• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Donald Trump be Sentenced to Jail for 34 Felonies?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Another falsehood. Teleprompters are never allowed in debates. Biden whupped Trump's donkey (you can't say "***" here, see?) in the last election he did it without a teleprompter.

Now that Trump has had much more serious mental decline than Biden you can bet that he will come up with a lame excuse not to debate.
"I plead the Fifth...​
Of Jack..."​

Laniakea

Not of this world
LOL! Whenever Trump says something so incredibly stupid that even his sheeple go "WTF?" it all becomes a joke.

Only the Kool Aid drinkers believe that. You need something better for people that can reason rationally.
Whatever. Go ahead and get riled up whenever he says something. I (and Trump) will continue being amused by your "outrage".

Laniakea

Not of this world
Another falsehood. Teleprompters are never allowed in debates. Biden whupped Trump's donkey (you can't say "***" here, see?) in the last election he did it without a teleprompter.

Now that Trump has had much more serious mental decline than Biden you can bet that he will come up with a lame excuse not to debate.
Odds are 1 to 1 that you actually believe all that.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why don't you just ignore him?
This has been the best season yet of the Trump reality show. Ratings are through the roof.
I (and Trump) will continue being amused by your "outrage".
You're whistling in the dark. For Trump and MAGA, there is nothing amusing about watching Trump being humiliated, manhandled (and woman-handled), stripped of his fortune, and eventually, if he doesn't die first, prison.

He's terrified of prison. We saw that during the Carrol and hush money trials, when gag orders resulted in him toning down his rhetoric. He doesn't have enough impulse control to actually comply, but he did respond out of fear of being put in jail, and that would be relatively briefly.

He's now officially a convicted felon. As a result, he has a parole officer. And he's lost his guns, but he won't need those in prison, especially since the Secret Service will be defending him from the guards and other prisoners who despise him. And he'll lose his liquor licenses, at his resorts, but since it appears that he'll be losing those resorts anyway, he won't need them.

Of course this is difficult for any MAGA to watch, as Trump dangles and twists while being divested of everything of value to him including his brand and his legacy.

So what can you do but feign amusement at all, try to taunt liberals ("TDS," "He lives in your head"), and indulge in revenge fantasies? Nothing. You just have to watch what befalls Trump. He has slowed the process, but is powerless to stop it. Soon, SCOTUS will issue its judgment about immunity, and Smith can proceed with his trials unless the Court wants to go there and drop any pretense of impartiality.

So no to turning off the Trump Show. It's never been better. I'd like to see a few more Trump rallies and some debates before the next trial gets underway. And maybe another Caroll lawsuit and some fake elector indictments.

But I do have a prediction that I think you'll like. Trump may never get to the Promised Land himself, but it seems like the Christo-fascists have the upper hand and will eventually regain the government. The next wave will be smarter. The Republicans have been busy retooling state-level election officials to assist in stealing the 2024 election, but I don't think that they can save Trump. He's simply too damaged and has too many enemies and detractors. [Don't believe the polls. Compare election results to the polls to know why. They have consistently underestimated Democratic victories.]

They will, however, likely prevail in 2028 and hold power indefinitely. I hope to be wrong about that, and I might be, but the combination of a corrupt Republican party, mega-donor funding, conservative indoctrination media, and the large number of voters susceptible to that incessant disinformation seems like it will eventually prevail in a few years.

But in my relatively informed opinion, not this time. Trump is very likely finished.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I would love it if he would show up. But the odds are that his promised appearance at the debates will be the same as his promises that he would testify at his latest trials. He claimed that he would testify at all of them and he testified at none of them.
Democrats need to shame Trump if he gets scared to debate. At this point I wouldn't bet on Trump showing up.
I have a feeling that that order will be dropped before the debate and the judge will make it clear that he can debate. He did that earlier when Trump lied about his testifying.
I don't see how the gag order gets in the way of Trump debating anyway. It's limited to him saying things about witnesses and the jury. It hasn't stopped Trump from doing rallies and talking about the real issues of shark attacks and boat batteries shocking people.

With no audience allowed (Gee, I wonder why old man biden wanted it that way!), do you have faith that the MSM/biden campaign will allowed it to be aired live without edits?
Could it be that Trump can't do a straight debate and be coherent? That Trump is a performer that needs a low intelligence audience (that isn't libertarian because he doesn't want to get booed again) to entertain because he can't make any coherent policy arguments? Trump is interviewing for a crucial and important job and the American people deserve to see if Trump can be serious and express coherent sentences that make sense to intelligent voters. We know he can lie, that's not what intelligent voters will accept. Trump needs to show that he can tell the truth and express sober policy issues and how it will benefit the average citizen.
Debates don't depend on a teleprompter, unless you're blabbering biden.
You're confusing Trump with Biden. Do you want to do the pepsi challenge between Trump and Biden's ability to make coherent statements in public? Trump is falling apart. His rallies are examples of his decline. Trump mumbles and goes on and on about the dumbest things, sharks and boat batteries being the latest WTF moment. No one can make sense of this guy's thinking. His vocabulary is still at a 4th grade level. I still have no clue why MAGA voters think Trump is fit for any government job. Let's note that as a convicted felon he could not get clearance for any important federal job. Yet the brainwshed MAGAs want to install him as pvresident? The USA needs voters to take a civics test and pass it before they vote, because MAGAs are clueless.

I hope he does, just to rile up those who he knows it would irritate.
And will invalidate himself as being a competent option for president. Trump can't seem to answer serious questions with coherent and true answers. Democrats want Trump to debate. This could be what finally shows the swing voters how much Trump has declined mentally.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They both are declining mentally and blabbering more often.

I can't understand why the right cant see that in Trump and why the left can't see that in Biden.

The left isn't supporting Biden because he's a demigod, it's because he beat Trump already, has a good track record in the last 3.5 years of managing a post pandemic economic collapse that's the envy of Europe and China.

Biden has brought stability that has allowed global responses to threats to democracy, like in Ukraine. He's also helped mitigate the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, even though both sides want some perfect solution that is impossible.

What has Trump offered? Theater, a lead performance in how not to be a criminal defendant, how to ramble on incoherently to massive applause of the "not too bright' segment of American voter, and how to create a 900 page plan to dismantle the US government that is founded on Liberalism* in exchange for autocracy.

* Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed, political equality, right to private property and equality before the law.[1][2] Liberals espouse various and often mutually warring views depending on their understanding of these principles but generally support private property, market economies, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), liberal democracy, secularism, rule of law, economic and political freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of religion,[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] constitutional government and privacy rights.[10] Liberalism is frequently cited as the dominant ideology of modern history.[11][12]: 11 

But at least Trump doesn't have to be lead around like a child.
Citation required. Otherwise dismissed as bias and disinformation.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
The left isn't supporting Biden because he's a demigod, it's because he beat Trump already, has a good track record in the last 3.5 years of managing a post pandemic economic collapse that's the envy of Europe and China.

Biden has brought stability that has allowed global responses to threats to democracy, like in Ukraine. He's also helped mitigate the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, even though both sides want some perfect solution that is impossible.

What has Trump offered? Theater, a lead performance in how not to be a criminal defendant, how to ramble on incoherently to massive applause of the "not too bright' segment of American voter, and how to create a 900 page plan to dismantle the US government that is founded on Liberalism* in exchange for autocracy.

* Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed, political equality, right to private property and equality before the law.[1][2] Liberals espouse various and often mutually warring views depending on their understanding of these principles but generally support private property, market economies, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), liberal democracy, secularism, rule of law, economic and political freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of religion,[2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] constitutional government and privacy rights.[10] Liberalism is frequently cited as the dominant ideology of modern history.[11][12]: 11 

Citation required. Otherwise dismissed as bias and disinformation.
If he isn't falling down, he's getting lost

Speaking of ramblings...

Here's one of many..

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
They both are declining mentally and blabbering more often.

I can't understand why the right cant see that in Trump and why the left can't see that in Biden.

But at least Trump doesn't have to be lead around like a child.
That's true but he's not far behind Biden.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't see much laughter in your posts. Just spewing of hatred.
Really? I would like to see an supposed example of that. You may be projecting again. Wishing to see justice done is never "spewing hatred". I know that you hate the fact that twelve people out of an area where Trump chose to live himself found him guilty. By the way, that is why the claim of a change of venue would probably not be honored in appeal. A jury of one's peers means ideally a jury of the people where you live. Donald was clearly guilty if you followed the trial at all. I was wondering why it took the jury so long. They took so long because they were very conscientious and wanted to get the verdict right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He talks, but in the words of someone here I know, "Oh my!"
Perhaps. Trump still seems to be much further along. Biden has a history of a problem with a stutter so he is sometimes not the best speaker when it comes to off the cuff comments. Trump used to be able to make quick repartee, but he has lost that now. And his lies always have a pattern. His New Jersey rally that was in a venue that could hold 20,000 at the most and was about half full he lies about yet today and claims that there were "107,000" people there. The number seven often turns up in his lies. When he is stalling for time due to his incompetency he recites "The Snake". In his last brag about passing a "competency test" he got the name of his own doctor wrong. If the man was that important to him how did he get the name wrong?

Here is how you will know who is worse. Let's wait for the first Presidential debate. If Trump runs away, like many are predicting that he will, we will know that even Trump knows that his mental decline is worse.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Perhaps. Trump still seems to be much further along. Biden has a history of a problem with a stutter so he is sometimes not the best speaker when it comes to off the cuff comments. Trump used to be able to make quick repartee, but he has lost that now. And his lies always have a pattern. His New Jersey rally that was in a venue that could hold 20,000 at the most and was about half full he lies about yet today and claims that there were "107,000" people there. The number seven often turns up in his lies. When he is stalling for time due to his incompetency he recites "The Snake". In his last brag about passing a "competency test" he got the name of his own doctor wrong. If the man was that important to him how did he get the name wrong?

Here is how you will know who is worse. Let's wait for the first Presidential debate. If Trump runs away, like many are predicting that he will, we will know that even Trump knows that his mental decline is worse.
No matter how well Trump does, you'll try to find fault
No matter how badly Biden does, you'll find ways to excuse whatever he says or does (claim he was just "stuttering", and all that).

Laniakea

Not of this world
But Trump was only joking, and he was trolling the evil liberal press.

And Biden got distracted by some skydivers and almost missed a photo op, and nothing is more important than a photo op.
The Italian PM seemed to think so.
However, I wouldn't have minded if he had been let wander, and the photo be taken without him while he's wandering aimlessly around. Great way to show "strength" to the world.
Oh, but I guess we'll just blame it on his "stutter".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No matter how well Trump does, you'll try to find fault
No matter how badly Biden does, you'll find ways to excuse whatever he says or does (claim he was just "stuttering", and all that).
No, you are projecting again. I have given Trump some credit. He did not do too bad renegotiating our trade deal with Canada and Mexico. The problem is that with Trump you really have to try very very hard to find anything positive that he did. It is the opposite with Biden.