projecting again. I have given Trump some credit. He did not do too bad renegotiating our trade deal with Canada and Mexico. The problem is that with Trump you really have to try very very hard to find anything positive that he did. It is the opposite with Biden.
Sounds like you're experiencing a pole reversal.

Laniakea

Not of this world
We will see on June 27, that is unless Trump's promise to debate is held up as well as he held up his promise to testify. If Trump runs (or if Biden does) you will know who is worse.

Meanwhile the rules have been hammered out. No outside help allowed. The candidates only get a pad, a pen, and a bottle of water for the debate. And when it is not a person's turn his microphone will be muted:

But Biden is still allowed to take a megadose of Ritalin BEFORE the debate begins, right? His body, his choice! ;)

Laniakea

Not of this world
Community service, something basic like collecting trash. Might teach him a bit of humility. Or maybe he should be trained as a rape crisis counsellor, maybe he would understand what it’s like to be the victim of a sex pest.
Picking up and disposing of trash would be great practice for dealing with the southern border once he's back in office.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have given Trump some credit. He did not do too bad renegotiating our trade deal with Canada and Mexico.
In my mind, it is highly unlikely that Trump had anything to do with a trade deal if it was beneficial. Trump is incompetent at negotiating and understands nothing about economics or business. His lone skill is grifting. He can't make an honest dollar or run a business successfully. And his ideas about curbing inflation have been called inflationary: "“There has never been a presidential platform so self-evidently inflationary as the one put forward by President Trump,” he said. “I have little doubt that with the Trump program, we will see a substantial acceleration in inflation unless somehow we get a major recession first,” [former Treasury Secretary Summers] said."

Ex-Treasury Secretary Larry Summers Warns Trump's Re-Election May Push Mortgage Rates Beyond 10%: 'Never Been A Presidential Platform So Self-Evidently Inflationary' - iShares TIPS Bond ETF (ARCA:TIP)

I was trying to think of anything at all I could commend Trump on, and I found one thing. I like his signature. Of course, 11 of his felonies were for signing his name to checks, but they undoubtedly looked good even as exhibits in court. It's surprising that his signature is so stylistic. He also has zero sense for the arts. His world is devoid of beauty. He's tacky as hell with the gold toilets. And those gold shoes he was peddling, too. I'm surprised he doesn't have a gold front tooth.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Personally, I do not find trolling from an admitted troll odd at all.
Also it appears to be a case of projection. The White House under Trump was said to be awash in drugs that were improperly bought and distributed, and before it is brought up one small personal use baggie of cocaine, if I remember correctly, was found in the Biden White House. Every accusation of the MAGA appears to be projection and confession:

Pogo

Also it appears to be a case of projection. The White House under Trump was said to be awash in drugs that were improperly bought and distributed, and before it is brought up one small personal use baggie of cocaine, if I remember correctly, was found in the Biden White House. Every accusation of the MAGA appears to be projection and confession:

It wasn't really in the White House, it was in the visitors leave your bags here area.

Argentbear

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will watch a rather left wing source on Trump and take some of their claims with a grain of salt. If they show highly edited clips, just a few seconds here or there, my suspicions are aroused. I do not use that as evidence here. It is when Trump wanders off into the weeds for a long period of time or makes other repeated and rather critical errors that I will start to doubt if he is all there. Too often he slurs his words when he did not. He repeats The Snake far too many times. He gets the name of his doctor that he is so happy to refer to wrong. As for making utterly stupid errors he did that in the past as well so that is not a evidence for dementia.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Trump can't possibly debate well. He's ignorant. He knows nothing about anything but grifting. His fund of knowledge is zero (did you see him suggesting injecting bleach into Covid patients?). His vocabulary is zero. He can't present an argument. He only whines and insults. And his mind has dissolved further to where he groans and slurs while trying to speak sentences.

Biden is an intelligent man and a skilled debater with decades of political experience. Trump is demented and has never read a book or learned anything except how to parasitize society. He will begin talking about sharks and electrocution or "the late, great Hannibal Lecter."

And I guess that you don't know what stuttering is. It's a problem with the articulation of words, not their content. The content of Biden's speech is normal. Trump's mind is gone.

It'll be like one of those Zoom sovereign citizen courtroom appearances where the judge has to mute some blathering idiot that just can't stop talking. You see the guy's mouth moving, but no sound. You know we'll see Trump doing that. He lacks impulse control and the insight to know better.
The funny thing is that informed voters know what Biden stands for and what his policy agenda is. We will tune in to see the one unknown issue: how badly Trump will perform. Reporting is tht he has been strugglng to read or follow teleprompters, and that he has rejected efforts to prepare for the debate. Thate means all he has to offer is off the cuff nonsense that makes up his rally performances. Frankly I welcome this. Let the independent and non-committed see how far Trump has declined.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The funny thing is that informed voters know what Biden stands for and what his policy agenda is. We will tune in to see the one unknown issue: how badly Trump will perform. Reporting is tht he has been strugglng to read or follow teleprompters, and that he has rejected efforts to prepare for the debate. Thate means all he has to offer is off the cuff nonsense that makes up his rally performances. Frankly I welcome this. Let the independent and non-committed see how far Trump has declined.
The time is slotted now. It would be very hard to deal with Trump bailing out. I would love a last minute bail out. I could see a few ways that they could handle it. The could have the podiums set up and ask each candidate a question. They could ask the non-present Trump a question and wait until his time up with a note on the screen that Trump did not show up but there were still giving him a chance to respond. Both candidates would get equal time It would be quite the deal for Biden since it would be in effect free advertising.