• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Europe resist Islam?

nameless

The Creator
why should we be OK with a Lie? are Europeans living in reservation camps? after spending centuries under Ottoman flag, did they forget their own language? did they forget who they are? if Ottoman was anything like Western, none of the people could remember their roots, their religion, their language...etc everything that gives one an identity, they would be all long gone in centuries, of course in case they survived -considering what happened to Natives of America.

your have only limited knowledge on islamic conquests, you are missing the muslim invasion of india, destruction of temples etc.

Last edited:
When ever Ive observed the Documentary on EVO they always tend to show
animals devouring each other,and they point at this Killing as a proof of the
strongest or fittest survive, and you have known this to be true as in YOUR
next statement.

So you're telling me that random documentaries will tell you exactly what TOE is and provide you information on it? Whether or not it contained such information I don't know, however, if you're going to discuss evolution to some degree, it's helpful to understand it from studying it and not watching a random show that shows some animals interacting. What you described is but one of the many aspects of evolution and just that alone, is a very narrow one.

I NEVER said this is the WHOLE of TOE, but definitely an important
aspect.

True, you didn't, however, the implication suggested that because you nit-picked one tiny part of it and used that as evidence for the ENTIRE TOE. That suggests that you meant it to be the entire TOE.

If you don't mind point it out.

gnostic said:
Sorry, but where's the example that evolutionists had actually kill people in the name of Darwinism? Do you have evidences that any army of evolutionists had violently attack and murder any religion or nation?

Your response was:

You just don't get it, if TOE is what you believe, then how can you complain?
because according to you its innate, to DOMINATE and RULE over the
weak.
Thats great at least you know that these passages are indeed in the
Qur'an.

That's right I do but what's more important is what the Qur'an is. At the basic level, it's a book. Pointing out a random quote from a part of a book that is purely metaphorical and doesn't really relate to the issue being addressed isn't exactly a great way of debating. Suppose you asked me a question about, say, evolution. If I returned with a metaphorical response from a Dr. Pepper slogan, then that doesn't really help you out.

~Amin~ said:
The way God speaks to Prophets through angels, He speaks to us through Prophets,
and this is the amazing thing about Qur'an which many people don't understand,
the Qur'an is directly speaking to everyone.

That may be the case, however, instead of having a book talk to us, let's have a person talk to us.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
kai, i think your knowledge in islamic conquests is incomplete. Learn about islamic conquest of india and 'bloody babar'. Islamic conquest is most shameful and fierceful in the history of humanity, no one would be able challenge them. The amusing thing is that whenever mercy is shown to them after war, they returned gaining more power. Whenever babars soldiers entered delhi, the womens used to suicide jumping into fire, they looted the whole wealth leaving the land desert, pure bloody history they have !!!

On the contrary i dont beleive any of it . and you are right the Sultan Babars was ruthless in his conquests.

gnostic

The Lost One
The ToE is explanation on nature, it is not preaching people should kill or do violence, you moron. It is not about killing, but it is referring about survival.

Second of all, ToE is not a religion, *edit*. It is one of the fields of biology. Should learn about ToE before you make ******* of yourself.

How do you get ToE a VIOLENT religion?

Show me an example where the evolutionists are like the way Muslim teach people invoking violent "holy war" by blow people at the marketplace or wedding reception?

Show me a single example, where evolutionists are like Christians exhorting and preaching Crusades and witch-hunts?

It is religious groups that invoke killing in the name of its god or its prophets or messiah, not evolution scientists. I have yet to see one evolution building army to wipe its neighbours simply because the neighbours don't believe or understand evolutions.

Your attempt of belittle what you don't even understand (and I am not just talking about evolution here, but science in general), show how little your brain is.

Did your religious teacher teach you this in school? Or is this your own willful ignorance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
So far what we are witnessing is a breakdown in communication and lack of desire to tackle the issues.
There are real points to talk about in this issue. such as the minaret ban in Switzerland, the struggle in France to keep religious trends out such as the veil, the struggle to keep Sharia out in the UK and other places, the struggle to be able to criticize Islam without being assassinated and without burned embassies, and so on.
But unfortunately what we have witnessed so far is a breakdown in communication, with the Muslim members talking about completely detached points, such as the 'golden era' centuries ago, the western presence in the middle east, and the desire that Europeans convert to Islam.
If Muslims want to make a case, here is the chance. lets not be out of touch with reality. when people want to talk about Switzerland and France, and you tell Europeans you hope they convert to Islam... well.. :areyoucra

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I am curious.

What would our Muslim brothers and sisters offer to change in their current behavior/culture to make integration into western host cultures smoother. What ever it is currently, there is obviously a clash of cultures as they stand today.

It was pointed out women's rights are massively improved amongst those Muslims of the west compared with their home societies. Surely this is a sign that many can change, improving both social groups.

Cheers

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am curious.

What would our Muslim brothers and sisters offer to change in their current behavior/culture to make integration into western host cultures smoother. What ever it is currently, there is obviously a clash of cultures as they stand today.

It was pointed out women's rights are massively improved amongst those Muslims of the west compared with their home societies. Surely this is a sign that many can change, improving both social groups.

Cheers

This is true but how much is down to education and wanting to change or the fact that Law protects Womens rights here so they have no choice

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The way God speaks to Prophets through angels, He speaks to us through Prophets,
and this is the amazing thing about Qur'an which many people don't understand,
the Qur'an is directly speaking to everyone.
''Say He is God the One''. Qur'an

If thats what you believe OK but what does that have to do with whether Europe should resist Islam,lets get back on track

.lava

Veteran Member
can you guys explain how Europe could resist Islam since it is always individuals who convert?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
can you guys explain how Europe could resist Islam since it is always individuals who convert?

My God. :( this is not what we are talking about at all. its as if you think we are talking about Europe resisting CONVERSION to Islam.
we are talking about Muslim immigrants and their cultural trends which are at odds with European society and citizens. Europe is not going to convert to Islam, this is not even the issue. the issue is the compromises that Muslim immigrants need to make to meet the standards of European society, and the measures European authorities need to make to accommodate Muslim immigrants.

Last edited:

LittleNipper

Why? Wasn't it the Christians who ushered in the Dark Ages in the first place? Seems they are more stable because they use reason rather than superstition more effectively.

Actually, it was the pagan infiltration of church authority at Rome that undermined the church's ability to be so much more enlightening. This ended with the translation of the Bible into common language and the Reformation. The cat was again out of the bag ---- as it were.

Europe and America are slowly sinking into another age of superstition, but one manipulated by fast technological advances and contrived scientific theories that are replacing enlightenment with entertainment, truth with denial, and responsibility with perversion.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Religions should be free to practice their beliefs, as long as those beliefs do not infringe upon the rights of others.

If my religion teaches that one eyed beggars are an insult to the LORD, I do not have the religious freedom to rid the world of one eyed beggars. Nor should society grant me the right to do so.

If my religion teaches that I should scream at the top of my lungs in the middle of the street at 1am every Monday, I do not have the freedom to do so. Nor should society grant me that right.

If my religion teaches that I cannot work between the hours of 6am and 8pm on Wednesdays, I have every right to close up my shop at those times. But employers should not be forced to give me that time off.

If one wishes to live in a society where there is religious freedom, then one should expect that there will also be limitations imposed to protect the rights and security of those who do not believe as you do.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have some stats,the Muslim Council of Britain ran a Poll and the results were thus,82% said they would be loyal to Britain,89% said they want to master the English language and become more generally educated,76% said they had confidence in this Countrys judicial system which shows even the majority of British Muslims do not want Sharia (hurrah for the British Muslims at least its a step in the right direction ) and 89% said that terrorist attacks that targeted civilians cannot be morally justified.
Now from the Poll it would seem that British Muslims are happy with their Country of choice and means we must be doing something right here

kai

ragamuffin
My God. :( this is not what we are talking about at all. its as if you think we are talking about Europe resisting CONVERSION to Islam.
we are talking about Muslim immigrants and their cultural trends which are at odds with European society and citizens. Europe is not going to convert to Islam, this is not even the issue. the issue is the compromises that Muslim immigrants need to make to meet the standards of European society, and the measures European authorities need to make to accommodate Muslim immigrants.

i have to agree, this is what we are talking about isnt ? mind you it has took a few corners since the OP.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I have some stats,the Muslim Council of Britain ran a Poll and the results were thus,82% said they would be loyal to Britain,89% said they want to master the English language and become more generally educated,76% said they had confidence in this Countrys judicial system which shows even the majority of British Muslims do not want Sharia (hurrah for the British Muslims at least its a step in the right direction ) and 89% said that terrorist attacks that targeted civilians cannot be morally justified.
Now from the Poll it would seem that British Muslims are happy with their Country of choice and means we must be doing something right here
This is important information to share, Lionheart. I would love to get the source to read up more about it.

kai

ragamuffin

that sounds good you can download it from here:

The Gallup Coexist Index 2009

.lava

Veteran Member

i am sorry, that's not what i meant. my bad :) i tried to ask how Europe would resist Islam. i mean, if your answer is yes to the original question, i would like to hear how. how's it gonna happen?